The Royal Family #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suspect that William shows little enough personality that people can project onto him whatever it is they want to believe. Those who want to think positively of him view him as a loving father and husband, those who want to think negatively of him view him as rude, sneering, and with the help of Harry's novel, a violent drunk.

Likelihood is he's a bit of a prick, as I suspect most people (and men in particular, as less is demanded of them to be perfect) born into wealth and privilege are, but no more than most, and more media trained than many.
I like William. He strikes me as a family man with strong boundaries who has little patience for bullshit and can see through a bullshitter at 20 paces. He has resting witch face, is cyncial and can get a bit snappy and impatient. He likes his personal space, especially as he moves through middle age.

I am aware that I've just projected my own personality onto him 😂 thus proving your point

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Not in the UK as I recall. There was quite a lot of negativity towards her during the end of the marriage and after the divorce, but then death instantly lifted her to sainthood.
From what I remember there was huge sympathy at first towards Diana regarding the breakdown of her marriage. The general take was she was only 19 and never stood a chance with Camilla in the wings. People didn't mind too much about Hewitt as Charles copped all the blame. But during the mid 90s more stories came out about affairs with Oliver Hoare (the police were called in about her nuisance calls) and Will Carling, both married men. When she started seeing Dodi, the press coverage exploded as they finally got footage of Diana with another man. Plus Dodi's dad was a hugely controversial figure. A lot of people weren't that impressed with the choice of boyfriend and the public smooching was felt to be tacky and super embarrassing for her boys.

Reactions: 17
From what I remember there was huge sympathy at first towards Diana regarding the breakdown of her marriage. The general take was she was only 19 and never stood a chance with Camilla in the wings. People didn't mind too much about Hewitt as Charles copped all the blame. But during the mid 90s more stories came out about affairs with Oliver Hoare (the police were called in about her nuisance calls) and Will Carling, both married men. When she started seeing Dodi, the press coverage exploded as they finally got footage of Diana with another man. Plus Dodi's dad was a hugely controversial figure. A lot of people weren't that impressed with the choice of boyfriend and the public smooching was felt to be tacky and super embarrassing for her boys.
Absolutely. As an official oldie I remember it well. The media turned against her by 1996. Too much baring her soul, too much public smooching with boyfriends, it was starting to trickle out how she emotionally manipulated her sons and weaponised her mental health struggles for drama and to get what she wanted.

Kind of like how the public only started to given Meghan the side-eye when she started going on about how no one had asked her if she was OK (whilst standing outside a horrifically poor African village in which women and girls were fighting against the vile tradition of FGM).

I appreciate the the UK is an incredibly diverse country but like all nations we do still have a national 'personality' of sorts and a dislike of self-indulgence, and a tendency to rip the piss out of self-pitying whingers, is a national character trait imho.

So yeah Diana's death kind of saved her rep. The night she died, the Sunday Express had prepared a front page with close ups of her on a yacht and a headline castigating her wantonness and frivolity (ah, the Express, where good old fashioned misogyny always has a home). The paper had just been printed and was in the vans on the way to news agents all over the land when the news about the car crash filtered through. The Sunday Express editor nearly died of a heart attack and immediately ordered outriders on bikes to get all the vans to STOP the paper from getting on the shelves whilst they hurriedly mocked up a more respectful front page 😂 😂 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 28
HMTQ had her fair share of criticism, calls for abolishing the monarchy, speculation about her own marriage and the fall out from C&D drama. Her „service“ was not so much in what she did but rather that she endured for so many decades. In a world with constantly changing problems, toms of new governments she was a fixture and that gives people a feeling of comfort. And when she reached OLD AF age people expressed their respect for her staying on the job. She could have stepped back. While it’s not tradition there was nothing forcing her. There are mechanisms when the Crown moves on. But she endured and that’s what people admired. Even if her performance wasn’t 100% anymore (was it ever?). The same pattern happened with Queen Victoria.
This is hardly a big scandal for the RF but rather proof that humanity hasn’t evolved for a long time and is still prone to mass hysteria and conspiracy theories. Nothing new though. It’s just a modern day witch hunt (just an example. You can easily find similar.).

Reactions: 22
There was no public smooching, Piers Morgan cropped the photo in the centre to make it look as if they were very close. He got the sack over fake pictures in the end

Reactions: 7
Does anyone believe what a poll says? Easily made up just like everything the media puts out.
YouGov is verified and weighted to reflect the general population.

A significant majority of people think the monarchy is good for the UK, with an additional 25% not giving a tit either way. Only 14% think it’s bad for the UK. This was as of Oct 23, so a few months ago.

Reactions: 6
YouGov is verified and weighted to reflect the general population.

A significant majority of people think the monarchy is good for the UK, with an additional 25% not giving a tit either way. Only 14% think it’s bad for the UK. This was as of Oct 23, so a few months ago.

Oh yes because this can't be easily manipulated either 🤣

Reactions: 4
Crikey, I bet they are crossing their fingers that an itv personality/premier league footballer/news reporter engages in a bit of a sex scandal to take the light off them for a bit 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Crikey, I bet they are crossing their fingers that an itv personality/premier league footballer/news reporter engages in a bit of a sex scandal to take the light off them for a bit 🫠
Given the way some folks are flocking to conspiracies at this point, I'd not be surprised if the next celebrity scandal rolls up and people start saying the royals faked it with AI images and body double to draw attention away from Kate's crippling fringe-related divorce.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Second positive news item from The Mirror in 24 hours! They’re turning up the heat on KP! I find the lot of it hilarious! As many others did when the shoe was on the other foot! I’m not even bothered who comes at me for saying it! I just can’t stand the bloody hypocrisy of it all!

Attachments

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Second positive news item from The Mirror in 24 hours! They’re turning up the heat on KP! I find the lot of it hilarious! As many others did when the shoe was on the other foot! I’m not even bothered who comes at me for saying it! I just can’t stand the bloody hypocrisy of it all!
It's a joke isn't it?? That and the calls from Meghan to stand up for Kate hahaha please why should she when Kate stood by and let the palace and media carry out their abuse
---
Oh yes how William isn't a cheat and their marriage is perfect and Kate can do no wrong 😉

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.