The Royal Family #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She did, and it nearly didn't happen because porka wanted Sarah to wear a tiara during the interview and Sarah refused point blank

when Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, appeared on Oprah following her 1996 divorce from Prince Andrew, Oprah insisted that the Duchess wear a tiara. Prudently, Sarah declined, and, after a bit of friction, was allowed to appear on Oprah with grace and dignity.

That’s hilarious! Do Americans think royals wear tiaras 24/7? Even in the olden days they didn’t wear them all the time!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I take Markle’s “work of literature” as seriously as anything with a David Walliams’ sticker on it PLUS Middleton rates the same as Dorklyn Beckham’s What I See coffee table “book” which was similarly a product of a lazy, wealthy and connected person.
🤷‍♀️
"Middleton's" as you call it, is not her work alone. It is a collection from many many people including little Millie Sneddon's submitted image of her waving to her daddy while he was unable to live with them while she was being treated with chemo. Yes, the image the H&M fans on twatter called an acted out publicity stunt and laughed at.
The photographs were chosen to memorialise what we went through during the pandemic and lockdowns.
Unlike baby Beckham the Duchess of Cambridge didn't take all the photos, she is simply sponsoring the cause (charities) and spearheading the publicity drive.
Would I buy it? No, simply because my money is tight at present but I will certainly look for it when it hits libraries.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
"Middleton's" as you call it, is not her work alone. It is a collection from many many people including little Millie Sneddon's submitted image of her waving to her daddy while he was unable to live with them while she was being treated with chemo. Yes, the image the H&M fans on twatter called an acted out publicity stunt and laughed at.
The photographs were chosen to memorialise what we went through during the pandemic and lockdowns.
Unlike baby Beckham the Duchess of Cambridge didn't take all the photos, she is simply sponsoring the cause (charities) and spearheading the publicity drive.
Would I buy it? No, simply because my money is tight at present but I will certainly look for it when it hits libraries.
We are lucky to be able to capture social history for posterity.

Reactions: 3

I remember people discussing before that Kent was looked at somewhat fondly in some Russian circles because of his Romanov style appearance. Whether he’s actually got inside access or is straight up scamming, I don’t think the unscrupulous/ultra private types surrounding Putin will take too kindly to being identified or brought into a foreign aristocrat’s mess. I think Kent is going to need to skip the next few cuppa teas with his mates.

Aren’t various countries discussing sanctions of key Russian figures in response to military build ups in Ukraine? It’ll be interesting to see if Kent is connected to any of the potential targets of sanctions.

So far we’ve had Randy Andy and his sex offender business pals and now Kent and his shady oligarchic associates. Good job on the people breaking the news - so many outlets over here in the UK seemed to go out of their way now to cover for the local royals. I started to think we were going to properly go down the French style of journalism whereby only poor people’s wrongdoings could be reported upon.

Reactions: 10
Do you know how many if her pictures are in it? I understood that she’d written a forward for it only. It’s definitely not ‘her’ book.

Reactions: 1
Do you know how many if her pictures are in it? I understood that she’d written a forward for it only. It’s definitely not ‘her’ book.
Well, to some extend it is her book.

It was her idea (or the idea from someone who works with her who created the idea for her, who knows) and she put the call out for people to send her photographs.
She then selected them with the Queen, I guess Kate selected the photos and showed them to the Queen who then made a statement of praise.
Then Kate curated the online out outside exhibition together with the NPG and wrote the foreword to the book/catalogue and promoted it.

So whilst it is not comparable to a novel or something it is still "her book".

Reactions: 6
Well, to some extend it is her book.

It was her idea (or the idea from someone who works with her who created the idea for her, who knows) and she put the call out for people to send her photographs.
She then selected them with the Queen, I guess Kate selected the photos and showed them to the Queen who then made a statement of praise.
Then Kate curated the online out outside exhibition together with the NPG and wrote the foreword to the book/catalogue and promoted it.

So whilst it is not comparable to a novel or something it is still "her book".

Ha! So she took one of her employee’s ideas, got other people to send her their photos, and then showed other people’s work to her granny-in-law for approval? But it’s her book because she put a forward on it like a Katie Price type book?

At least Dorklyn took and stood by the pictures in HIS book and the Pwicy was upfront about her ghostwriters...

:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
Ha! So she took one of her employee’s ideas, got other people to send her their photos, and then showed other people’s work to her granny-in-law for approval? But it’s her book because she put a forward on it like a Katie Price type book?

At least Dorklyn took and stood by the pictures in HIS book and the Pwicy was upfront about her ghostwriters...

The photos were judged by a panel, not the Queen. https://www.npg.org.uk/hold-still/hold-still-selection-process/

But yeah, it’s not Kate’s book. The NPG published it. However, she’s their patron, wrote the preface, spearheaded the photo competition and exhibition, and is promoting it to raise money for good causes. Why read into it more than that?

Reactions: 19

Please read again:

I said it was her idea, or possibly the idea of someone who works with / for her. I did NOT say it was one of her employee's idea, as how should I know?

I still think it is her book.
If someone writes about history or an event then it is also their book, although they did not participate in the event.
If I write an article which is an interview with someone it is still my article, although I am merely typing up what someone else said.

Reactions: 8
I remember people discussing before that Kent was looked at somewhat fondly in some Russian circles because of his Romanov style appearance.
The Kents are closely related to the Romanovs not just through Queen Alexandra and her sister Dagmar/Maria Feodorovna, but through their mother Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark whose mother was a Russian Grand Duchess, granddaughter of Tsar Alexander II. In addition, the Greek royals are descended from Queen Olga, Grand Duchess Olga Constantinovna, granddaughter of Tsar Nicholas I, so Marina was descended from the Romanovs on both sides of her family. No wonder if he has a resemblance! The Kents are cousins to both Elizabeth and Philip, leaving them doubly related to Charles and his siblings; incidentally, both Elizabeth and Philip were at the wedding of Marina and George Kent as small children through it is not known if they actually met then.

I don't understand the Prince Michael stuff. He's very handsome though.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
That’s hilarious! Do Americans think royals wear tiaras 24/7? Even in the olden days they didn’t wear them all the time!
I work with Americans and a lot really believe the queen wears a crown and sits on a throne on a daily basis LOL. Lots of them think Meghan is still a real princess complete with pet unicorns.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I don't understand the Prince Michael stuff. He's very handsome though.
He’s definitely got the Russian tsar look down. So did James Middleton when he had a beard.
Ooof, is this a new kink? Russian Tsar look pre revolution?

It looks like a stale cottage loaf
It looks quite frazzled. I’d love to give it a deep conditioning treatment.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
He’s definitely got the Russian tsar look down. So did James Middleton when he had a beard.
Ooof, is this a new kink? Russian Tsar look pre revolution?
I’ve just had to google him because Russian Tsar is possibly a kink I didn’t know I had - but all I can see when I look at him is Captain Birdseye 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
I’ve just had to google him because Russian Tsar is possibly a kink I didn’t know I had - but all I can see when I look at him is Captain Birdseye 🤦🏻‍♀️
There are photos of George V and the Tzar and the family resemblance is strong - even more when you add in Edward VII.

Reactions: 8
The gorgeous gene seemed to skip the Windsor. Am I right? Who do we blame for this, the Bowes-Lyons?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.