The Royal Family #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 569131

This is it I think, even the groom doesn’t look best pleased
Its like a post you might see on mumsnet AIBU to think that my MIL hates me. She came to our wedding but was very miserable and wouldn't even pose properly for the wedding photos. DH says she misses her own H so much but I think she should be over him by now.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Was he caught shagging some prostitute or something, Albert went to see him to tell him to pack it in, got caught in the rain, got pneumonia and died. She was a drama Queen in all senses 😄
she said something along the lines of ’I never can, or shall, look at him without a shudder’.
I think Albert was ill anyway but took himself off in the rain to have words with Edward and died a couple of weeks later

Reactions: 5
That’s hilarious! Do Americans think royals wear tiaras 24/7? Even in the olden days they didn’t wear them all the time!
Oprah fake?
Surely not.
But then Kitty Kelly has a knack of digging out inconvenient recollections.

Quotes from the NYPost article:

...’is a big phony when it comes to her own past...’;

...’all are stories she has manipulated for decades in the name of sensational ratings,...’;

‘Winfrey concocted stories about sexual abuse she suffered as a child — and grossly exaggerated the poverty she was brought up in.’;

‘She may not have been well off, but Oprah was relatively “spoiled” as a little girl, her cousin said;

“Where Oprah got that nonsense about growing up in filth and roaches I have no idea,” said the relative, Katherine Carr Esters. “I’ve confronted her and asked, ‘Why do you tell such lies?’ Oprah told me, ‘That’s what people want to hear. The truth is boring.’ ”;

A friend of Esters added that the manipulation of her past is a key to her success.
“Every move is calculated to further her brand and lift her image, which is why she does good works,” Jewette Battles said.’;

‘Later, determined to become rich and famous, Winfrey was ready to change her story to her advantage, making sure she cultivated her image as an everywoman, the book alleges.’;

‘Vernon Winfrey says he’s been dismayed by how Oprah plays fast and loose with the truth.
“She may be admired by the world, but I know the truth,” he says. “So does God and so does Oprah. Two of us remain ashamed.”’;

Sound familiar?
OW & Mrs6 are kindred spirits.
The invitation to the 6s wedding was the nod & wink between them.
OW was always going to give Mrs6 an easy ride.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Was he caught shagging some prostitute or something, Albert went to see him to tell him to pack it in, got caught in the rain, got pneumonia and died. She was a drama Queen in all senses 😄

And a hypocrite too. When she died, her son burned her diary as it was extremely ”saucy”. Vicki spent much of her marriage romping with Al. That’s why she had so many children, I guess.

To add to the terrible person reputation, Victoria ordered her youngest daughter to remain unmarried so she could serve solely as a companion and carer to the old witch. Imagine THAT thread on “Am I The Asshole” on Reddit.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She called her babies ugly and frog like. She used her youngest as an emotional crutch after Albert died. Allegedly she had a number of emotional if not physical relationships after his death but kept up the public persona of the eternal grieving widow.
She was certainly a very complex character, I'm fascinated by her tbh.

Reactions: 10
And a hypocrite too. When she died, her son burned her diary as it was extremely ”saucy”. Vicki spent much of her marriage romping with Al. That’s why she had so many children, I guess.

To add to the terrible person reputation, Victoria ordered her youngest daughter to remain unmarried so she could serve solely as a companion and carer to the old witch. Imagine THAT thread on “Am I The Asshole” on Reddit.
I thought it was the daughter who burnt her diaries? But yes, she loved sex but didn't like the babies that came with it. I get a similar feeling about our own blessed Queen to some extent. She loved Phil, but wasn't that bothered about motherhood.

Reactions: 5
There’s a new school of thought that says Albert may not have died of Typhoid, but he actually had something like Chrohns! No one else got sick with typhoid within the royal circle at that time, and now we look back the symptoms don’t match, and he throughout his life has periods of ill health, especially gastric symptoms at times of stress

I thought it was the daughter who burnt her diaries? But yes, she loved sex but didn't like the babies that came with it. I get a similar feeling about our own blessed Queen to some extent. She loved Phil, but wasn't that bothered about motherhood.
The more I read about Victoria the more I feel really sad for her ☹ A complex character for sure

Reactions: 3
Queen Vic is an interesting character. I can't forgive her for calling the suffragettes 'the mad folly of women's rights'. She was mostly pregnant then hiding in widowhood so l think most of the gold in the golden era of Victoria came from Albert's innovation.

I guess it's hard to look back through a modern lens.

Reactions: 8
She called her babies ugly and frog like. She used her youngest as an emotional crutch after Albert died. Allegedly she had a number of emotional if not physical relationships after his death but kept up the public persona of the eternal grieving widow.
She was certainly a very complex character, I'm fascinated by her tbh.
And ironically the 'frog like' look came from her, the kind of bulging eyes for example. There's a great doc of her on Netflix, Victoria and her nine children I think it was called.

Reactions: 12
And ironically the 'frog like' look came from her, the kind of bulging eyes for example. There's a great doc of her on Netflix, Victoria and her nine children I think it was called.
I've enjoyed that doc. Beatrice has her eyes, I think she looks so like her, apparently Victoria was tiny.

Reactions: 4
She was also disgusted when her daughters and granddaughters breast fed their babies, calling them milk cows. Pregnancy and childbirth was the 'shadow side' of marriage.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I've enjoyed that doc. Beatrice has her eyes, I think she looks so like her, apparently Victoria was tiny.
Beatrice definitely got a lot of Victoria's features, thankfully not her personality 🤭

Reactions: 3
So the general consensus is Queen Vic was a bit of a beatch then? 🤭
I think she became Queen at 18, was very sheltered and immature even for an 18 year old, then married Albert, fell madly in love in a teenage way then proceeded to have lots of sex and babies, then he died and she was still a teenage drama queen at heart and hadn't really done anything else.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.