The Royal Family #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he’s saying that the pain he suffered from his father’s parenting is partly due to the pain that his father suffered from his grandparents parenting. Which kinda sounds like he’s saying the Queen was a bad mum?
Genetic pain due to his father and his grandparents parenting styles? Surely that's nothing to do with genetics and down to nurture, not nature? 🤷🏼‍♀️ But hey I'm not a geneticist and it's another meaningful Cali buzz phrase for him.

It sounds like a psychobabble term for 'trying to learn from your parents mistakes', which is normal and something we all have in mind when we have children, surely? It's just not a snazzy or special enough way of saying it for Harry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I don’t want to discredit anyone’s experience, I’m sure things were really tough for Harry growing up and he suffered a lot mentally. However, he (and Meghan) don’t help themselves as they never, ever seem to recognise the enormous privilege that they have. Harry in particular grew up with guaranteed wealth for the rest of his life and never had to worry where his next meal etc was coming from, and he doesn’t seem to understand that he comes across badly when he doesn’t continually recognise his privilege.

Reactions: 31
How is being born to be a spare (in case the other one dies) a privilege? Sounds like something out a horror film. And what choices to the royal children have? Can they grow up to be doctors, lawyers, musicians? Nope.
Course he could. He could have stayed in the army but he chose to leave to be a full-time royal. That’s all on him. Realistically the older they got the lower down the pecking order he would become - Zara was in the Olympics at one point.

When he’s stopped telling stories about the family will he have anything else to talk about? At the moment it feels like everyone’s using him to get royal gossip but he thinks he’s being welcomed by America. It could end up being awfully lonely if you alienate your family and your new “friends” are now bored there’s no more gossip.

Reactions: 22
Harry described his life as a mixture between TheTruman Show and a zoo.

Can l wow again please?

No doubt it had its pressures and negative aspects. But he seems to have no idea. It's not exactly having to choose between heating or eating, or keeping your kid out of a gang, or getting into debt to keep the roof over your head is it?

Is this the video clip you mean because she doesn’t shake his hand and seems to be acting normal for a mother in her position.
What I'm seeing in that video is Margaret thinking "Hello Boys!" when the Mounties disembark 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don’t know if “genetic” is the scientific definition but there is definitely a field that does research how experiences bleed down into the next generations. Especially regarding trauma. For example: During and after WWII, many people starved. And this experience shaped their children and grandchildren. Finish your plate no matter what because you might not get something tomorrow, had definitely made its way into normal parenting (finishing the plate was expected because polite/parents know best..) and is only starting to significantly relax in my generation again. Harsh or distant parenting, more formal children-parent relationships (completely defined by our modern perspective) obviously affect how you treat your own children. There are obvious things we want to do differently or patterns we want to break and sometimes it’s hard to find a way to accomplish that. And sometimes we don’t realise that we are continuing things that we actually don’t like.
The BRF being an extremely dysfunctional family is hardly news. Charles problematic upbringing too. The fact that he and Diana come from toxic backgrounds (note: of course H does not say one syllable about the Diana part even though it has been in the open for decades) will have influenced their parenting. In good ways and bad ways. Trying to do things differently can be great or a disaster. Overcompensation for example- I think Harry would have loved Gordonstoun. Not noticing certain needs of you children (which can happen to anyone). Trying to give them the instruments to conquer what you think their future will be instead of preparing them to make a choice of their own wether you like it or not (which most parents are guilty of in my experience. Me included.)
H had choices. He might have not been aware for a long time though. If he was always treated as if his future was being a Prince he probably internalised it (and to this day he hasn’t found a way to transform into something different. That guy is lost.). But the further down the pecking order he went, after years of therapy regarding his mother’s death and his experiences in the army (which he has talked about and credited his brother for making him do as it had helped Wiliam) he could have known he had choices. I mean he saw his cousins and their life choices regularly.
He could have addressed the fact of wanting to do things differently and the research around it WITHOUT dragging his family through the mud again publicly. Why has everything to be about him specifically? He brings nothing to the table apart from sob stories about his mother and his bad bad family (and the press and social media). It’s ok to say I have realised I want a different life. That’s ok. Thing is- he (they) didn’t think the royal life was that bad and toxic when they stepped back. They were very much willing to “collaborate” and go on tours on behalf of the crown (their words not mine). H (they) wanted their son to become a Prince (and we all know by now security has nothing to do with it), to keep the HRH and the military honorary titles he only got because he is a royal. His own military rank definitely give it to him. (I say (they) because I am
not sure how much of it is M. She has other things in her life to talk about.)
The Oprah interview was a slippery slope and they are definitely willing to sell out for money or the ultimate celebrity currency: publicity.
This guy is still struggling to find his way, away from being a Prince. I can appreciate that. Getting married and become a father in under three years (and they didn’t even life together for some time before that), moving to a different country with little to no contact to family and friends, public criticism, an ongoing family argument - that’s a lot. Add the need to reinvent yourself. Find a new job and transform your picture you had of yourself and your future. But running around and crying to everybody about your mean family and the mean press all the time while not acknowledging that you are one of the top 1% is just not looking good. Especially if all you have is being a philanthropist (he is certainly neither a good actor, politician, business man or changing the world in the way Gates or Musk do). He lives in a mansion that’s upkeep is not climate friendly, he probably got his COVID jabs quicker than most, he can hop on a private jet to go to a friends wedding, neither he nor his children have to ever think twice if they need good grades to secure a good paying job, they don’t have to worry about health insurance (a USA point), they don’t have to worry if the children can go to college, if they can pay the rent and so on. He can have years of therapy with a snip of his finger. And while I don’t begrudge him that, running around and crying about your hard lot in life is backfiring. Just as it does when W&K try to be relatable. You are not and we know it.
H&M are sell outs. And everyone knows. We will here more sob stories with digs to his family because it brings them attention and much more than anything else.

Sorry for the long rant

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Harry is a brat but there's no denying he had a traumatic upbringing. The royal family is hugely dysfunctional. That will affect you no matter how much wealth you have.

Reactions: 6
No one denies that. But why is he still going on about it on tv? He can witch as much as he likes to his wife, friends and therapist. But why openly attack his father and grandparents? All while they don’t say anything about him. “I am extremely rich but hey I had it hard too” is not exactly what I find helpful. Especially if he goes on and on about what a victim he is instead of saying- I realised it wasn’t good for me so I got help. That’s what you can do (insert whatever he is promoting). That is what helped me. With emphasis on the how to get better part.

Reactions: 18
I just think Harry is one of those people who will always struggle to be happy, which again takes no account of how much money or status someone has.

He seems to operate on an I would be happy if only … policy.

He would be happy if only he had a wife and family of his own … didn’t live in England… wasn’t constrained by the protocol of being in the Royal Family …

Now he’s acquired most of his if only’s and he’s found, like most people do, that the grass isnt actually greener on the other side and the problems you had are still there so he’s taking his if only’s back through the decades and would be happy now if only his childhood had been different. I’m afraid it doesn’t work like that chicken.

Reactions: 20
No one denies that. But why is he still going on about it on tv? He can witch as much as he likes to his wife, friends and therapist. But why openly attack his father and grandparents? All while they don’t say anything about him. “I am extremely rich but hey I had it hard too” is not exactly what I find helpful. Especially if he goes on and on about what a victim he is instead of saying- I realised it wasn’t good for me so I got help. That’s what you can do (insert whatever he is promoting). That is what helped me. With emphasis on the how to get better part.
Aye that's a fair point. Playing amateur psychologist I would presume there is still residual anger towards Charles and Camilla so it's a polite way of getting a dig in. Knowing your father cheated on your mother , then after she died a tragic death, dad quickly carried on with the side piece and married her, effectively replacing your mother would always stay with you.
Particularly at a formative age.
And he's probably well aware of Dianas affairs but as she's dead that would all be forgiven. Throw in the role of the press and I can see the temptation to stick 2 fingers up to everyone and go my own way dropping a few truth bombs of my own.

Reactions: 6
Lucy Worsley has said Albert kept her pregnant so he could be king in all but name.
I dont believe that. Queen Victoria was too fiesty for that and she loved the sex. She would have loved the pill. Albert and Victoria had a very healthy sex life, but with no protection and the fact she got pregnant easily, well she did end up in confinement a lot. The length of confinement at the time was ridiculous also. From docos and research I have seen, Victoria did have issues with being pregnant and Albert running things but honestly he did such a good job of it, some people would say we were lucky he was in charge. I love Queen Victoria and Prince Albert history. Very interesting couple.

Reactions: 1
doubt it had its pressures and negative aspects. But he seems to have no idea. It's not exactly having to choose between heating or eating, or keeping your kid out of a gang, or getting into debt to keep the roof over your head
I think this hits the nail on the head. Even other members of the aristocracy have at some stage had to get jobs or sell a painting to get the roof fixed on their stately home, but the Royals have none of that. Ever. They have no clue about real issues or problems, no matter how many 10 minute visits they do to food banks, or how many head tilting concerned looks they give. So they have to imagine how hard done by they are. It was clear from the Oprah interview that Harry was shocked at the cost of things like security and that it actually meant that he would have to get off his butt to pay for it because it had never occurred to him. He looked like my husband does on the occasions he does the supermarket shop and realises you cant feed a family of 4 on £30!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
They all should do work experience in Lidl for a month. Might knock some sense into them

Reactions: 7
Why does Harry always publicly point the finger at Charles (and William)?

They were gracious and did not comment on the Oprah interview, and now comes the next kick.

He obviously wants the public to think badly of the BRF. If I were Charles I would be so disappointed in him and distance myself - as he seems to do.

They blamed Thomas Markle for talking to the press about personal issues with Meghan - what Harry does is exactly the same.
It is hypocritical.

Reactions: 23
They all should do work experience in Lidl for a month. Might knock some sense into them
It wouldn’t though, really would it because they would be so protected they wouldn’t really get the full picture, and doing it for a month when paying bills for the month after isn’t an issue is only half the story. Even the so-called ‘normal’ members of the family like Zara aren’t really that normal. They live in a house on her mum’s estate and her job is ‘equestrian’ which isn’t an option normally seen on careers day … and Mike having his wobble about paying school fees in the middle of lockdown wasn’t really terribly well advised.

Reactions: 7
He cannot read the room at all. Has there been any other celebrity who has moaned about their lot more than he has during this pandemic? It's getting to be a monthly open therapy session with Harry, the epitome of white privilege. This constant drip-drip woe is me is a huge turn off to normals like me who spent the best part of last year trying to access mental health services for my mum, who is now beyond help, whilst still managing to work, home-school, look after my home and avoid getting Covid. It's not for people like us though, is it? All the public hand-wringing and flowery pseudo-medical terms? He's preaching to the Hollywood elite who he needs to attract to fund his 'philanthropy'. All this is music to their ears.

Reactions: 16
I dont believe that. Queen Victoria was too fiesty for that and she loved the sex. She would have loved the pill. Albert and Victoria had a very healthy sex life, but with no protection and the fact she got pregnant easily, well she did end up in confinement a lot. The length of confinement at the time was ridiculous also. From docos and research I have seen, Victoria did have issues with being pregnant and Albert running things but honestly he did such a good job of it, some people would say we were lucky he was in charge. I love Queen Victoria and Prince Albert history. Very interesting couple.
Can you recommend any books or documentaries about them? Really interested in learning more.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.