Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Geetbo

VIP Member
The fact I would willingly let young Prince Edward ice me like a cake is quite distressing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79

Brightstar72

VIP Member
a bit of a daft bint.
Who helped change the way patients with HIV and AIDS were treated, openly holding their hands when they were treated like lepers. She also brought land mines and homelessness into the public forefront when it wasn’t a fashionable political view. Like her or not, she wasn’t afraid to stick her head above the parapet and bring about a positive sea change

I wish more of us could say we made a long lasting change in society for the better

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72

moldwarp

VIP Member
The crown as we knew it undeniably died with Elizabeth II. That was always going to happen. The world changed so much during her reign.

Times are changing but there's very much still a place for soft power. In the grand scheme of public money the royals is pretty small and do provide lots of benefits.

I think with a bit of careful long term planning they could become more popular, using the crown estate assets to generate more income and be seen as a net benefit.
"In the grand scheme of public money the royals is pretty small"

Damn right. They cost us 97p per head per annum apparently. When I compare that to my family's Netflix and Disney + subscriptions, or the cost of a trip to the cinema, the amount of drama, scandal and gossip I get for my 97p per year is absolutely brilliant value. I'd happily chuck a few more quid in tbh. Do the royals have a premier membership tier?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

triesherbest

Chatty Member
anyone else think this is all for nothing, the general public is just bored, and kate is going to appear after easter looking completely normal and happy with William again? there's no proof of anything, just noise. it's gonna be so anticlimactic lmao

Reactions: 64

hehehe

VIP Member
Gotta love that someone who:
  • was pictured prancing about in a Nazi uniform
  • hurled disgusting racist slurs at his Asian-heritage colleagues
  • repeatedly got away with flouting army rules on drug-testing and extracurricular activity
  • said of his Zimbabwean gf: "She's not black or anything!"
  • made fun of a Black comic for not sounding "like a black chap"
  • endangered the lives of soldiers because he wanted to be billy big balls playing his playstation in Afghanistan
  • heads a foundation where workers have been raping and torturing locals for years and said nothing about it
  • abuses animals
  • habitual drug user
  • is a greedy lying piece of shit
  • hypocrite on climate issues
  • emotionally abuses his father
  • made his girlfriends pay for everything despite being rich
  • stabbed his sister-in-law in the back
  • abused his elderly grandparents to their deaths
somehow has fooled even one person on the planet to think he is the "kind" one in his family whom he then accuses of racism and manipulation.

Sums up the bizarro world we're living in today.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

elliebee27

VIP Member
Diana was so caring and kind she stalked the wives of the men she slept with and harassed them, spread horrific rumors about other women, fired every nanny out of jealousy, and used her elder child as an emotional crutch which is frankly child abuse...

Harry is so caring and kind he threw his family under the bus, shared intimate secrets about their bodies, and lied on American television through his teeth whilst his supposed beloved grandfather was dying...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 57

Lammington

VIP Member
It's worth remembering that almost no humans are all good or all bad. It's not hard to imagine that Diana was both naive and unready for marriage to the future king and a person who had manipulative and vindictive tendencies.
She's both the woman who was good to AIDS patients & raised awareness around land mines and the woman who parentified her eldest son while seemingly using "deserving" the throne more to make her youngest feel special.

She was human, not the deified saint she's often portrayed as, not some evil villainess. She likely contributed to mental health issues for both her sons while also giving them a sense of love and warmth they've both spoken off.

People are complicated, and they can kind of suck even while doing good things, or being victims of other events themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Ha this is the theory my colleague is going with. Strange a few weeks ago I’d of said don’t be ridiculous but now there’s a part of me thinking she might be right 😂.
I actually think it's disgusting his name and death has been dragged into this. It genuinely upsets me. A woman and a mother and father have just lost their husband/son to suicide and people are out there making a joke of it.

I really hope they haven't read any of this shit but it will have been hard to avoid.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53

Andouilette

Couldn’t quote on a post from last thread so I’m putting it here! I’m old enough to have lived through the Diana years and a lot of us felt heart sorry for her. She was obviously picked as a brood mare for Charles to produce an heir, her problem was she thought they were marrying for love, not realising Camilla was still involved. Once the two boys were born, I think Charles more or less closed the door and went back to Camilla leaving Di broken hearted. Diana was a lot younger than Charles and I think properly went off the rails at that point, I’m sure there were reports of self harming and throwing herself downstairs etc. When she died there really was an outpouring of grief not only in the U.K. but around the world. Diana was the same age as me so it was shocking to think of someone so young dying the way she did. Diana was hugely more popular than any of the rest of the royals and after her death the Queen was criticised for staying away from London, later saying she was ‘protecting the boys’. Days later these two young lads had to walk behind their mum’s coffin, it was awful to watch. I’ve personally no time for Camilla and not much time for Charles either. Both Harry and William must carry the scars of losing their mother and knowing their father was involved with another woman. Going through everything they did growing up, I don’t think being married to either William or Harry can be very easy.
And some of us didn't feel 'heart sorry' for her, in my case because I had an excellent source of information from within the Spencer family through my mother who was good friends with a close Spencer relative. There's no point me going into huge detail because I can't prove it, the source is dead, as is my mother. Suffice to say that Diana went into it with both eyes wide open, she knew what she wanted and she got it. There was huge unease in parts of the greater Spencer family as they did not feel she was stable enough for the 'job'.

Reactions: 53

noseyparker80

If the bowel op and stoma thing is true why not just say that? There’s bowel and stoma charities that she could get involved with and it could help others.
Are you being serious? The psychological impact for this is huge. It’s something you have to come to terms with before literally sharing with the world. (If that’s what she decides to do). It’ll have a massive effect on her, both physically and mentally. It’s a lot to adapt to and wrap your head around.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Honeystar

VIP Member
My thought from the very beginning has been bowel surgery and the reason they didn’t come out and say it was because it was unexpected and she had a huge learning curve/adjustment to make and she just wasn’t ready for the world to know. I mean let’s be honest, the Daily Mail would absolutely have been running stories with a diagram of her colon for god sake. If she does or did have a bag the gutter press would be out there zooming in on her clothes to try and see it. My dad had a temporary bag a few years ago and that was a planned thing months in advance and it still took a lot to get his head around, let alone being one of the most photographed women in the world whose appearance is scrutinised etc

• Heart
Reactions: 48

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I lifted this from the last thread because I thought @Great_Kate made a good point.

"HMTQ had her fair share of criticism, calls for abolishing the monarchy, speculation about her own marriage and the fall out from C&D drama. Her "service“ was not so much in what she did but rather that she endured for so many decades."

People just think of the late Queen as a genteel grandmother figure now. That is how she is remembered in this age of social media and 24/7 news. However people forget that her and Philip had their fair share of rumours and issues. He was unfaithful and partying. Their marriage went through some rocky moments and long periods apart.. She has been rumoured to have had an affair with Lord Porchester. Various scandals with Margaret. Her refusal to go to Aberfan etc etc

TRF have always been a source of gossip and speculation. Even one of Queen Victoria's grandsons was suspected of being Jack The Ripper.

• Heart

hehehe

VIP Member
I saw the footage of the ceremony and thought there must be something serious going on for him to be like that..
Something serious? Like his father being terminally ill, his wife being bullied and hounded while being very ill, his children being stressed and worried, his brother being a worthless scumbag, and still having to show up for others and smile?

• Heart

Strawberry Tart

Who helped change the way patients with HIV and AIDS were treated, openly holding their hands when they were treated like lepers. She also brought land mines and homelessness into the public forefront when it wasn’t a fashionable political view. Like her or not, she wasn’t afraid to stick her head above the parapet and bring about a positive sea change

I wish more of us could say we made a long lasting change in society for the better
👏 👏 Brilliant comment. There are some on here seem to have a VERY selective memory.

• Heart
  • Sick

Brightstar72

VIP Member
So were the men in these relationships absolved of any responsibility to their respective partners, or was it completely the fault of Diana? Poor, poor pathetic weak men

No “other woman” can end a marriage, relationship or engagement without the man’s full cooperation and consent.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

50sGirl

VIP Member
Ffs just let the woman recuperate. Is it that difficult?
We were told she’d be off recovering until after Easter so nothing has changed.
It’s ridiculous.

Reactions: 47

Strawberry Tart

Couldn’t quote on a post from last thread so I’m putting it here! I’m old enough to have lived through the Diana years and a lot of us felt heart sorry for her. She was obviously picked as a brood mare for Charles to produce an heir, her problem was she thought they were marrying for love, not realising Camilla was still involved. Once the two boys were born, I think Charles more or less closed the door and went back to Camilla leaving Di broken hearted. Diana was a lot younger than Charles and I think properly went off the rails at that point, I’m sure there were reports of self harming and throwing herself downstairs etc. When she died there really was an outpouring of grief not only in the U.K. but around the world. Diana was the same age as me so it was shocking to think of someone so young dying the way she did. Diana was hugely more popular than any of the rest of the royals and after her death the Queen was criticised for staying away from London, later saying she was ‘protecting the boys’. Days later these two young lads had to walk behind their mum’s coffin, it was awful to watch. I’ve personally no time for Camilla and not much time for Charles either. Both Harry and William must carry the scars of losing their mother and knowing their father was involved with another woman. Going through everything they did growing up, I don’t think being married to either William or Harry can be very easy.

• Heart
Reactions: 44