The Royal Family #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean to be fair I can't imagine any PR person plans ahead for Twitter threads about the Prince of Wales murdering his wife and replacing her with a body double. I'm not sure anyone with any sense would think "yeah, that's a reasonable assumption people will make that we should plan for."
Nobody normal or sane believes it either so I think they're right not to respond to that one.
The speculation is being driven by William nearly more than Kate at the moment. If he was acting more like his usual self then there wouldn't be so much speculation.

Reactions: 11
@LizSmithqwerty you’re not alone. I don’t think all is well either. The last few years has taught us all how much those in charge deceive us. I’m not buying any of KP statements, it’s bullshit!
---
Carole Malone on Jeremy Vile claiming Charles doesn’t have cancer, she knows what it is, but she can’t say. Staffers in the palace all sign NDA but they’ll still let little bits slip out to journalists for a few quid. Palaces sources are palace leaks. Staff gossip about their bosses in every workplace. So yes, I think gossip reaches people like Carole Malone, it probably gets bits added on but she is a dinosaur who has been in those circles for years. What ever it is she knows, she has said something that will now cause even more damage to the many out of control rumours about that family.
Oh you have an opinion or a point of view… shhhh!! People on this thread will not like that.. lol.. Do you own a tin foll hat.. “ cough” On another point. Yes I do agree with what you say regarding KP statements.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I agree that Wiliam will not budge. But I think it will pay off in the end. Remember when the world went crazy because they didn’t parade George around? The royal corespondents fueld the criticism because they felt snubbed. 10 years later and W&K are hailed for being fantastic parents protecting their children’s privacy. If Kate recovers this will all blow over and be forgotten till next year.

Reactions: 31
Why would the place like about Charles having cancer though? To deflect from Kate?

I agree that Wiliam will not budge. But I think it will pay off in the end. Remember when the world went crazy because they didn’t parade George around? The royal corespondents fueld the criticism because they felt snubbed. 10 years later and W&K are hailed for being fantastic parents protecting their children’s privacy. If Kate recovers this will all blow over and be forgotten till next year.
Remember when the world went stone mad after Diana died, wanting to see rivers of royal tears and the flag that's not normally flown raised to half-mast? There's been a sympathetic play and a film and a tv drama about how the crown survived all that.

Reactions: 11
Remember when the world went stone mad after Diana died, wanting to see rivers of royal tears and the flag that's not normally flown raised to half-mast? There's been a sympathetic play and a film and a tv drama about how the crown survived all that.
Now everyone feels sorry for her sons and think it was awful that they were made to come out and face the public at the time. I think this will all blow over when Kate appears again.

Reactions: 14
Now everyone feels sorry for her sons and think it was awful that they were made to come out and face the public at the time. I think this will all blow over when Kate appears again.
Yep, many of them the same people who lined the streets wailing and screaming about a woman they never met, upsetting her poor kids. It's the done thing in Ireland for the whole extended family and friends to walk behind the coffin, but anyone they pass by has to stop and stay quiet, men take off their hats, religious people bless themselves. During Covid instead of a procession, the mourners lined the streets 2m apart.

The footage of Winston Churchill's funeral is very dignified and moving - the streets are packed quiet respect, and even the cranes at the docks bowed down. It's the crowds at Diana's funeral who should be criticised, not the decision for the family to walk behind.

In years to come, this Where's Kate business might be seen as a bit intrusive and rude.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
My close friend died and we were in the procession following behind the hearse. It was at walking pace as the undertaker lead the way on foot. When I noticed people who stopped and bowed their heads as we passed I was touched. It was a very respectful and kind of these strangers to do it.

Royal stans need their heads examined.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I agree. The crowds at Diana’s funeral were ridiculous but I also thought the same for The Queen. I genuinely don’t understand the adoration. People are repeating it now with William and Kate. Madness!

Reactions: 16
My close friend died and we were in the procession following behind the hearse. It was at walking pace as the undertaker lead the way on foot. When I noticed people who stopped and bowed their heads as we passed I was touched. It was a very respectful and kind of these strangers to do it.

Royal stans need their heads examined.
It's very common in Ireland at least that you'd stop if you were walking along and a hearse was coming up the road, or pull in your car and let the procession pass regardless of if you knew the deceased. Same for commercial premises, in my town at least they'll still close the front doors and turn off/dim the lights if a funeral was passing.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I cringe to this day when I remember how the baying mob demanded that the boys be paraded in front of them.
Bloody rubberneckers - it was embarrassing 😡
---
I mean to be fair I can't imagine any PR person plans ahead for Twitter threads about the Prince of Wales murdering his wife and replacing her with a body double. I'm not sure anyone with any sense would think "yeah, that's a reasonable assumption people will make that we should plan for."
I’m sure I didn’t suggest they should think people would behave that way; there’s no accounting for that level of crazy, obviously.
But given how people have reacted in the past, any savvy PR person would be expected to know how to word things to avoid too much speculation - affairs, breakdowns and such like.
Still, if you’ve a laugh out of it, that’s fine :)

Reactions: 10
Any PR person hired by KP, should really expect this. They’re hired to spin stories and make the family look picture perfect. Who ever is doing their PR is not worth their wage and I can see another change of staff in the household pretty soon!

Reactions: 9
I agree. The crowds at Diana’s funeral were ridiculous but I also thought the same for The Queen. I genuinely don’t understand the adoration. People are repeating it now with William and Kate. Madness!
I have a theory - and you can of course shoot it down in flames because I am not British! I think when Henry VIII changed the state religion, he simply stepped into the role of Pope. Other countries where the Protestant faith took hold were reacting against the massive wealth of the Catholic Church, much of it milked from ordinary superstitious people who were obsessed with saints and relics in a way that was more pagan than Christian. So while the European Protestant churches went on a very austere and puritan course, Henry VIII took all the bling and pomp and ceremony for himself. The monarch became the head of the state religion, and while attendance at church declined and the everyday life of Britain is secular, the monarchy kept up all the holiness and devotion - I noticed this in particular while watching the State Opening of Parliament. That's so like Mass!

The lying in state of QE2 really reminded me of a medieval pilgrimage for a saint. I dont mean this as a slight in any way - I was very impressed by it!

So that's where I think the adoration comes from - the need to adore and venerate.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
It's very common in Ireland at least that you'd stop if you were walking along and a hearse was coming up the road, or pull in your car and let the procession pass regardless of if you knew the deceased. Same for commercial premises, in my town at least they'll still close the front doors and turn off/dim the lights if a funeral was passing.
Yeah, I was about to say similar, pubs, shops etc. typically close their doors when a funeral is passing through.

Reactions: 5
I was in London at the time of Diana's death and a lot of people lost their sanity, there was a memorial book placed in work and the comments in there were ludicrous, I used to read it for a laugh. People wrote comments as if she was their friend that they knew well. The grief for the Queen was different, even I felt it as she had been around all my life, she was crowned before I was born so she was a kind of link continuously with family members who had passed on. Diana' s death caused hysteria and 1 year on only a few floral tributes were laid for her, so it wasn't even genuine.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Any PR person hired by KP, should really expect this. They’re hired to spin stories and make the family look picture perfect. Who ever is doing their PR is not worth their wage and I can see another change of staff in the household pretty soon!
But there is nothing to spin. Catherine has had abdominal surgery and is recuperating. It's the nutters on the internet and social media that are putting all the wild stuff out there. I wouldn't expect KP to acknowledge or respond to any of it.

Reactions: 38
But there is nothing to spin. Catherine has had abdominal surgery and is recuperating. It's the nutters on the internet and social media that are putting all the wild stuff out there. I wouldn't expect KP to acknowledge or respond to any of it.
Exactly! People criticising how they’re handling it. They’ve already had to say again what they said initially. They must feel like saying STFU!

William is protective of his family and I don’t see anything wrong with that.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I’d be surprised if their PR team have much say, I think William protects his family and won’t be releasing anything else about Kate’s health. Irrespective of how it looks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.