The Royal Family #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The royal family have some major milestone every year tbf. I think he's just getting it out asap to get the cash and in case the value goes down.

Anything that makes the Mail and likes of Wootton angry is fine by me. Can't wait to read the major headlines from the book
they do but there’s plenty of other months to release it that don’t sandwich his grandmother’s jubilee and his mothers birthday and anniversary.

Reactions: 4
they do but there’s plenty of other months to release it that don’t sandwich his grandmother’s jubilee and his mothers birthday and anniversary.
I’d assume that will be a stipulation of the publishers? maximum publicity?
having said that, hasn‘t most of it played out in The Sidebar of Shame already?
I‘d also hope some of the advance is going to pay a ghostwriter, because I’m not sure anyone could plough through something written solely by Harry however jaw dropping the revelations.

Reactions: 4
I’d assume that will be a stipulationof the publishers? maximum publicity?
having said that, hasn‘t most of it played out in The Sidebar of Shame already?
I‘d also hope some of the advance is going to pay a ghostwriter, because I’m not sure anyone could plough through something written solely by Harry however jaw dropping the revelations.
Oh I’ve no doubt he has little say in when it comes out. It’s just interesting that the marketing team are underhandedly acknowledging that he is tied to the BRF whether he likes it or not and releasing it around the time of unprecedented celebrations to do with them. If he was independent and successful in his own right then the book wouldn’t need tactics like that.

in my opinion it feels an odd time to release a memoir too. He’s 36, he’s only been “out” for what, two years? If that. He’s spent all of that time talking about the brf in one form or another and now this? What else could he possibly have to say. In 10 years time when he has proper distance from it all then I’d probably read it, but not right now. It just feels like he’s airing stuff he hasn’t processed and needs to address in therapy.

Reactions: 12
I still can't fathom anyone dishing the dirt on their own family so publicly and on going - and then asking can they have a Royal Christening in Windsor!

Baffling.

Reactions: 23
He really is a trumpet. Regardless off anything left the family and is now making his "own" way in the bog bad world. He should let sleeping dogs lie and move the duck on.

Reactions: 12
The royal family have some major milestone every year tbf. I think he's just getting it out asap to get the cash and in case the value goes down.

Anything that makes the Mail and likes of Wootton angry is fine by me. Can't wait to read the major headlines from the book
Hm, I think a jubilee year is pretty special, especially as there will be celebrations in the commonwealth countries too - so maximum global publicity for the book.

I still can't fathom anyone dishing the dirt on their own family so publicly and on going - and then asking can they have a Royal Christening in Windsor!

Baffling.
But it would be so handy to have the christening there - he could do some book signings at the same time 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Baffling.
Harry Mountbatten-Windsor, the Dominic Cummings of the Royal Family.
Traitorous rat.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I will buy it
I like Harry and I'm very interested in what he has to say. I truly believe that life in the royal family must be utterly tit and no amount of money or privilege would make it comfortable or enjoyable.

I think he made a mistake with Meghan but I admire him for doing things his own way.
He has never slated his grandparents and the Queen has said several times that she remains close to her grandson and is in regular phone contact with him.
If it doesn't annoy her then I dont know why it annoys anyone else

Reactions: 11
At least Cummings is reasonably intelligent and quick witted - makes for more amusing television when he's being a rat ;)
I’d question his intelligence tbh. No one intelligent goes for a drive to test their eyesight!
Anyway back on topic. Both traitorous rats! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I’d question his intelligence tbh. No one intelligent goes for a drive to test their eyesight!
Anyway back on topic. Both traitorous rats! 😁
If he was that intelligent he'd have come up with a better lie.

Reactions: 6
I will buy it
I like Harry and I'm very interested in what he has to say. I truly believe that life in the royal family must be utterly tit and no amount of money or privilege would make it comfortable or enjoyable.

I think he made a mistake with Meghan but I admire him for doing things his own way.
He has never slated his grandparents and the Queen has said several times that she remains close to her grandson and is in regular phone contact with him.
If it doesn't annoy her then I dont know why it annoys anyone else
He has been disrespectful to his grandmother , more in her role as Queen and all she represents , which I cannot admire at all.He should have more respect for the hard work she has done over many years ,and keep quiet about other things. No good can come of his petulance.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
A ”Royal” cashing in on his family connections to make a buck? Some things never change. I’d bet my bottom dollar if social media and streaming was around like this in the past, a lot more “Royals” would have made even more colossal tits of themselves - I wonder what Diana, Sarah Ferguson, Edward of Wessex or even further back to Margaret (who loved to embarrass sis) or that Nazi freeloading couple would have done?

No, I don’t - they and a lot more distantly related Royals would monetise everything and more. None of Hazza’s conduct is new or groundbreaking (Oprah was just a poorly acted sequel of Diana’s self-serving Panorama interview) and the only surprise is how shocked people are that a posh well-connected twit is selling them snake oil.

My question is: how much more cow-piss weak tea does Hazza gets to serve before I see posters of the panto he and his wife are starring in?

eta typo

Reactions: 10
A ”Royal” cashing in on his family connections to make a buck? Some things never change. I’d bet my bottom dollar if social media and streaming was around like this in the past, a lot more “Royals” would have made even more colossal tits of themselves - I wonder what Diana, Sarah Ferguson, Edward of Wessex or even further back to Margaret (who loved to embarrass sis) or that Nazi freeloading couple would have done?

No, I don’t - they and a lot more distantly related Royals would monetise everything and more. None of Hazza’s conduct is new or groundbreaking (Oprah was just a poorly acted sequel of Diana’s self-serving Panorama interview) and the only surprise is how shocked people are that a posh well-connected twit is selling them snake oil.

My question is: how much more cow-piss weak tea does Hazza gets to serve before I see posters of the panto he and his wife are starring in?

eta typo
Not to mention Princess Michael of Kent and her books, Fergies Oprah interview where she said almost identical things about the family and their treatment of 'incomers', her childrens books, Peter Phillips and his milk ads in the Far East, Prince Michael of Kent selling access to the Royals, Prince Andrew and his dodgy 'trade envoy' job and his syphoning off money from his charity for himself, not to mention his daughters 'jobs' which seem to involve an awful lot of time off to swan about on holiday and that's just what we know about.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

eta typo
Both of the Windsors produced ghost-written "memoirs", portraying themselves as sweet and innocent, helpless in the face of A Great Lurve. Not content with sucking up to Hitler and parasiting off every one they could, Edward is widely believed to have framed Alfred de Marigny for the murder of Sir Harry Oakes and totally fucked up the investigation while he was Governor of the Bahamas, no doubt to cover up some of his murky dealings. The reason he was sent there was to keep him out of the way during WW2 and from helping the Nazis; UK and USA intelligence kept very close eyes on him. He was an open racist.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Most of the Royal Family have collaborated on books about themselves - they’ve just not been honest as Harry is being about doing so. Diana & Andrew Moreton? Charles & Penny Junor?

All the drip feed of news we get about them is largely done with their consent. Even the Queen’s dresser wrote a book that was essentially sycophantic gossip about the Queen and openly did so with the Queen’s permission.

(If you haven’t read Angela Kelly’s book - don’t! It really is the most dreadfully written tosh and her high opinion of herself is nauseating!)

Reactions: 9
Most of the Royal Family have collaborated on books about themselves - they’ve just not been honest as Harry is being about doing so. Diana & Andrew Moreton? Charles & Penny Junor?

All the drip feed of news we get about them is largely done with their consent. Even the Queen’s dresser wrote a book that was essentially sycophantic gossip about the Queen and openly did so with the Queen’s permission.

(If you haven’t read Angela Kelly’s book - don’t! It really is the most dreadfully written tosh and her high opinion of herself is nauseating!)
I agree. I had it bought for me as a present and it was utterly rubbish. The woman would eat herself if she were chocolate

Reactions: 2

See I also think Diana’s working with Morton and Charles with Penny J was a mistake too. As was Angela Kelly’s book. I do not think these books aid the RF, or the Commonwealth of nations to which they are sworn. I want a streamlined RF who are good value for (taxpayers) money and who focus on charities and good causes and champion under funded organisations and community groups. I don’t want scandal or he said she said BS, you know? Just my thoughts anyway!

Reactions: 7
I think the massive problem is that he and his wife said, they would do the interview and that was it. But his actions are pretty much the opposite. They are constantly falling over their own actions or have to backtrack on their own words. And instead of doing better next time, they blame everyone and the Pope. Or deflect by trashing the BRF. The man is not even 40, he is still insisting on his titles, desperately wanted to keep honorary titles he only got because he is part of the BRF and from what I see expects to get a “royal” christening (could be made up though, I think they might not christen her at all) and balcony appearances for big royal engagements.
Heck, they said they would go on tours on behalf of the monarchy if asked. How exactly is he writing a memoir of leaving the BRF and becoming something different? He is still very much Prince and is not leaving that part of his life but clinging to it. They lack consistency and their changing stories and positions make me question what is true.
@Duchesspink I would have said your are right, right up till the whole Lilibet drama. It seems the Queen is actually not happy anymore.

That life in the family and the family business is not all sunshine and roses but rather the opposite was pretty much known since, I don’t now? Ever?! And the tabloids have been feeding off on it since the beginning of their existence. The biggest mistake the BRF is doing, is not cutting out people completely from the business anymore. Edward was a necessity (and thank God because this Nazi sucker really has no excuse after that), but taking titles from ex-partners and getting someone like Andrew stripped off everything should be a no brainer. They need to re-organise and change some hard legalities ASAP.
@mindlessness I agree. But let’s sprinkle in some dazzling tiara appearances please.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.