The Royal Family #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are they taking the mickey out of her?

is she still trying to shill her and Diana being BFF and never having had a cross word?

Reactions: 8
It’s grand to laugh at Fergie now but in 20 years time this will be Harry and Meghan if they don’t give over. History is linear but people don’t change.

I dont understand the press she got when Diana was alive and they were they young Royal brides. I prefer Fergies clothes then to Di’s. Bride to the heir vs bride of the spare press same as now I suppose 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
It’s grand to laugh at Fergie now but in 20 years time this will be Harry and Meghan if they don’t give over. History is linear but people don’t change.

I dont understand the press she got when Diana was alive and they were they young Royal brides. I prefer Fergies clothes then to Di’s. Bride to the heir vs bride of the spare press same as now I suppose 🤷🏻‍♀️
Fergie’s clothes were hideous! So was her wedding dress with their initials on etc.

Reactions: 1
It’s hit or miss generally with 80’s fashion but I think she usually looked ok, particularly on this day and was quite pretty when she was younger. Personal taste obviously.

Both her and Diana’s wedding dresses were hideous though.
I preferred Fergie'wedding dress to Diana's one which was so OTT.

Diana became more sophisticated in the 90s Fergie never did and her daughters inherited her hideous taste in clothes.

Diana became more sophisticated in the 90s Fergie never did and her daughters inherited her hideous taste in clothes.

Reactions: 7
Yes I dont think she looked half as bad as the press made her out to be. They always put women against each other. Seeing as she is living with Andrew and defending him at every turn, I think she needs to stfu. But maybe she thinks when HM dies, Charles will cut Andrew off and stop protecting him so she has to do something to up their profile. That is not a good look though 😄

I think Fergies weddingvdress from far away looked nice re the shape etc. Diana's was hideous though.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes I dont think she looked half as bad as the press made her out to be. They always put women against each other. Seeing as she is living with Andrew and defending him at every turn, I think she needs to stfu. But maybe she thinks when HM dies, Charles will cut Andrew off and stop protecting him so she has to do something to up their profile. That is not a good look though 😄

I think Fergies weddingvdress from far away looked nice re the shape etc. Diana's was hideous though.
Diana's dress was ridiculous like a galleon

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Diana's dress was ridiculous like a galleon
It had to be big to fill the space of St Paul’s and unfortunately being the early 80’s this meant stick another ruffle on, and so being very of its time was never going to age well. Even if someone had thought to see how long it would take creases to hang out.
(Also the hype around having a Cinderella-moment dress at the time was bonkers).
Fergie had a more timeless silhouette and a more forgiving fabric.

Reactions: 5
mean, we get at least one “Kate’s sweet secret- and it’s twin girls” headlines every year. I think the boat as sailed but you never know.
Apparently Wills only wanted two and Louis was compensation after Kate found out about his affair, so another baby ( or two) could mean another affair rumbled!

Reactions: 3
For all her faux pas, I find it hard to dislike Fergie. She showed a lot of kindness to the family of Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, who died on anaphylaxis on a BA flight. I think she met the family on the same flight which Natasha's body was being repatriated on, and she is now patron of the Natasha Allergy Foundation, who do an amazing job for people like my son.

I also think her dress was better than Diana's, but they were both so typically 80s. I felt a bit sorry for her with the engagement ring though. Has a strong whiff of "Elizabeth Duke" :ROFLMAO:
1627473118016.png

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm undecided on Fergie. I want to like her because she's the under dog. She seemed like a party girl and she couldn't get anything right.

But then she let someone suck her toes and took money to get people access to that paeodo ex of hers so 🤷

• Sad
My post about Fergie's engagement ring reminded me of the worst royal engagement ring ever. Poor Princess Marie of Denmark surely had to give an Oscar-winning acting performance when she was presented with this humdinger from Prince Joachim. He actually designed it himself, and it is meant to represent the colours of the flag of France, Marie's country of birth 😬😬

1627477054355.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
My post about Fergie's engagement ring reminded me of the worst royal engagement ring ever. Poor Princess Marie of Denmark surely had to give an Oscar-winning acting performance when she was presented with this humdinger from Prince Joachim. He actually designed it himself, and it is meant to represent the colours of the flag of France, Marie's country of birth 😬😬

View attachment 683894
Probably controversial, but I always felt a bit sorry for Kate getting Diana’s engagement ring.
No input, nothing personal about it and you have to pretend to like it whether you do or not.

Reactions: 16
Apparently Wills only wanted two and Louis was compensation after Kate found out about his affair, so another baby ( or two) could mean another affair rumbled!
I think it's more the case that William didn't want her going through another pregnancy when she gets so ill with hyperemesis gravidarum she has said herself she was not the happiest of pregnant people.

Probably controversial, but I always felt a bit sorry for Kate getting Diana’s engagement ring.
No input, nothing personal about it and you have to pretend to like it whether you do or not.
I agree and I never understood it as it's not like his mother died while still in a happy marriage. They had an awful marriage and to me the ring is jinxed! Plus it's not even a nice ring. I don't like Meghan but she got a much nicer ring!

Reactions: 7
I really thought that was unfair and his behaviour a bit skinflint. Surely she should have been allowed to choose a ring with him. She may not have wanted a blue stone and it's hardly Mummy's lucky ring is it?

I agree, especially as the style of it is rather dated (to me) and Kate has never seemed to be into "big" jewellery apart from at the gala events. I hope that it doesn't become a tradition and get passed down to one of the kids to bestow on their betrothed, but I have a feeling it will.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.