The Royal Family #46

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know about England healthcare stuff, but here everyone has their own card and id imagine it's all locked down in private hospital so that users have to be given permission for each patient to access their data.

Although with people leaving their cards about and easy to look over someone's shoulder for a password there's no guarantee that the login used to access was by that person.

It sounds more like someone tried to access her file, got a denied message, it was logged and an alarm triggered. If they actually got data I think they'd of sold it to tmz for enough to buy a house and it would have been out there quicker than the story of this "hack".

View attachment 2825790
I don't know what system they use, but I suspect it'll have similar parameters to one at my workplace. We have a system where people can have a high profile indicator attached, and as a result only people with an appropriate permission on their account can access their information.
While anyone can look them up and be unable to access anything, there are reports that can be run to see who has attempted to access the information.

Reactions: 10
I'm in nz. I used to work in hr in Healthcare.
So diff systems. But I imagine the same.

But yes everything would be logged.
They can track every file you've looked into.
Every keystroke if they need too.

They'd know who and when someone accessed her file.

I imagine they would be asked to justify why they accessed her file.

It's not ok. Everyone deserves privacy while getting medical care.
Within the nhs yes, we have cards that allow us access to trust computers / records and log in details unique to each person. When you do anything with a patients records there is a trail.
It is complicated though as there are several different systems used in hospitals, they differ to those in GP surgery, so really it could be easily go un noticed.
Different staff have different levels of access to certain things. As a student Nurse I have different access for example to that of a GP, reception and admin staff also so and see things differently.
I have never heard of any wrongdoing with patients notes in my time in the nhs, not to say it doesn't happen though.

In a private hospital I work in, unbelievably they still use all paper notes!

Saying this, in the case of a future queen, I'm really not sure I believe it. Her records will be absolutely water tight. I wouldn't just be the individual in serious trouble, the hospital could be investigated and fined for data breachs

While I’m not saying it doesn’t deserve scrutiny, I thought from the start that the response seemed a bit ott from the picture agencies. But when you consider that The Sun alone paid £200,000 for that video, it does add a new aspect to it. That first photo of her was worth a LOT to whoever took it. And they bypassed that and released one themselves meaning they couldn’t make any money off it. Same with all the kids birthday photos etc. I know there was uproar when Mike Middleton was the one to take the first official photo of George because of it. While it deserves to be discussed etc for sure, you do have to also consider that the photo agencies have an ulterior motive to getting the royals to stop taking their own photos too

Reactions: 19
Are we surprised? Is anyone since the 2000s really believing in pictures? Of course they are edited in minor or major ways. Letting people disappear, putting people in, manipulating skin and body forms…. That tit has been going on ever since photography was invented. I mean, I have left school a long time ago now but we most definitely learned about the manipulation of iconic historic paintings and photographs. My parents generation knows about photoshop as well and what it can do and does. It’s funny though how a lot of those photos fell through the crack but the second one gets detected with massive publicity suddenly they realise more need to be flagged if you actually exercise the agreed standard.
I have no problem rejecting something that doesn’t fit the standard and that this is ridiculing KP is on them. But people acting as if the BRF, of all, needs to be on a higher standard and are usually putting out trustworthy images is delusional. Monarchies have been in this game for centuries. I would argue that non of their official pictures is showing a real image of them nor have they ever.

These articles saying pictures had been edited are a non story for me. Who doesn't expect kids who cant sit still not to be airbrushed in etc but I think it's a bit different air brushing kids into a picture then sending out a edited picture of a royal we haven't seen since she had her Operation!

Reactions: 9
People have much more faith in the ability of Kate or someone in Kensington Palace for photo editing skills than I do.

Just have a try at adding or removing someone from a shot. Or adding an entirely different face. Just try it and then think about the skill involved in getting that to look right. And then tell me that level of skill would result in sleeves blurring into nothing, and bad clone stamping.

I have no trouble believing there has been editing of any shot the royals release, there's likely a fair amount of removal of wrinkles from clothes and faces, or tidying up of imperfections. But the level people are making out must have occurred? Mate.

Reactions: 12
If they’re saying some one accessed Kate’s medical information, Isn’t that logged? I’m not a nurse and I don’t work for the NHS but I thought it left a trail? As in, if you looked at some ones info, the system would show you’d looked it up. Or is it different in private hospitals?
Yes there should be a trail. Even back in the late 80s/early 90s when I worked in medical records the computer system was sophisticated enough to log visits to a person’s page.

Also your own file and your immediate family’s were removed from general access. I imagine royal family files are treated similarly. It just occurred to me that the hospital I worked at had many royal patients, including the Queen when she was alive. It didn’t occur to me to try to look at any of their files.

There was a rumour about a celebrity of the foreign object in arse variety that was confirmed as true by someone in another section to me. That was about as out of order as we ever got.

Reactions: 6
They deserve to lose their job and I hope they never work in a healthcare environment again. Not only for the gross misconduct, but also the sheer stupidity of risking their livelihood for a bit of gossip.

Anyone with access to public records is made well aware of the consequences of seeking out information they are not privy to. They would also have known for sure that high profile clients would have extra levels of security attached to their files.

I have access to DWP/HMRC/Home Office files. You have a little fob which generates a password everytime you access the system. We are on something like an 8% test check setting, so even if you are doing a legitimate search on Joe Bloggs, the screen will turn orange to advise you are being checked. If you don't complete a test check form within 24 hours, giving valid reasons for accessing the file, you are in trouble.

Celebs, notorious criminals and royalty have higher levels of security and will be on a 100% test check setting, so every single attempt to look at them would trigger a check. I have known colleagues to be dismissed just for checking up on their friends DWP records.
---
Yes there should be a trail. Even back in the late 80s/early 90s when I worked in medical records the computer system was sophisticated enough to log visits to a person’s page.

Also your own file and your immediate family’s were removed from general access. I imagine royal family files are treated similarly. It just occurred to me that the hospital I worked at had many royal patients, including the Queen when she was alive. It didn’t occur to me to try to look at any of their files.

There was a rumour about a celebrity of the foreign object in arse variety that was confirmed as true by someone in another section to me. That was about as out of order as we ever got.
Vicky Beckham?! 🍾

Reactions: 13
People have much more faith in the ability of Kate or someone in Kensington Palace for photo editing skills than I do.

Just have a try at adding or removing someone from a shot. Or adding an entirely different face. Just try it and then think about the skill involved in getting that to look right. And then tell me that level of skill would result in sleeves blurring into nothing, and bad clone stamping.

I have no trouble believing there has been editing of any shot the royals release, there's likely a fair amount of removal of wrinkles from clothes and faces, or tidying up of imperfections. But the level people are making out must have occurred? Mate.
It depends on the software being used to be fair. Good luck with Windows 95 Paint but if you have the money to buy the latest photoshopping software, amazing what you can do without much difficulty.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
OMG, yes! Both I and Mr Puf’n’Stuf’ were taken as kids to Ballinspittle by our respective families back in the day.😂 My aunt’s husband claimed he saw it move. I was 12 at the time and thought he was nuts. I’ve passed that grotto a few times since, all quiet now but mad to think of the mania at the time.
That's gas! My parents were born skeptics so we weren't brought, but I think most were just going there for the craic because there wasn't much else to entertain us then.

I think maybe the reason this irrational Kate obsession has taken hold is that the British public are uneasy, even anxious, with the new monarch. It's a big change to adjust to, and in the age of mass communications and celebrity culture people's anxieties can be expressed in rumours that spread like wildfire.

Reactions: 4
Is their currently any major crisis in UK? Because they are surely divulging it by forwarding their pawn - The Princess of Wales. I just find very similarity in this and Bush using Britney Spears

• Haha
I think it's bonkers that the news agencies are choosing this hill to die on. The amount of airbrushed and filtered photos that are shared on a daily basis. The RF aren't the first ones to do it, they won't be the last. Kardashians anyone?

I think it's bonkers that the news agencies are choosing this hill to die on. The amount of airbrushed and filtered photos that are shared on a daily basis. The RF aren't the first ones to do it, they won't be the last. Kardashians anyone?
Yes, but the Kardashian’s don‘t release theirs to the news agencies as a news story. Stick a photo on your own account or flog it to the tabloids … fine. Release it to a news agency with policies of not using altered pictures … not so fine.

Reactions: 17
I didn't realise the Kardashians released their pics to AP, etc?

Reactions: 4
I'm not convinced the news agencies are going to get the outcome they want from all this. There's no way Will and Kate will start letting one of the press agency photographers in to start snapping the kids because then they can monetise the image etc. If anything, I think they'll just start using a bank of photos from a shoot with an independent, professional photographer like they've done in the past. I do think Kate's days as the unofficial royal photographer are over though.

Reactions: 12
I'm not convinced the news agencies are going to get the outcome they want from all this. There's no way Will and Kate will start letting one of the press agency photographers in to start snapping the kids because then they can monetise the image etc. If anything, I think they'll just start using a bank of photos from a shoot with an independent, professional photographer like they've done in the past. I do think Kate's days as the unofficial royal photographer are over though.
Personally I don’t think the news agencies wanted anything from it other than to maintain their integrity of not using edited photos. If that is their T&C’s it doesn’t matter who you are. Let whoever you want take the picture just don’t edit it outside their guidelines.

Reactions: 9
Personally I don’t think the news agencies wanted anything from it other than to maintain their integrity of not using edited photos. If that is their T&C’s it doesn’t matter who you are. Let whoever you want take the picture just don’t edit it outside their guidelines.
Yeah absolutely, I think they wanted both to be honest. They absolutely have to maintain the standards but similarly, they all want the access to the royals and I imagine have been waiting for an excuse to try and force their hand.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.