Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

stardust21

VIP Member
I want to get in on the conspiracy theories, so mine is that “C” actually means Charlotte not Catherine. And Charlotte edited the photo for an art project.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

CarmenGhia

VIP Member
That's all media bullshittery though. The truth is probably straightforward: Kate has had some invasive and quite major surgery because of a medical problem, which may well be of the embarrassing kind she doesn't want to discuss. My own suspicion is that she's been living with Crohn's, colitis or something similar for a long time. She may have had a bowel resection and possibly a stoma. It would be nice for other stoma patients to have someone talking openly about it, but it still involves a lot of awkward topics and I don't blame anyone for not wanting to make it public.

Despite his enormous privilege and hired help, William is only human and is worried about his wife and also his elderly father who has cancer. He will also be worried about the effects this is all having on his kids. It's only the tabloids that are suggesting he's single-handedly running half of Kensington Palace in between various bedside vigils.

Reactions: 59

pinkrobot

VIP Member
This is all so weird. If the photo was heavily doctored or fake then it had to be killed by the press agencies (and they wouldn't have done this lightly knowing the source of the photo). The dishonesty of it all is awful ... 'lets just cobble together something to shut up all the peasants with their conspiracy theories'. Then to flippantly pass it off as an amateur photoshop slip up is pretty insulting. I don't blame Kate, she will have been made to say that. But are we to believe that the actual British royal family could not arrange for a professional to take or edit one family photo. If Kate is so unwell still and confined constantly to one of her homes, then surely William would have asked someone else to polish up the photo.

I think William & Kate have been hugely lucky in getting a free pass from the press for years. Remember the Christmas card showing them on a holiday in Jordan that no one had known about while the press were telling us down to earth Wills and Kate love simple holidays on the Isles of Scilly. I am staggered how little William does. An investiture, a handful of short engagements since Christmas. Yes his wife has been ill but no one else would have the luxury of downing tools for 2 months and they have endless staff, kids in school, a full-time nanny and Kate's parents round the corner. If it was Harry stepping back to look after Meghan, she would be crucified for being a prima donna, insisting that Harry is at her beck and call. I wonder what they make of it all in Montecito. I'm neither Team Wales or Team Sussex but I increasingly think the Sussexes were thrown to the lions to protect W and K and they're best off out of it all.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 57

wideopenspace

Chatty Member
I can't be bothered with the conspiracy theories etc but I think the monarchy will fail and I severely doubt George will become King.

I don't believe William and Kate can be bothered with their duties and for a lot of people since the Queen died interest is dying off. I used to be a fan but the PR exercise on Kate being ill has been woeful and insulting. Most of us have to work, care for children, run the house whilst ill even when serious, yes we have family but not the paid help they have. It's insulting the inference William is doing it all when he has paid help and no worries about his bills. For his own less well off peers this will be the monarchies downfall.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
What I do find disgusting and very distasteful is poor Thomas Kingston's name being dragged into this and his awful death being used in all this nonsense. God knows what his family make of it. Horrendous.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Spid

VIP Member
I think some people owe an apology to the person who circled the photoshop errors earlier in the thread!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 52

moldwarp

VIP Member
We have definitely jumped the shark with this one. What a load of fuss over nothing. Who doesn't edit their photos these days? So the execution of it wasn't perfect - so what? The tin foil hattery os reaching Covid levels. The poor woman has had major surgery and has already said she wouldn't be back until Easter. I'm sure all of their official photos are retouched. This one just doesn't pass quality control. There is really nothing more to see here.
With respect, that's not what the world's four biggest and most respected global news agencies are saying. A kill notice is a big deal in journalism.

Reuters, AP and AfP aren't killing the story because the photoshop execution 'wasn't perfect'. If they routinely did that, then no photo of any celeb ever since about 1980 would be distributed by the news agencies!

They're killing it because they doubt the veracity of the story of the photo - ie that it shows an image of Kate and the children taken by William earlier this week.

And yes that is a big deal.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Honeystar

VIP Member
She gets papped unofficially and people say it’s a body double/Pippa. They release an official photo newly taken and with a note of thanks, and people say it’s AI/photoshopped. She could do a live broadcast on all the major channels holding up the days paper and giving a step by step account of her surgery and recovery and people would still say it was staged. People so badly want to find drama and conspiracy, but tell me again how irrelevant the royals are

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I am at a loss as to how this has all snowballed and got out of hand and I suspect KP are too.

Back in January we were told Catherine was having abdominal surgery and it wasn't related to cancer . We were also told she would be in hospitable for about 10 days then out of action until Easter. Then we got she was at home and recovering.

That really should have been that but somewhere along the road its all started 'where is Kate?' 'No one has seen the Princess' (obviously forgetting we had been told we wouldn't and she was recovering from surgery :rolleyes: ) . Then it was all nutters deciding she'd been the victim of domestic violence from an alcoholic Wlliam and off we went. The media jumped on the bandwagon and it's all spiralled.

I do feel like it is bullying Catherine and trying to force her to appear in public when she obviously isn't ready or comfortable. It really is reminding me of the Diana years and I'm sure it is William too so he will push back even further.

• Heart
  • Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
They release photos of their family on “special occasions”. I bet they now think, the next time you want photos of our family you can fuck right off! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 49

Padparadascha

Jesus, maybe she just feels a bit shit about her appearance right now because she's been... you know, recovering from a massive operation and doesn't want to be photographed right now and for that photo to be out there forever more. So she tweaked an old one to try to shut people up.

There's only one reason they want a photo of her while she's unwell and that's to tear her apart.

All this media speculation is uncomfortably like the hounding Diana was getting before she died and like the baying mob demanding two boys be dragged from the privacy of their granny's safe haven so that the mob can see their private moments. Its shameful.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Bennington12

In my own personal opinion I think she’s had major surgery, is chilling in her PJs at home whilst she recovers, binge watching Netflix and eating carbs.

I think she probably made a special effort to get fully dressed and have her hair done for the photos (which can be exhausting in itself) and when they didn’t get one of everyone smiling and happy they cut and pasted others in so they had one composite picture of everyone 🤷🏼‍♀️

Even once the physical wounds have mostly healed on the outside there will be a lot going on healing wise internally and the fatigue can be overwhelming. I’ve not long had abdominal surgery and I just want to hide away until I’m feeling better.

why has there always got to be a huge conspiracy with everything? Sometimes life is just boring and mundane and people have surgery and people get cancer.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Geetbo

VIP Member
Just wanted to say thanks to you all for the absolutely comedy gold of this thread. And if some of you aren’t joking you should probably ring the doctors.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Lammington

VIP Member
I do find all the claims that the PR people are doing a bad job, there's so much secrecy, there must be more to it, etc. a bit odd.
I mean, the PR options appear to be: 1) release that medical treatment has occurred but is private, that there will be no updates unless there is change, and that there will be no engagements while recovering, i.e. what was done. 2) release private medical information so people can feel justified in their assumptions they have a right to the private information of a complete stranger. 3) Respond to every theory because people prefer wild speculation to banal life.

I think people interpreted the first statement as the surgery being minor, despite it not saying this. Then when the recovery timeframe implied a more significant surgery than they had assumed, they instead of thinking "ah, I must have got that wrong" assumed again that either the first statement was misleading or that something is being hidden.

Significant surgery requires significant recovery. Significant recovery when you are someone whose pictures are scrutinised and judged by the public right down to a wrinkle in your dress or a varicose vein is going to be done well away from prying eyes. I just don't think it's as exciting or scandalous as people want it to be.

I'd also note that others being back at work/doing things sooner after significant surgeries isn't a sign that those with privilege shouldn't be allowed to recover, it's a sign that the rest of us should be allowed but are not due to societal and financial pressure. We don't recover faster, we just have no option but to get back to it before we've fully recovered.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 47