The Royal Family #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, the surgery was never described as ‘minor’. Just ‘planned’. So people are saying ‘I think it’s more serious than they said’, but actually the severity of the condition/surgery didn’t form any part of the announcement.
I think people were blinded by the word ‘planned’. Planned really just means that it wasn’t something that was an absolute complete emergency, most likely coming through A&E. Don‘t eat anything after midnight, you’re in surgery tomorrow is also planned, not just a letter with a date 4 weeks’ hence.

Reactions: 22
Here's a new conspiracy ... Meghan is planning a relaunch in the UK just as a Judge in the US wants to see Harry's immigration file.

Coincidence? 🤔🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Here's a new conspiracy ... Meghan is planning a relaunch in the UK just as a Judge in the US wants to see Harry's immigration file.

Coincidence? 🤔🤔
At this point I think Putin would win a popularity poll against old Smeg. I can’t stand the narcissistic witch and I can’t wait for her comeuppance.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
I wonder if Kate will do a ‘were you silent or were you silenced’ interview with Oprah to discuss all these theories 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think people were blinded by the word ‘planned’. Planned really just means that it wasn’t something that was an absolute complete emergency, most likely coming through A&E. Don‘t eat anything after midnight, you’re in surgery tomorrow is also planned, not just a letter with a date 4 weeks’ hence.
Exactly this. I can tell how few people have experienced major health issues and surgeries by the comments I am seeing online.

My husband has had numerous major abdominal surgeries (he has Crohn's) and average recovery is easily 8-12 week period. His last but one surgery had three wound sites and it took 9 weeks for one of his wounds to close over.

Also, I've already done my speculation about it being the likes of Crohn's due to her weight loss and if it is that the types of surgery she may have had - but if it is, the likelihood is she's also on immunosuppressive meds which slow healing from wounds too.

A whole myriad of things that fit within the initial statement if people just understood the severity of some operations and conditions.

It could also be that it was surgery not linked to a long term condition like IBD but a hysterectomy and people are right about the recovery for that being serious but maybe not Christmas - Easter timescale but she maybe tagged an extra month on to take pressure off and allow her to be back to 100% not 75/80% level like you or I might aim for before getting back to normal life!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
What’s the consensus on the rumours that Jack cheated on Eugenie?
I think a lot of people like Eugenie (because she didn’t hop on a plane and visit Harry) so I’d say it’s probably thought of as untrue. I actually didn’t know he was supposed to have cheated so god knows if it is true.

Reactions: 1

A huge amount of control over the British press.
I love the idea that someone wanting to have some privacy is them having control of the press. If a celebrity had surgery and the press found out and leaked all the details people would say it’s wrong and it’d have legal ramifications.

The same people that say how bad the press treatment of Diana was and praising Harry for winning his phone hacking case are the same people wanting a play by play update of Kate’s recovery.

American press being allowed to print what ever they want isn’t a good thing, it means they’re nosey bastards with no consequences for their actions.
---
I think a lot of people like Eugenie (because she didn’t hop on a plane and visit Harry) so I’d say it’s probably thought of as untrue. I actually didn’t know he was supposed to have cheated so god knows if it is true.
I thought a lot of people didn’t like her? She gives me same vibes as her dad, thinks she’s better than her position and has a problem with hierarchy above her but no problem with it below her. Her sister seems the nicer of the two.

Reactions: 22
Exactly this. I can tell how few people have experienced major health issues and surgeries by the comments I am seeing online.

My husband has had numerous major abdominal surgeries (he has Crohn's) and average recovery is easily 8-12 week period. His last but one surgery had three wound sites and it took 9 weeks for one of his wounds to close over.

Also, I've already done my speculation about it being the likes of Crohn's due to her weight loss and if it is that the types of surgery she may have had - but if it is, the likelihood is she's also on immunosuppressive meds which slow healing from wounds too.

A whole myriad of things that fit within the initial statement if people just understood the severity of some operations and conditions.

It could also be that it was surgery not linked to a long term condition like IBD but a hysterectomy and people are right about the recovery for that being serious but maybe not Christmas - Easter timescale but she maybe tagged an extra month on to take pressure off and allow her to be back to 100% not 75/80% level like you or I might aim for before getting back to normal life!
Of course they will add on extra weeks for recuperation ... she's the Princess of Wales. She'll get extra time in hospital and extra time off work.

Reactions: 2
I love the idea that someone wanting to have some privacy is them having control of the press. If a celebrity had surgery and the press found out and leaked all the details people would say it’s wrong and it’d have legal ramifications.

The same people that say how bad the press treatment of Diana was and praising Harry for winning his phone hacking case are the same people wanting a play by play update of Kate’s recovery.

American press being allowed to print what ever they want isn’t a good thing, it means they’re nosey bastards with no consequences for their actions.
---

I thought a lot of people didn’t like her? She gives me same vibes as her dad, thinks she’s better than her position and has a problem with hierarchy above her but no problem with it below her. Her sister seems the nicer of the two.
Yeah that’s on me! I confused her with Beatrice. So many of them it’s hard to keep track of! I genuinely knew nothing of any affair or pictures!

Privacy is fine, if the right to privacy is given to them all as individuals. I for one, am really happy that papers like The NOTW no longer exist. Sunday headlines exposing private lives isn’t right. But, we also have a “free press”! Well, it’s supposed to be and why the press should have some empathy and respect, it’s pretty obvious they don’t print certain things because they won’t get access to other stuff! They are being told what they can and can not say, this isn’t a privacy issue, this is a family doing what they like and controlling how it’s reported. Patrick Christy, is well known for disliking certain members of that family! His comment is very telling… if the Americans go over the top, it’ll be very hard to contain it here. In other words keep at it in the US so we can let rip here!

Reactions: 7

A huge amount of control over the British press.
Oh yes, such a large control of the press. The press completely ignored them in the 90s, didn't invade their privacy at all or publish highly damaging things and completely covered up the affairs, sex tapes etc. Or after Diana died, didn't demand the RF (including two grieving young boys) return to london and parade around, almost bringing the monarchy down. Such massive control they have.

The fact is there isn't anything to publish aside rumours and gossip which could lead them into deep water. I'd say its a lack of evidence if anything, rather than control.

KP said we wouldn't see Kate until after Easter, it's not Easter yet. If she isn't seen after the Easter break then yes there could be cause for concern. And yes William has been acting a bit odd. But the majority of the 'missing kate' drama has been created in people's head and in the media.

Reactions: 27
Just saw William, his latest photos in the Daily Wail.. Just let’s say he has aged, probably from stress, from what I can see..

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Oh yes, such a large control of the press. The press completely ignored them in the 90s, didn't invade their privacy at all or publish highly damaging things and completely covered up the affairs, sex tapes etc. Or after Diana died, didn't demand the RF (including two grieving young boys) return to london and parade around, almost bringing the monarchy down. Such massive control they have.

The fact is there isn't anything to publish aside rumours and gossip which could lead them into deep water. I'd say its a lack of evidence if anything, rather than control.

KP said we wouldn't see Kate until after Easter, it's not Easter yet. If she isn't seen after the Easter break then yes there could be cause for concern. And yes William has been acting a bit odd. But the majority of the 'missing kate' drama has been created in people's head and in the media.
I think because the late 80’s and 90’s were such a free for all is why there are the restrictions in place now. It will never go back to the deference that existed even up to the 1970’s because times have changed too much, but I don’t think we’ll see the complete carnage of the mid-late 90’s either.

Reactions: 3
Yes, all be it light office work! I went in as they were short staffed. I hate doing nothing. Drives me insane. I never breast fed so it wasn’t a huge disruption to the baby routine! And it was only a few hours for a few weeks! When I had my section I was in for the standard 4 days. My niece was out the following day. We as a society have adapted to operations. We don’t need so much time to recover. My friend had a hysterectomy last year, out the following day. Yet my mom was in for 12 days with hers, that was around ten years ago! I think women are incredibly resilient, the majority of us will just get on with it especially if it’s not our first child! In fact we are encouraged to get up and about and not sit around! That leads to the possibility of clots! If it were a man going through it, well 😂
Absolute nonsense. I had a hysterectomy recently and spent 2 weeks in hospital. I was also signed off work for 12 weeks.
I was in for 6 days after my c section.
I was up and about but in hospital.all the same.
Everyone's surgery is different and recovery times will differ. Her recovery period and hospitalisation was on a par with mine. No one wants to be in hospital for any longer than they need to be.
I know of women having vaginal hysterectomies and being fine in a few weeks. Full abdominal hysterectomy is much more invasive and major

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Just saw William, his latest photos in the Daily Wail.. Just let’s say he has aged, probably from stress, from what I can see..
No he hasn't. He looks the same as he always does. :rolleyes:

It's because of this kind of scrutiny Catherine will stay hidden away as long as possible.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.