Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Homesweethomesweethome

Charlotte is a very pretty young girl, but I find the released photo almost too personal. Kate capture the personality of her children well, but I weirdly almost feel as if Charlotte's privacy has been invaded, especially with the wild hair. It almost seems a bit sensual (and inappropriate - this was my very first impression when I saw the picture).
This was just my impression. Maybe I would have used a photo that is a bit less personal.

But she certainly has Kate's thick hair! In all the other photos her hair was always groomed.
Sensual? Are you alright? It’s literally a simple photo of a 6 year old child wearing appropriate clothes. If you see that as sensual and inappropriate I’d get yourself checked out. Madness!

• Heart
Reactions: 59

Chita

VIP Member
Married 73 years.
That void he will leave in the Queen's life is huge.
They have experienced so much together.
He served us well.

I hoped he'd make it to his 100th, RIP Sir.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

shragae

The thing that is standing out on all the tv footage is that within seconds of Prince Philip walking up to people, he has them laughing.

Wicked sense of humour.
He was a real Dude.

He was also a WW II hero. A real hero. His ship was attacked by the Germans. He tricked them into redirecting their aim by throwing a smoky wooden raft into the sea -- and was credited with saving all lives on board. He was 22.

His mother saved some Jews by hiding them from the Nazis in the war, too.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Especially not a racist one.
I should ignore this, but if you call a man that refused to join the Hitler Youth and fought the Nazis - actually saving his whole team on a boat from them by reacting bravely and swiftly - and who traveled the whole world and knew many international leaders a "Nazi" then this says a lot about you and nothing about him.

He made some inappropriate comments - get over it. Doesn't make him racist.

I think that some people actually don't understand what "racist" means.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

50sGirl

VIP Member
I tend to mourn humans rather than boats, I've never seen her that upset before or after that event.
I’ll let you into a little secret shall I?
Today I sold something of my Dad’s. It was something he loved but it was far too big for me to keep and I’d never use it anyway, so I wanted someone to have it who would get as much enjoyment from it as he did.
As it was loaded into their van, I took one last look at it and cried. Sobbed my heart out actually.
Did I expect to? No.
I cried over the loss of an inanimate object.
How pathetic of me eh?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I am worried about the Queen now though. It’s not unusual in elderly couples who’ve been married for such a long time like this, that when one dies the other isn’t far behind. I really don’t think this country could cope with losing HM on top of everything else (Covid, Brexit, the threat of Scotland leaving the Union etc). Psychologically I think it would do a lot of damage. She is the one constant in all our lives, there are few people alive who can remember a time before her. Even my Dad whos in his 70’s can’t remember the Queen not being on the throne.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I doubt very much that Charlotte’s hair has been bleached OR retouched. Why would they change her hair colour for a photo?

I have two brunette children who get golden blonde streaks in their hair from the sun. It really is as simple and unremarkable as that.

Reactions: 35

Falkor

VIP Member
I suspect this is a very good mock-up, if it was genuine it's been deleted, but it did make me first gasp and then laugh.

FBI.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 35

BelleAmie

VIP Member
Charlotte is a very pretty young girl, but I find the released photo almost too personal. Kate capture the personality of her children well, but I weirdly almost feel as if Charlotte's privacy has been invaded, especially with the wild hair. It almost seems a bit sensual (and inappropriate - this was my very first impression when I saw the picture).
This was just my impression. Maybe I would have used a photo that is a bit less personal.

But she certainly has Kate's thick hair! In all the other photos her hair was always groomed.
How is the photo too personal? It’s literally just a photo of a child.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

50sGirl

VIP Member
Am I the only one who actually wants to see Harry and Meghan happy? Yes they’ve made mistakes but haven’t we all? I really hope it works out for them and they and their children are happy and healthy. They’ve been through a lot to be together it would be so sad if it didn’t work out.
Yes but do it in private without the PR stunts every 2 minutes and the trashing of his family.
If they were truly happy then we’d not hear from them at all - instead rarely a week goes by without some story (woe is me or look how kind we are) from across the pond.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Falkor

VIP Member
BTW, I have a parenting book that actually recommends ensuring that young children have "sensual experiences" - what is meant that they experience their senses, eg the wind on their skin, rain, cold/heat, different foods, music, movements etc.
I think your parenting book perhaps meant to use 'sensory experiences', which is the correct term for it. Sack the copy editor :)

• Haha
Reactions: 33

50sGirl

VIP Member
Meanwhile, the rest of us risk a fine if we do not observe social distancing.
This is a photo of some of “the rest of us” taken on the day of the funeral...

40C47AE8-AC86-436E-9906-6B767F47BF88.jpeg

Compare this to a photo take on the same day of a lady who has lost her husband yet sits alone to show empathy towards “the rest of us” who have had to attend funerals during the restrictions...

DCE780D5-5CE7-4505-9D89-5F47C9A1F10A.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32

Reraciara

Chatty Member
The cynic in me believes Andrew might use this to get back into the public realm again and people will be too scared to criticise him because of it. Agree with people sbout Megan and Harry - damned if they do, dammed if they don't!

Eh? PA is his son. Whatever the feelings about PA’s supposed actions he has yet to be convicted in a court of law.
You mean the case he refuses to cooperate with and is hiding behind his mother so he can't be charged with anything? I 100% believe Virginia's claims about PA and the fact that people believe that Andrew is innocent because he hasn't been charged is ignorant. Only 3% of sexual Assult/ rape cases get a conviction which is hugely down to people holding opinions like this and the shame of it happening.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Great_Kate

VIP Member
I completely understand why someone finds it easier to show tears about emotional yet minor moments but hold it in when the big wrecking ball hits. Just because we don’t see much emotion doesn’t mean they aren’t there. The icier the face, the more someone might be fighting to stand upright and not completely loose it.
I would hate to share my inner feelings with such a wide public. Just look at Diana’s death. The public took over and acted as if they are entitled to emotions and as if THEIR emotional needs were to be regarded higher then the people grieving an actual family member. The public has a tendency to suck you out. Now, the DoE certainly isn’t Diana, but no one has a right to now if the Queen is devastier, at peace or secretly popping champagne about his passing.

I don’t think the picture is a swipe at Harry and Meghan. It’s probably the last picture of that sort that was taken. Just because some aren’t there doesn’t mean you cannot use the last picture.
I guess if they hadn’t excused themselves in 2019 from Balmoral because Archie was “too young” (but not for France and Ibiza) there would have been a newer picture. Sorry, but if you don’t turn up for the photo op there won’t be a photo.

• Heart

BelleAmie

VIP Member
This is so sad 😔 whatever people’s feelings are towards the royal family, a lady has lost her husband of 73 years with many having lost a father/grandfather/great-grandfather.

• Heart
  • Sad

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
I’m genuinely sad. Regardless of your feelings for our monarchy he was beside the queen every minute of the way. I can’t see her lasting long without him.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

thegirlscout

VIP Member
It almost seems a bit sensual (and inappropriate - this was my very first impression when I saw the picture).
I think describing a six year old girl as looking ‘sensual’ is highly worrying. I know we started sexualising girls young but I didn’t realise it was *that* young.

Scandalous_Purpose

I don’t want to discredit anyone’s experience, I’m sure things were really tough for Harry growing up and he suffered a lot mentally. However, he (and Meghan) don’t help themselves as they never, ever seem to recognise the enormous privilege that they have. Harry in particular grew up with guaranteed wealth for the rest of his life and never had to worry where his next meal etc was coming from, and he doesn’t seem to understand that he comes across badly when he doesn’t continually recognise his privilege.

Lilliepad

VIP Member
We have found a loophole!! Hopefully Megan is not reading this!! Whether it’s great grandchild or grandchild.I’m no legal brain but I think it would still classified as a grandchild it would be under her area!
But why would you want a child removed from its mother? It’s not as if we know her to be abusive to Archie?

I get you lot don’t like her but good lord why are we hypothesising about a child being removed from a mother than seems to have done them no harm? Harry and Meghan aren’t even divorced!