The Royal Family #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does Harry always publicly point the finger at Charles (and William)?

They were gracious and did not comment on the Oprah interview, and now comes the next kick.

He obviously wants the public to think badly of the BRF. If I were Charles I would be so disappointed in him and distance myself - as he seems to do.

They blamed Thomas Markle for talking to the press about personal issues with Meghan - what Harry does is exactly the same.
It is hypocritical.
See the thing is, l don't think he does want people to think badly of the BRF. I don't think he is thinking through the impact of what he is saying, because usually someone does that for him. The occasions he has not had that - the Africa tour when he seemed to confirm there was a rift, the Oprah interview, picking a Nazi uniform to wear- he has put his foot in it.

Then he blames the press for ruining his life.

Reactions: 11
I think one of the worst things he said was how privilege is a spectrum that you can move along in life and he thinks he has. As though living in a huge mansion is worlds away from Kensington Palace and he’s now slumming it.

Despite having met thousands of people living on the breadline, he comes across as struggling to understand how incredibly lucky and privileged his life is. He seems so full of anger that he can’t see it because he thinks he’s so hard done by because he had to live through cheating parents, the death of his mother and the press giving him a hard time.

He showed during his time as a royal that, like his mother he is emotionally intelligent but lacks intelligence elsewhere. The difference is she learnt from doing Panorama that it doesn’t do well to air your dirty laundry but he just keeps going.

Reactions: 20
See the thing is, l don't think he does want people to think badly of the BRF. I don't think he is thinking through the impact of what he is saying, because usually someone does that for him. The occasions he has not had that - the Africa tour when he seemed to confirm there was a rift, the Oprah interview, picking a Nazi uniform to wear- he has put his foot in it.

Then he blames the press for ruining his life.
That’s a fair point actually. He’s never had to think through or face any genuine consequences for his actions because everyone always did the thinking for him.

The thing is he was publicly playing the prince role very well. Invictius and heads together are brilliant things to front and put your name on and he seemed to have a real passion for both and its a shame he didn’t run with those instead of looking for pity. Diana for all her faults had William and Harry with her visiting those less fortunate than them so they could recognise that they had a great life and to help where they could and he STILL doesn’t get it.

Reactions: 12
Just a bunch but I reckon Harry might have a better idea than Becky from Croydon of the parenting he's had from Charles

Love to see the Mail's piss boiling after losing the court cases

Reactions: 2
Just a bunch but I reckon Harry might have a better idea than Becky from Croydon of the parenting he's had from Charles

Charles could be a terrible parent but why does the world need to know that? Why is that not something Harry can talk through privately in therapy, with his wife and friends and do the inner work on himself so he learns for Archie.

A lot of people have tit parents without making it a public spectacle.

Reactions: 16
I think one of the worst things he said was how privilege is a spectrum that you can move along in life and he thinks he has. As though living in a huge mansion is worlds away from Kensington Palace and he’s now slumming it.
To be fair to him, the poor lamb now only has one residence instead of several, and has probably had to cut down his lackeys to the bare minimum. He thinks the Royals are 'trapped'? Well if he wasn't so dumb, he would realise that they are trapped because they are desperate to be 'trapped' in their lives of unbridled priviledge, and to make sure the Monarchy survives for as long as it possibly can. Everything they do and everyone in the Royal Family has one purpose. To keep the Monarchy going. For all their faults, they aren't stupid enough to think that they could survive without their huge amounts of unearned wealth, property and staff. Harry was dumb enough to think the grass was greener having to pay your own bills and worry about whether your kids and grandkids will get a good enough education or healthcare. The rest of them aren't so they cling on to the Monarchy for dear life. Even the ones who pretend that they are independent know they will never have to worry, even if they marry an unemployed Tequila salesman, as long as they tow the party line.

He was brought up by nannies and then went to boarding school at 8. How much parenting did Charles or even Diana even do?

Reactions: 8
It's the public nature of it all for me. Even if Charles was the worst parent in the world, imagine hearing your son tell the world that on a global podcast? If Harry has been going to therapy like he says then I'm afraid it doesn't really seem like it's working. He seems to think he's 'cured' and has 'seen the light' when it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that he's still incredibly angry and bitter. The question is, can we really blame Charles? If he's spent all of his time at home with the boys he wouldn't have achieved half the things he has, his work is actually excellent when you take 5 minutes to look at everything he's done. I'm not saying that should come at the expense of being a good father but as the heir to the throne I'm going to guess it's not quite as easy to say 'no I need to be home by 5 to cook the tea'. Harry had way more freedom that Charles and William would have done, he could have chosen a military career, he could have stepped back when he met Meghan yet he chose to bring her into this world he hated so much, forcing her to give up everything? He had access to therapy but couldn't get the same help for his wife? Or did she want to go to some elite celebrity spa not your bog standard sit down therapy session?

Reactions: 16
“They duck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you."

Philip Larkin Prince Harry 2021

Hardly a stunning revelation, and a matter that should be between him and the therapist he's not had to wait 18 months to see like the rest of us.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

I don’t think anyone’s disputing Harry knows more, but doesn’t everyone parent their own children different to how they were parented? It doesn’t mean they’re bad parents or deserve to have their child tit on them in public when they can’t defend themselves. Even if Charles was a tit dad why is it our business?

Reactions: 9
It's the public nature of it all for me. Even if Charles was the worst parent in the world, imagine hearing your son tell the world that on a global podcast? If Harry has been going to therapy like he says then I'm afraid it doesn't really seem like it's working. He seems to think he's 'cured' and has 'seen the light' when it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that he's still incredibly angry and bitter. The question is, can we really blame Charles? If he's spent all of his time at home with the boys he wouldn't have achieved half the things he has, his work is actually excellent when you take 5 minutes to look at everything he's done. I'm not saying that should come at the expense of being a good father but as the heir to the throne I'm going to guess it's not quite as easy to say 'no I need to be home by 5 to cook the tea'. Harry had way more freedom that Charles and William would have done, he could have chosen a military career, he could have stepped back when he met Meghan yet he chose to bring her into this world he hated so much, forcing her to give up everything? He had access to therapy but couldn't get the same help for his wife? Or did she want to go to some elite celebrity spa not your bog standard sit down therapy session?
I actually do like Charles. I know adultery/ Diana and all that ( hardly unusual in the BRF) but I think he is the most decent and intelligent out of the lot of them. He has done some good environmental work and the Princes Trust. But even that, apparently he has 7 eggs cooked for him for breakfast, just so that one of them is just right. That is not environmentally sound if he has had that done for him his entire life. They amount of food waste and general waste the Royals must use up must be far more than any other family, if their most environmentally conscious member is doing things like that

Reactions: 3
Charles could be a terrible parent but why does the world need to know that? Why is that not something Harry can talk through privately in therapy, with his wife and friends and do the inner work on himself so he learns for Archie.

A lot of people have tit parents without making it a public spectacle.
Because those tit parents aren't one of the most famous people in the world or a future king.

Reactions: 2
Because those tit parents aren't one of the most famous people in the world or a future king.
Will it affect his rein if he has one? No. It isn’t like he’s a public danger and therefore Harry needs to warn to UK of how terrible he is. It’s a private issue between father and son. Sure isn’t talking to the press the same reason Meghan rightfully cut her father off?

Reactions: 7
Will it affect his rein if he has one? No. It isn’t like he’s a public danger and therefore Harry needs to warn to UK of how terrible he is. It’s a private issue between father and son. Sure isn’t talking to the press the same reason Meghan rightfully cut her father off?
This is my main problem. We don't need to know what Charles is like a father. What we need to know is what his morals are, what his areas of focus are, what his work ethic is like, what his vision for the monarchy and country is. They're the things that impact us. And the ironic thing is that his alleged lack of skills as a father is probably down to him putting so much effort and work into those elements, in order for him to be a good King. There's only 2 people who are impacted by his skills as a father, there's lot more who will be impacted by his skills as a King and that's the unfortunate truth.

Try this couple, the first is by Kate Williams and the second Lucy Worsley.

Thank you so much, you’re a star!

I don't think he is thinking through the impact of what he is saying, because usually someone does that for him.
I agree, plus he’s never had this much freedom to say what he wants before. As we grow we learn restrain and tact but he’s lived in this Royal bubble which has restrained him but also which has protected him. The wearing of Nazi uniform, the racist terms, the being naked in Vegas etc. He hasn’t had to deal with the fall out from saying the wrong thing because of the Firm.

On another note, it would be interesting if we could hear William’s true thoughts on this. I know we never will, but I wonder how William feels about his father, how the Firm treated him mother, the job he was born for etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I think that children perceive the parenting they receive from their parents differently.

A friend of mine (who perceived her childhood as happy and her parents as v loving and attentive) has a sister with lots of mental issues who feels that their parents messed her up completely.

And I think with these things it is difficult to say what is "wrong" or "right". And no parent is perfect.

All of the above makes it a very tricky subject to discuss in public. Essentially, it will reflect negatively on the BRF and by association on the UK.

In my view, Harry would have handled this better by discussing this privately and advocating mental health in a more general way publicly.

I also feel that he first blamed the press and then his family - but what about himself? Did he ever take accountability for his actions, eg offending people from Pakistan or victims of the Nazi regime? Or triggering gambling addicts by his pictures in Vegas or offending women that were sexually exploited with the naked pictures?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
i'm starting to feel uncomfortable hearing him air their dirty laundry constantly. i just don't understand why he wouldn't focus on himself, meghan, their family, their move to la and his new job in these pr opportunities instead of just trying to spill secrets about the royal family constantly. it all just seems like problems that any normal family would have blown up into some massive thing just because of who they are. why is he so determined to paint himself as some angelic being when he's fucked up plenty of times himself?

also. they were worried about archie's security because of white supremacists. do they not realise that they may be making archie even more of a target with this constant mud-slinging exercise? there are royalist white supremacists out there who will just become more and more enraged by constant criticism of the royal family. this is not me saying that he should silence himself because of white supremacists but it is me saying that if it was my baby i was worried about being attacked by white supremacists, there is no way I would do ANYTHING to draw more attention to him in a negative way.

But does it matter to the rest of the world?

Whilst l can imagine Charles being emotionally unavailable (too busy thinking about being Camillas tampon eh?) I don't think for a second he was creating an environment that would lead to attachment issues. He wasn't beaten and starved. He has experienced something that many children have.

• Haha
But does it matter to the rest of the world?

Whilst l can imagine Charles being emotionally unavailable (too busy thinking about being Camillas tampon eh?) I don't think for a second he was creating an environment that would lead to attachment issues. He wasn't beaten and starved. He has experienced something that many children have.
Yes, and many children also had emotionally unavailable parents as those parents had money worries or other issues that came on top of it.

In addition, it didn't sound like he had forgiven Charles. Or does it?

Maybe he simply wants to raise awareness but it sounds like he blame his father?

Reactions: 4
I think that children perceive the parenting they receive from their parents differently.

A friend of mine (who perceived her childhood as happy and her parents as v loving and attentive) has a sister with lots of mental issues who feels that their parents messed her up completely.

And I think with these things it is difficult to say what is "wrong" or "right". And no parent is perfect.

All of the above makes it a very tricky subject to discuss in public. Essentially, it will reflect negatively on the BRF and by association on the UK.

In my view, Harry would have handled this better by discussing this privately and advocating mental health in a more general way publicly.

I also feel that he first blamed the press and then his family - but what about himself? Did he ever take accountability for his actions, eg offending people from Pakistan or victims of the Nazi regime? Or triggering gambling addicts by his pictures in Vegas or offending women that were sexually exploited with the naked pictures?
And not two children are parented the exact same way. Even siblings. You as a parent change, children are individuals as well. Personalities clash or compliment each other. What works with one, is not ideal for the other.
I think that Wilian had his own struggles to come to terms with his father. At least around George’s birth that was heavily hinted on. He was very open to seek out therapy and he found a second family in the Middletons. I wonder if they are close now, or just realised they had to build something new. If Wiliam has set his eyes to the throne and therefore goes along? The Cambridges were pretty clear about doing this differently and making different choices regarding their children. All without publicly pointing the finger on tv.

• Heart
I thought the death of Prince Philip might have brought them closer together again but if anything, it seems Harry is drifting further and further away. No need to air your dirty laundry in public

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.