The Royal Family #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But there is nothing to spin. Catherine has had abdominal surgery and is recuperating. It's the nutters on the internet and social media that are putting all the wild stuff out there. I wouldn't expect KP to acknowledge or respond to any of it.
I do not agree completely. After that staged photo of Carole and Catherine in the car, my opinion is that RF is trying to control the situation. It is natural that people are interested in Catherine’s health since she is one of the most loved Royals.Usually they are several photos of celebrities, now is only a blurry one.
I was a huge fan of William and Catherine. But as a working mother of three I think at their age they should deliver more, There are not in 20s anymore.

Reactions: 19
Isn't Beatrice’s London residence in St James’s Palace, which is next to/connected to Clarence House? she was probably just going home.
Yes, that’s right. She was pictured driving and yes was going home probably.,
---
I do not agree completely. After that staged photo of Carole and Catherine in the car, my opinion is that RF is trying to control the situation. It is natural that people are interested in Catherine’s health since she is one of the most loved Royals.Usually they are several photos of celebrities, now is only a blurry one.
I was a huge fan of William and Catherine. But as a working mother of three I think at their age they should deliver more, There are not in 20s anymore.
I thought it was pippa, actually on first glance.. Even when brought up on GB news (shudder)while discussing on of the presenters mentioned that they thought it was Pippa and how do we know it’s Kate. Has it been confirmed? Other people I know even said the same thing. So to some extent there is still a ?.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
If it was staged they would have agreed to a better picture. And they also would have been in the british papers and tv and they were not.

Reactions: 17
Non-keyhole abdominal surgery usually has that kind of recovery period though. The only abdominal surgery I've had is a Caesarean section, where the approved recovery is generally 6 - 8 weeks, often recommended not to drive for 6 weeks, etc. Abdo surgery involves cutting through skin, fat, multiple layers of muscle, before you even get to the relevant parts. All of these layers need time to heal. Not to mention the risk of wound infection, stitches busting, etc. There's a reason it's called major surgery. Sure, you can walk around after a day or two, but it's a long road to full recovery.
And even after 6 weeks you're still not 100%. I just don't understand how people cannot grasp that recovery is a long and slow process. Even everyday stuff like a caesarean or a hysterectomy will have long recovery periods. The other thing that no one factors in is if was me and I pop out to Tesco looking bit rough no one cares. Catherine will not reappear in public until she can be produced as The Princess of Wales in all her glory. She will not be seen wincing getting out of a car.

Reactions: 40
If it was staged they would have agreed to a better picture. And they also would have been in the british papers and tv and they were not.
Because if it was usual Backgrid, people would say ithey called the paps. The photo was needed due to all conspiracy theories online. But I will not argue. As I said, William and Catherine should work more.

Reactions: 5
Because if it was usual Backgrid, people would say ithey called the paps. The photo was needed due to all conspiracy theories online. But I will not argue. As I said, William and Catherine should work more.
Don't you understand what Backgrid is. It's not a photographer it's an Agency. Everyone can sell a picture to Backgrid. And again if it was staged they would have done a better job. And they also would have allowed British papers and tv to use it.

Reactions: 15
Of course all of this equally applies to Harry and Meghan and their fanbase … right?
Yes. And while I like both couples, i’m not keen on William but then, I don’t hate him… I just don’t think he’s as nice as the media make him
out to be! I do think they push a narrative and share far more positive stories about him than Harry, purely because he’s the future King. It’s not personal to Harry. It’s just Williams status in life. I don’t get why some on the threads act like Kate and Wills are Prince Charming and Cinderella. I mean how many on here wouldn’t be surprised if they announced a divorce in a few years. I wouldn’t be! It must be so bloody hard to keep that “perfect couple” act up!
---
I’ve also had abdominal surgery on two occasions and I was up and about within 6 weeks. I was back at work 10 weeks after a c-section. I wasn’t privately cared for. Yes, we all recover at different stages but if it was planned surgery, as they’re saying, she would be ok by now. So something was seriously wrong, went seriously wrong during it or they’re lying. I think there are some people getting awfully uptight about others disbelieving them. They don’t have the best track record when it comes to truth telling. It’s only natural people are curious and cynical. It’s not a crime to question it. Especially on here.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes. And while I like both couples, i’m not keen on William but then, I don’t hate him… I just don’t think he’s as nice as the media make him
out to be! I do think they push a narrative and share far more positive stories about him than Harry, purely because he’s the future King. It’s not personal to Harry. It’s just Williams status in life. I don’t get why some on the threads act like Kate and Wills are Prince Charming and Cinderella. I mean how many on here wouldn’t be surprised if they announced a divorce in a few years. I wouldn’t be! It must be so bloody hard to keep that “perfect couple” act up!
---
I’ve also had abdominal surgery on two occasions and I was up and about within 6 weeks. I was back at work 10 weeks after a c-section. I wasn’t privately cared for. Yes, we all recover at different stages but if it was planned surgery, as they’re saying, she would be ok by now. So something was seriously wrong, went seriously wrong during it or they’re lying. I think there are some people getting awfully uptight about others disbelieving them. They don’t have the best track record when it comes to truth telling. It’s only natural people are curious and cynical. It’s not a crime to question it. Especially on here.
I mean, she IS up and about - she wouldn’t have been in the car for starters. I imagine she has been pottering around the house for weeks now. There’s a huge difference between being recovered enough to be pottering around, doing the school run etc and being ready to be on public display, walking around, meeting people, under intense spotlight. It’s only been 8 weeks since her major abdominal surgery, so by your comparison she still has another 2 until she should be back at work anyway? And if she does return just after Easter it would have only been 12 weeks altogether

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I was in London at the time of Diana's death and a lot of people lost their sanity, there was a memorial book placed in work and the comments in there were ludicrous, I used to read it for a laugh. People wrote comments as if she was their friend that they knew well. The grief for the Queen was different, even I felt it as she had been around all my life, she was crowned before I was born so she was a kind of link continuously with family members who had passed on. Diana' s death caused hysteria and 1 year on only a few floral tributes were laid for her, so it wasn't even genuine.
Sometimes I wish I was older than 2 when Diana died so I could have experienced this, the way people talk about it just sounds hilarious. Memorial books being placed in workplaces😂 I wish phone cameras had been a thing so I could see some of the messages
---
---
Back at work 10 weeks after a c-section? 😲😲😲

Reactions: 5
Sometimes I wish I was older than 2 when Diana died so I could have experienced this, the way people talk about it just sounds hilarious. Memorial books being placed in workplaces😂 I wish phone cameras had been a thing so I could see some of the messages
I wonder if anyone looks back at how they acted and what they wrote and has a silent cringe to themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
---

Back at work 10 weeks after a c-section? 😲😲😲
Yes, all be it light office work! I went in as they were short staffed. I hate doing nothing. Drives me insane. I never breast fed so it wasn’t a huge disruption to the baby routine! And it was only a few hours for a few weeks! When I had my section I was in for the standard 4 days. My niece was out the following day. We as a society have adapted to operations. We don’t need so much time to recover. My friend had a hysterectomy last year, out the following day. Yet my mom was in for 12 days with hers, that was around ten years ago! I think women are incredibly resilient, the majority of us will just get on with it especially if it’s not our first child! In fact we are encouraged to get up and about and not sit around! That leads to the possibility of clots! If it were a man going through it, well 😂

Reactions: 13
---
It’s entirely possible that neither William or Harry are as nice as the media have made them out to be. Harry had his fair share positive of media spin and image rehabilitation over the years, something that both he and his adoring fans completely overlook. I would be more surprised if William and Kate divorced than if Harry and Meghan did.

Reactions: 16
Yes. I agree. But where has Harry has his fair share of the headlines you’re more likely to see them praise the future King. It’s all about protecting the monarchy.

Reactions: 7
OT but I burned my hand while cooking a few days ago, so I have been using the reliable old Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream to help it heal. And every time I apply it I think damn you, royal frostbitten "todger", for that Oedipal oversharing.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Yes. I agree. But where has Harry has his fair share of the headlines you’re more likely to see them praise the future King. It’s all about protecting the monarchy.
Now, yes but Harry was the media’s golden boy for quite some time

Reactions: 11
My close friend died and we were in the procession following behind the hearse. It was at walking pace as the undertaker lead the way on foot. When I noticed people who stopped and bowed their heads as we passed I was touched. It was a very respectful and kind of these strangers to do it.

Royal stans need their heads examined.
During COVID, hearses in my area of Scotland would tour the village or area for everyone to come out and pay their respects as they couldn't join the family at church or crematorium.

More cheeringly, the primary school leavers walked the village with people leaving treats outside and congratulatory posters in their windows.
---
I have a theory - and you can of course shoot it down in flames because I am not British! I think when Henry VIII changed the state religion, he simply stepped into the role of Pope. Other countries where the Protestant faith took hold were reacting against the massive wealth of the Catholic Church, much of it milked from ordinary superstitious people who were obsessed with saints and relics in a way that was more pagan than Christian. So while the European Protestant churches went on a very austere and puritan course, Henry VIII took all the bling and pomp and ceremony for himself. The monarch became the head of the state religion, and while attendance at church declined and the everyday life of Britain is secular, the monarchy kept up all the holiness and devotion - I noticed this in particular while watching the State Opening of Parliament. That's so like Mass!

The lying in state of QE2 really reminded me of a medieval pilgrimage for a saint. I dont mean this as a slight in any way - I was very impressed by it!

So that's where I think the adoration comes from - the need to adore and venerate.
You can see that in the consecration during the coronation whereas with other European monarchs, including Catholic Spain, it's very much a civil matter. The Norwegians have a church blessing but that's very unlike the priestly consecration of the UK monarch.
---
Yes, all be it light office work! I went in as they were short staffed. I hate doing nothing. Drives me insane. I never breast fed so it wasn’t a huge disruption to the baby routine! And it was only a few hours for a few weeks! When I had my section I was in for the standard 4 days. My niece was out the following day. We as a society have adapted to operations. We don’t need so much time to recover. My friend had a hysterectomy last year, out the following day. Yet my mom was in for 12 days with hers, that was around ten years ago! I think women are incredibly resilient, the majority of us will just get on with it especially if it’s not our first child! In fact we are encouraged to get up and about and not sit around! That leads to the possibility of clots! If it were a man going through it, well 😂
A lot is due to the NHS shortage of beds. It also depends on the type of surgery and how extensive. I was in for a week after a hemicolectomy, would happily have stayed longer, and still have problems with my large scar where they took the tissue out. I had to have Occupational Therapy teach me how to get out of bed before I was released. I'm also a different shape thanks to the cutting through the muscle. Kate may well be adjusting to a different shape too and the different wardrobe required - I couldn't wear anything touching my waist for many months and still prefer not to. She may also be adapting to a stoma.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
A c section is major surgery I don’t think women have adapted to cope better at all, it’s just that, sadly, there’s no choice to stay in hospital for a week any more

Bloody outrageous and misogynistic if you compare male procedures and the respective hospital stays. Makes me rage

Reactions: 39
I do find all the claims that the PR people are doing a bad job, there's so much secrecy, there must be more to it, etc. a bit odd.
I mean, the PR options appear to be: 1) release that medical treatment has occurred but is private, that there will be no updates unless there is change, and that there will be no engagements while recovering, i.e. what was done. 2) release private medical information so people can feel justified in their assumptions they have a right to the private information of a complete stranger. 3) Respond to every theory because people prefer wild speculation to banal life.

I think people interpreted the first statement as the surgery being minor, despite it not saying this. Then when the recovery timeframe implied a more significant surgery than they had assumed, they instead of thinking "ah, I must have got that wrong" assumed again that either the first statement was misleading or that something is being hidden.

Significant surgery requires significant recovery. Significant recovery when you are someone whose pictures are scrutinised and judged by the public right down to a wrinkle in your dress or a varicose vein is going to be done well away from prying eyes. I just don't think it's as exciting or scandalous as people want it to be.

I'd also note that others being back at work/doing things sooner after significant surgeries isn't a sign that those with privilege shouldn't be allowed to recover, it's a sign that the rest of us should be allowed but are not due to societal and financial pressure. We don't recover faster, we just have no option but to get back to it before we've fully recovered.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I do find all the claims that the PR people are doing a bad job, there's so much secrecy, there must be more to it, etc. a bit odd.
I mean, the PR options appear to be: 1) release that medical treatment has occurred but is private, that there will be no updates unless there is change, and that there will be no engagements while recovering, i.e. what was done. 2) release private medical information so people can feel justified in their assumptions they have a right to the private information of a complete stranger. 3) Respond to every theory because people prefer wild speculation to banal life.

I think people interpreted the first statement as the surgery being minor, despite it not saying this. Then when the recovery timeframe implied a more significant surgery than they had assumed, they instead of thinking "ah, I must have got that wrong" assumed again that either the first statement was misleading or that something is being hidden.

Significant surgery requires significant recovery. Significant recovery when you are someone whose pictures are scrutinised and judged by the public right down to a wrinkle in your dress or a varicose vein is going to be done well away from prying eyes. I just don't think it's as exciting or scandalous as people want it to be.
Yes, the surgery was never described as ‘minor’. Just ‘planned’. So people are saying ‘I think it’s more serious than they said’, but actually the severity of the condition/surgery didn’t form any part of the announcement.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.