The Royal Family #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Diana said that she was presented with a tray of rings from Garrads and chose the biggest. As someone previously said she was 19 and probably didn’t know what she wanted. It was the 80’s when everything was bigger. Including her dress that looked like a duvet when she got out of the coach. Her choices showed how young and immature she was and her family should have protected her.

Reactions: 3
Diana said that she was presented with a tray of rings from Garrads and chose the biggest. As someone previously said she was 19 and probably didn’t know what she wanted. It was the 80’s when everything was bigger. Including her dress that looked like a duvet when she got out of the coach. Her choices showed how young and immature she was and her family should have protected her.
The dress was so creased when she stepped out of to he carriage it had no style or sophistication was just massive.

Reactions: 3

If this is true then Harry is incredibly sensitive. I wonder if he would have taken offense were his mother still alive and advising him. Surely saw the heartbreak of his parents especially as they hardly knew each other before marriage.

Probably controversial, but I always felt a bit sorry for Kate getting Diana’s engagement ring.
No input, nothing personal about it and you have to pretend to like it whether you do or not.
I agree. She wears it well, but there is so pressure and emotion around it. I do love that coloured stones/gemstones are having a comeback. But judging from her jewellery choices she might have preferred a way smaller ring. Not less expensive, but her choice of jewellery is often smaller pieces (hideous with a massive price tag). She very seldomly brings out the big stuff. But who knows, maybe she loves the ring (the style is certainly back by now) and feels very honoured.

Reactions: 1
I agree. She wears it well, but there is so pressure and emotion around it. I do love that coloured stones/gemstones are having a comeback. But judging from her jewellery choices she might have preferred a way smaller ring. Not less expensive, but her choice of jewellery is often smaller pieces (hideous with a massive price tag). She very seldomly brings out the big stuff. But who knows, maybe she loves the ring (the style is certainly back by now) and feels very honoured.
I’m sure she does … but it’s possibly that fine line between what is expected and what you’d pick for yourself given free reign.

Possibly even a more modern setting just to personalise it without taking away the sentiment behind it.

Past wearers of the royal jewels seemed a little less precious about resetting and reworking, Queen Mary in particular seemed quite adept at upcycling (if that’s he right word for diamonds worth thousands in the first place). Both the Lover’s Knot tiara and the Queen Mary Tiara are built round already existing items. The Queen Mum appears to have changed her husband’s wedding gift from a necklace into a tiara and no one seems to have suggested this made her ungrateful. Probably just another example of how tradition seems to have become more important to onlookers in the interim.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.