The Royal Family #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See I also think Diana’s working with Morton and Charles with Penny J was a mistake too. As was Angela Kelly’s book. I do not think these books aid the RF, or the Commonwealth of nations to which they are sworn. I want a streamlined RF who are good value for (taxpayers) money and who focus on charities and good causes and champion under funded organisations and community groups. I don’t want scandal or he said she said BS, you know? Just my thoughts anyway!
I agree with you. The problem is that they just arent that interesting.They are basically a Soap Opera and for that you need drama. If you look at the papers, the amount of clicks and comments they get if the story mentions Meghan compared to if they purely talk about their visit to somewhere or other is off the scale. The problem is the Royals want attention. If they didnt leak things to the press, collaborate on books, brief against each other etc and just got on with their charity work they would not get much publicity but they could plod along fine. But they seem to want to be the most popular, have underhand PR campaigns etc. Maybe it's some sort of validation for what they do. I agree. A mega streamlined RF, maybe extended family for family occasions on the balcony etc so we can have the spectacle but the core charity stuff done by the monarch, heir, their spouses and that's it. We dont need the Queens cousin turning up at Wimbledon in his 90's

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I agree with you. The problem is that they just arent that interesting.They are basically a Soap Opera and for that you need drama. If you look at the papers, the amount of clicks and comments they get if the story mentions Meghan compared to if they purely talk about their visit to somewhere or other is off the scale. The problem is the Royals want attention. If they didnt leak things to the press, collaborate on books, brief against each other etc and just got on with their charity work they would not get much publicity but they could plod along fine. But they seem to want to be the most popular, have underhand PR campaigns etc. Maybe it's some sort of validation for what they do. I agree. A mega streamlined RF, maybe extended family for family occasions on the balcony etc so we can have the spectacle but the core charity stuff done by the monarch, heir, their spouses and that's it. We dont need the Queens cousin turning up at Wimbledon in his 90's
My friend once said that she thought all the Royal Residences have a wall chart with stickers for how many bunches of flowers/requests for selfies/local delicacies/cuddly toys/handcrafted items from the crowd/number of people dressed in h2t full Union Flag regalia/column inches/number of DM comments and how they compare with everyone else.

once you see a Royal visit and tit-for-tat leaks in those terms, it’s very hard to unsee it :cool:

(Also, it’s quite fun to work out the relative values. One handcrafted crowd item = 4 bunches of flowers.
A h2t Union Flag outfit is a bit of a joker And depends on the circumstances. A big event like a jubilee devalues this because there are usually so many, but a rain drenched, low key event in the Shires and it will trump everything else).

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Pisses me off that we don't even get to see the fancy jewels frocks and tiaras. We just get the boring old tit now with some drama chucked in!

Reactions: 4
Pisses me off that we don't even get to see the fancy jewels frocks and tiaras. We just get the boring old tit now with some drama chucked in!
I know it’s frivolous but I really agree. I want glaaaaaamour! I think the current crop of royals we have are the least glamorous.

Reactions: 7
Apparently its a 4 book deal for Harry with one being published after the Queen dies and one a wellness book written by Meghan.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Not impressed with Harry! I have no problem with him leaving the RF and setting up home elsewhere with his wife. But to continue bleating about his pain and anxiety as a member of that family. I don’t care who you are, don’t air yours or your family’s dirty laundry and making money in the process

Reactions: 16
It’s because someone somewhere has decided they need to be normal and relatable, when everyone knows they are anything but. Embrace the unrelatable, I say. Wear a tiara to drive round the estate (and that’s just the blokes), be pished on Dubonet by mid afternoon, make the servants carry bath water up 7 flights of stairs at midnight. The natural order needs more Jeeves and Wooster and less Coronation Street.

Why does Harry look creepy here 😂
View attachment 676686
It’s the Jackanory effect.

Any adult sat in a comfy chair, with a children’s book and a self conscious half smile to camera automatically falls into awkward at best, need chaperone at worst.

Last edited:
because someone somewhere has decided they need to be normal and relatable, when everyone knows they are anything but. Embrace the unrelatable, I say. Wear a tiara to drive round the estate (and that’s just the blokes), be pished on Dubonet by mid afternoon, make the servants carry bath water up 7 flights of stairs at midnight. The natural order needs more Jeeves and Wooster and less Coronation Street.
I agree with this. Don't pretend that you are struggling to look after a toddler while supervising homework ' just like us' when everyone in the world knows you have a nanny, some housekeepers, a swimming pool and a tennis court at your disposal to keep the kids occupied during lockdown. They are not relatable to most people. They know that, we know that. Just embrace it. We're paying for it, we may as well get some spectacle out of it!

Reactions: 10
I agree with this. Don't pretend that you are struggling to look after a toddler while supervising homework ' just like us' when everyone in the world knows you have a nanny, some housekeepers, a swimming pool and a tennis court at your disposal to keep the kids occupied during lockdown. They are not relatable to most people. They know that, we know that. Just embrace it. We're paying for it, we may as well get some spectacle out of it!
My absolute recent favourites are Mike Tindall bemoaning lockdown has affected his income so much, he’s not sure how they will afford the children’s school fees. Mike, petal, you live on the mother-in-law’s estate, your wife has a stable of Olympic horses, you have sponsorship deals with the likes of Landrover, your children are the great grand kids of the Queen and grand kids of the Princess Royal. Forgive me, but I don’t think Grange Hill features in their future education programme.

Also, William and Kate sat on a cold winter platform ‘waiting for the train’. When the train is the royal one that runs at their behest to their timetable And the only reason it would be ‘late’ would be beause it had been told to be. its hardly The 9.36-going-on-10.05 on the East Coast Main Line, is it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
My absolute recent favourites are Mike Tindall bemoaning lockdown has affected his income so much, he’s not sure how they will afford the children’s school fees. Mike, petal, you live on the mother-in-law’s estate, your wife has a stable of Olympic horses, you have sponsorship deals with the likes of Landrover, your children are the great grand kids of the Queen and grand kids of the Princess Royal. Forgive me, but I don’t think Grange Hill features in their future education programme.

Also, William and Kate sat on a cold winter platform ‘waiting for the train’. When the train is the royal one that runs at their behest to their timetable And the only reason it would be ‘late’ would be beause it had been told to be. its hardly The 9.36-going-on-10.05 on the East Coast Main Line, is it?
Lol. Summed up perfectly! 💅🏻👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Ha ha yeah Mike, I wonder how you are going to scrape those pennies together to make sure The Queens Great Grandchildren dont get chucked out of school if you default on your fee payment? Hmmm...

Reactions: 9
Apparently its a 4 book deal for Harry with one being published after the Queen dies and one a wellness book written by Meghan.
He’s so weird, I don’t like Meghan but at least she seems to be trying something else with a kids book and wellness, Harry is just fixated on his family when they’ve moved on. If the only interesting topic you have to talk about is your family drama you need some hobbies.

Part of me feels bad for Meghan because the more this drags on the more I think Harry was the big problem here and he has used her as revenge. Her brought her in to the family and country without teaching her basic things so she embarrassed herself, got bad press and it gave him the chance he’s always wanted to explode. I don’t know how she puts up with him as a husband, I can see why the others left.

Reactions: 13
Part of me feels bad for Meghan because the more this drags on the more I think Harry was the big problem here and he has used her as revenge. Her brought her in to the family and country without teaching her basic things so she embarrassed herself, got bad press and it gave him the chance he’s always wanted to explode. I don’t know how she puts up with him as a husband, I can see why the others left.
I agree with this. He is the main problem, and she has enabled him. Yes that's not great, but he is the issue here, they are his family, yet she gets virtually all the heat for making him do things he didn't want to do, and leading him astray when he is a grown man, taking him away from his family ( even though in any other circumstance a mans wife and two small children are more their immediate family than their brother!)

I agree with this. He is the main problem, and she has enabled him. Yes that's not great, but he is the issue here, they are his family, yet she gets virtually all the heat for making him do things he didn't want to do, and leading him astray when he is a grown man, taking him away from his family ( even though in any other circumstance a mans wife and two small children are more their immediate family than their brother!)
who genuinely signs a contract for something with the terms that it’s only out when their nanny dies? That’s extremely bizarre to me. Maybe there’s revelations that will hurt her feelings and he wants to spare that or he’s going to try and completely wreck her reputation. Both are disgusting scenarios. She’s his NANNY and some things should be left private and in the past.

cash grab around her jubilee and a cash grab after her death/ his father’s coronation. Who is advising him?! Even David and Wallace didn’t pull tit like this and they were Nazi sympathizers!

Reactions: 10
Why would he wait for tiggy to die? She was only their nanny for a few years as kids.
who genuinely signs a contract for something with the terms that it’s only out when their nanny dies? That’s extremely bizarre to me. Maybe there’s revelations that will hurt her feelings and he wants to spare that or he’s going to try and completely wreck her reputation. Both are disgusting scenarios. She’s his NANNY and some things should be left private and in the past.

cash grab around her jubilee and a cash grab after her death/ his father’s coronation. Who is advising him?! Even David and Wallace didn’t pull tit like this and they were Nazi sympathizers!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think nanny is being used in the grandmother sense here, not actual nanny.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
at least she seems to be trying something else with a kids book and wellness, Harry is just fixated on his family when they’ve moved on. If the only interesting topic you have to talk about is your family drama you need some hobbies.
I hadn’t thought of it like this - you’re right. All he’s offering people is gossip about his family. He’s not thinking long term, he’s acting really childish.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.