The Royal Family #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know people who knew them at uni and have other connections to them, so no, it's not BS, but ok 🤣

William totally went crawling back. He knew nobody else wanted him. Kate's party going was a real clever thing: get in the media, look at me, I'm the fun single girl, Willy, look what you are missing! It worked brilliantly. He knew nobody wanted him or that life, but Kate sure did just like Meghan was equally desperate for it once she could bag Harry. Same story.
(Of course you knew people..... LMAO) You didn't even know that Isabella had denied that story. You are just repeating tabloid gossip from that time.

LMAO nobody else wanted him. During that time he still had his hair. And he was a rich prince. And you are telling me nobody wanted him...... There are enough gold diggers who wouldn't have rejected him.

And of course she went partying with her friends. Is that not what every twenty something just single girl does ......

Anyway that's old stale gossip. We are now almost twenty years later ...

Reactions: 17
No matter what the outcome, this will be used as a case study for PR firms in "what not to do"
With that said, I don't know that there is a PR "what to do" in this situation given how desperate people are to make conspiracies.
The options seem to be to push your client to release information or visual evidence of a medical procedure and recovery that they're not comfortable with, or try to release very little (given that, again, the public have no right to the private medical information of anyone, even a royal) and then watch the nutters rant about shrubs proving your client is dead/in a coma/divorcing/a victim of domestic violence/missing/a body double, etc.

This isn't to me an example of bad PR, but a lack of PR capacity to understand the current way parasocial relationships and the internet's direct rapid hole into conspiracy theories impact on any and all statements that aren't either a violation of privacy or toeing the line of one.

Reactions: 18
LMAO nobody else wanted him. During that time he still had his hair. And he was a rich prince. And you are telling me nobody wanted him...... There are enough gold diggers who wouldn't have rejected him.

And of course she went partying with her friends. Is that not what every twenty something just single girl does ......

Anyway that's old stale gossip. We are now almost twenty years later ...
It’s not a case of no one wanted him … probably more no one wanted in the royal fish bowl. Charles was turned down at least 3 times in the 1970’s when the world was far more respectful and by ladies from their own circle.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m wondering if she’s had a stroke, especially given the long recovery time and the fact we’re yet to see her (unedited) face.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
With that said, I don't know that there is a PR "what to do" in this situation given how desperate people are to make conspiracies.
The options seem to be to push your client to release information or visual evidence of a medical procedure and recovery that they're not comfortable with, or try to release very little (given that, again, the public have no right to the private medical information of anyone, even a royal) and then watch the nutters rant about shrubs proving your client is dead/in a coma/divorcing/a victim of domestic violence/missing/a body double, etc.

This isn't to me an example of bad PR, but a lack of PR capacity to understand the current way parasocial relationships and the internet's direct rapid hole into conspiracy theories impact on any and all statements that aren't either a violation of privacy or toeing the line of one.
The photo debacle is bad PR though. Things weren't too bad until that happened but now it's a proper mess. It's reached a while new level of crazy and that is their own fault.

Noone should be demanding her medical info or demanding to see her but the whole photo thing has invited massive scrutiny and it's given the press an excuse to start scrutinising them as well whereas before they had to stick to the official back after Easter line. They've brought "where's Kate" into the mainstream with this photo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
We definitely aren’t being told the full story. There is something going on more than K recovering from an op. I doubt we’ll ever really know the absolute truth about it all either, why would we 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 20
We definitely aren’t being told the full story. There is something going on more than K recovering from an op. I doubt we’ll ever really know the absolute truth about it all either, why would we 🤷🏼‍♀️
I don’t think I even want to know at this point. Like the final episode of a smash hit TV drama. It’s never going to live up to the hype.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
William affair stories come from, for me, people who knew him and Kate at uni (who I know) as well as all the 'I'm FREE!' and stories of him bringing girls into Sandhurst when they were dating. They broke up a lot. He went after other women - Isabella Branson comes to mind who called him a boor. There was a lot out there in the aughts!

Absolute BS. There is no truth to what you are saying. Tabloids reported that he said I'm Free when he was drunk when they had just broken up. Kate was also partying with her friends. Normal behavior for young people who were broken up.

And they also reported that he went crawling back to her. And they were broken up for seven weeks.

Isabella Branson has said in a interview that there was no truth to that story. That it was tabloid invention. And she was also in a relationship with her now husband during that time.

You keep repeating tabloid and forum BS as truth. Unbelievable.
I recently rewatched their engagement interview and they were asked about the split and William admitted it but also said don’t believe everything you read in the papers. He should have added ‘or on gossip forums’ because as we know anyone can say they know someone who is in the know and make out they know it all!
---
Youre literally obsessed with the willy being a cheat stories being false...makes me laugh so much 😂😂😂
Well you could say the same about the people insisting it’s true. I’ve seen Ellie post the same ‘story’ about 100 times now plus the story about Kate’s hair extensions 🤣

Reactions: 5
I think it is pretty simple. She had surgery. Probably bowel-related with the recovery time? A stoma? She doesn't want to be seen in public until she wants to be, which I can understand, especially because I personally think she seems to be both vapid and vain, as well as very conscious of her image. William pretty much refuses to work, so there is a vacuum. He drops out of his godfather's funeral for 'personal reasons'. Their PR responses have been snippy, curt, and hostile. Kate edits a photo together poorly and they release it for Mother's Day as they usually do but it is so obviously stitched together, PA can't run it in good faith. William throws Kate under the bus - I do think she edited them, they're so poorly done, if they hired someone they are terrible - instead of his PR. Yet, it is not as if William listens to anyone anyway. In the vacuum of news about them and William being barely visible after Kate was settled in at home when he could do a few engagements a week (not like he does, mind you, ever), internet nutters came to the fore. KP failed the PR lesson here.

Occam's Razor - simplest explanation is the correct one imo. She had surgery and they handled this very, very poorly indeed and frankly, I find Kate lazy and workshy, but it must be stressful to have all this on top of recovering because her husband's hires are bungling idiots as is her husband.

Reactions: 26
Completely agree. Something is off about the whole thing. Why is it shrouded in so much secrecy… could she be gravely ill? The photograph in the car looks absolutely nothing like her. And now badly edited pics. come on, I can photoshop my Instagram selfies with a £2.99 app better than the one they realised. Makes me think it wasn’t Kate who did it… she’s really into photography isn’t she? So she’ll use photoshop often, Apologies for being sexist but I feel it’s more likely a man to overlook those little details…. Something doesn’t add up.
---
Not forgetting that they strategically released the information about Charles cancer at the exact same time as Kate’s surgery, so they absolutely wanted to divert as much attention away from her from as possible from the off

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
The fact it’s making national news is strange. Everyone was told that she’d be out of action until after Easter, so why is it all such a big deal where she is or how she’s recovering right now? Crazy Twitter conspiracies are one thing but prime time national news outlets (worldwide according to another poster) talking about her dodgy photoshop is very odd imo

Reactions: 16
The fact it’s making national news is strange. Everyone was told that she’d be out of action until after Easter, so why is it all such a big deal where she is or how she’s recovering right now? Crazy Twitter conspiracies are one thing but prime time national news outlets (worldwide according to another poster) talking about her dodgy photoshop is very odd imo
I suppose by releasing a picture to the public saying hi look we’re fine then getting caught manipulating it & not explaining why, it almost equates with feeling lied to, which then makes you think what else are they lying about… and it’s the way it’s been done for me. It’s not just a bit of teeth whitening & skin smoothing, it’s been altered in really odd ways… Like Charlotte’s skirt jutting out from her body like it’s been stuck on

Reactions: 15
it is possible she had a stroke. i had an operation and a few days later had a blood clot to the brain which caused a TIA, it happens.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Why are they adamant they won’t release the original one? Not that I think there is any truth in the big rumours but it would settle quite a few comments surely

Reactions: 3
Why are they adamant they won’t release the original one? Not that I think there is any truth in the big rumours but it would settle quite a few comments surely
Unless they state why, we'll likely never know.

It may be as simple as choosing not to amend or update on this to avoid people assuming they will capitulate on any statement/update that the public feels isn't providing enough information or is reading into.

At this point any and everything they release is being so obsessively picked apart that they may have just decided duck it, if there's no winning there's no winning.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.