The Royal Family #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a big issue I think, in that while I don’t think the KP team is up to scratch, what can they do if William and/or Kate is being stubborn (not just now but any time). They’ve clearly had very strict orders on what they can and can’t say and they’re hardly going to start releasing stuff without sign off. For all we know their comms team may have suggested all sorts to them but it’s all been vetoed. I can imagine trying to do the PR and comms for a public figure who hates the media and would rather live out in the sticks with no scrutiny is a nightmare (and I say this as someone who works in PR and always quite liked the idea of doing royal comms…no thank you!)

Reactions: 13
I’d be surprised if their PR team have much say, I think William protects his family and won’t be releasing anything else about Kate’s health. Irrespective of how it looks
But there isn't anything to say!! Last time I had major surgery I needed a 6-8 week recovery time. For the first few weeks I just sat around on the sofa, then I started occasionally going to see relatives. I couldn't drive (Catherine won't be driving for at least 6 weeks) so only went out if someone took me ... it's all pretty boring stuff.

Reactions: 25
I’d be surprised if their PR team have much say, I think William protects his family and won’t be releasing anything else about Kate’s health. Irrespective of how it looks
Definitely. I know the Crown and Diana and Harry all portray the men in suits being in charge but I think William chose a different path. I also saw an interview he did saying about how it’s a fine line with the press and he’ll give so much but has boundaries. Things changed a lot after Diana died and people felt sorry for William and Harry so reporting restrictions were brought in. Like when he started St Andrews Uni. They agreed to do photo call for William on the understanding they would leave him alone at uni. Same with the release of photos of their kids. It’s all carefully controlled and that’s why we only saw the one photo of him visiting Kate in hospital.

Reactions: 8
I agree. The crowds at Diana’s funeral were ridiculous but I also thought the same for The Queen. I genuinely don’t understand the adoration. People are repeating it now with William and Kate. Madness!
Not just William and Kate but other members of the royal family too. Fans here and abroad fawning over these less than average human beings for doing the bare minimum.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@LizSmithqwerty you’re not alone. I don’t think all is well either. The last few years has taught us all how much those in charge deceive us. I’m not buying any of KP statements, it’s bullshit!
---
Carole Malone on Jeremy Vile claiming Charles doesn’t have cancer, she knows what it is, but she can’t say. Staffers in the palace all sign NDA but they’ll still let little bits slip out to journalists for a few quid. Palaces sources are palace leaks. Staff gossip about their bosses in every workplace. So yes, I think gossip reaches people like Carole Malone, it probably gets bits added on but she is a dinosaur who has been in those circles for years. What ever it is she knows, she has said something that will now cause even more damage to the many out of control rumours about that family.
Bib - so maybe it’s Charles that’s had the BBL and not Kate

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I know this is a week old, but it just popped up on my Facebook now. I honestly can’t believe some of the actual horse tit I am reading. And the comments!! We share the planet with these people 🤯

IMG_7477.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I’m lost for words 😂 Bonkers!
I might add my own comment, to say I did see him in Waitrose, staggering and swigging from a bottle of Waitrose own brand cider and that his eyes were glinting with tears and that he was clutching a co-op funeral brochure 🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I cringe to this day when I remember how the baying mob demanded that the boys be paraded in front of them.
Bloody rubberneckers - it was embarrassing 😡
---

I’m sure I didn’t suggest they should think people would behave that way; there’s no accounting for that level of crazy, obviously.
But given how people have reacted in the past, any savvy PR person would be expected to know how to word things to avoid too much speculation - affairs, breakdowns and such like.
Still, if you’ve a laugh out of it, that’s fine :)
I always wonder how many of the people crying to the skies ‘we’ll look after them for you, Diana’ are the ones huffy with Harry and wanting answers about Kate.

I might add my own comment, to say I did see him in Waitrose, staggering and swigging from a bottle of Waitrose own brand cider and that his eyes were glinting with tears and that he was clutching a co-op funeral brochure 🙄🙄
Don’t be so bloody ridiculous… it was in Fortnums! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This is a big issue I think, in that while I don’t think the KP team is up to scratch, what can they do if William and/or Kate is being stubborn (not just now but any time). They’ve clearly had very strict orders on what they can and can’t say and they’re hardly going to start releasing stuff without sign off. For all we know their comms team may have suggested all sorts to them but it’s all been vetoed. I can imagine trying to do the PR and comms for a public figure who hates the media and would rather live out in the sticks with no scrutiny is a nightmare (and I say this as someone who works in PR and always quite liked the idea of doing royal comms…no thank you!)
There must be a way to make it read like it hasn’t been written by a 13 year old in a strop, though. I swear that one of them you could literally hear the feet pounding upstairs and the bedroom door slamming.

Reactions: 12
There must be a way to make it read like it hasn’t been written by a 13 year old in a strop, though. I swear that one of them you could literally hear the feet pounding upstairs and the bedroom door slamming.
I think William is behind this petulant stuff. No self-respecting PR professional would ever let things play out like this

Reactions: 15
I know this is a week old, but it just popped up on my Facebook now. I honestly can’t believe some of the actual horse tit I am reading. And the comments!! We share the planet with these people 🤯

View attachment 2801052
TBF she did say it was a theory put forward.. Me I did hear that she was in hospital during Xmas and the new year.. Coma thing was from the Spanish Press..
As for the rest, it’s barking mad!! Didnt hear about Beatrice being there. William is well able to handle things..

Reactions: 3
TBF she did say it was a theory put forward.. Me I did hear that she was in hospital during Xmas and the new year.. Coma thing was from the Spanish Press..
As for the rest, it’s barking mad!! Didnt hear about Beatrice being there. William is well able to handle things..
Isn't Beatrice’s London residence in St James’s Palace, which is next to/connected to Clarence House? she was probably just going home.

I find it quite surprising that some people do believe it’s just abdominal surgery with 6-8 weeks off. I’m not having a go at the belief of that, some people don’t care or don’t think it’s anything out of the ordinary but after all the bullshit that family has put out there over the years, I’m sorry, I think there’s more to it! People shouldn’t be afraid to say that or say they disbelieve the PR statements. And all this fawning over Wills being the perfect caring husband and father who puts his families privacy first. We don’t know that. We don’t know what really goes on and I’ve seen more than one video of him looking at Kate like she’s the anti christ! People have to stop idolising these men and women. They’re not perfect. They are just surrounded by staff wanting them to appear that way.
What ever an any of us think, us mere little povs will never know the real reason behind any of it, anyway!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I find it quite surprising that some people do believe it’s just abdominal surgery with 6-8 weeks off. I’m not having a go at the belief of that, some people don’t care or don’t think it’s anything out of the ordinary but after all the bullshit that family has put out there over the years, I’m sorry, I think there’s more to it! People shouldn’t be afraid to say that or say they disbelieve the PR statements. And all this fawning over Wills being the perfect caring husband and father who puts his families privacy first. We don’t know that. We don’t know what really goes on and I’ve seen more than one video of him looking at Kate like she’s the anti christ! People have to stop idolising these men and women. They’re not perfect. They are just surrounded by staff wanting them to appear that way.
What ever an any of us think, us mere little povs will never know the real reason behind any of it, anyway!
Of course all of this equally applies to Harry and Meghan and their fanbase … right?

Reactions: 5
Non-keyhole abdominal surgery usually has that kind of recovery period though. The only abdominal surgery I've had is a Caesarean section, where the approved recovery is generally 6 - 8 weeks, often recommended not to drive for 6 weeks, etc. Abdo surgery involves cutting through skin, fat, multiple layers of muscle, before you even get to the relevant parts. All of these layers need time to heal. Not to mention the risk of wound infection, stitches busting, etc. There's a reason it's called major surgery. Sure, you can walk around after a day or two, but it's a long road to full recovery.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.