The Royal Family #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is quite hard to prove a negative. The person who started the rumour admitted they made it up though.
It's a futile mission, any attempt gives it oxygen.

People won't care one jot if it's almost certainly fake because they want it to be true.

Even if the person that stated it says they made it up people that want it to be true will double down and say it's 100% real and they must have been threatened. Welcome to the internet 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 18
2024 has certainly not disappointed. Oh & it's just the 'start' of the week. My guess is shi^ is about to get a whole lot stranger. Hang tight, the ride has only just begun. jmho

Reactions: 21
So the confirmed photoshop is Kates hands, her face copied from a previous vogue cover and Charlottes body. You’re telling me Kate did that? Why? Most middle aged women photoshopping slap a filter on and call it a day.

What ever is going on every single one of us should remember that the palace thinks the British public is stupid.

Reactions: 20
I’m wondering if she’s had a stroke, especially given the long recovery time and the fact we’re yet to see her (unedited) face.
I do think it’s telling that it’s her face specifically that we’re not allowed to see. Like if she had a stoma or something, with the rumours at this level she could show a pic of herself from the chest or shoulders up and as long as she appears to be ok and “with it” then everyone would calm down. But they won’t do that.

Reactions: 13
So the confirmed photoshop is Kates hands, her face copied from a previous vogue cover and Charlottes body. You’re telling me Kate did that? Why? Most middle aged women photoshopping slap a filter on and call it a day.

What ever is going on every single one of us should remember that the palace thinks the British public is stupid.
There's been confirmation?

Reactions: 4
There's been confirmation?
No. The vogue cover is a stupid rumour from some social media manager.
It's not true. Anyone capable of that level of retouching would not make the other mistakes. Seriously. The light is completely different. It's the same face because it's the same woman on both images. It's not the same image. People don't know what they're talking about. The artifacts like the zipper etc look like the AI replacement function in Photoshop. It's mostly tit and it looks like whoever did it didn't check the results. That's so far off the level of pixel peeping necessary to pull off the Vogue cover face swap. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: 28
I am so bemused by the ‘just leave them be’ or ‘of course Kate just edited the photo’ accepting comments

They are the royal bloody family. It’s not like mr and mrs smith shoving a pic on Facebook with a bizarre filter on it for fun. They knew this would go global as everything they do does.

The palaces and the press have acted very weird on this since the start of the year (absolutely no speculation from the British press to start with - that was weird!!!!) and with each thing they make it worse for themselves.

hopefully their story is right and she is recovering from surgery and it’s all just one big PR cock up (although that his a big issue for the royal family)

but given the families history of how it treats wives/women I don’t think it’s totally unreasonable to be questioning if the woman at the heart of this story is ok when things feel very off.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Completely agree. Something is off about the whole thing. Why is it shrouded in so much secrecy… could she be gravely ill? The photograph in the car looks absolutely nothing like her. And now badly edited pics. come on, I can photoshop my Instagram selfies with a £2.99 app better than the one they realised. Makes me think it wasn’t Kate who did it… she’s really into photography isn’t she? So she’ll use photoshop often, Apologies for being sexist but I feel it’s more likely a man to overlook those little details…. Something doesn’t add up.
---
It’s AI editing for sure - hence the errors that a human being would have noticed had they been manipulating the photo themselves. What I can’t understand is why it wasn’t proofed before being released.

Reactions: 4
This whole drama convinces me even more than before that maybe the best thing is to abolish the monarchy for the sake of this whole family. Since the mythification around the monarchy disappeared with the rise of medias and a more secular society that not anymore reverential towards the royals (which is a good thing!) but still think they belong to them it just went downhill and more and more chaotic. No one should be subjected to that level of scrutiny their entire life. Whatever is currently going behind the scenes right now - divorce/affair/physical health issue/mental breakdown - anyone going to this kind of challenges should be able to take time off and not having to inform the "public" about it or giving anything to satisfy curiosity. Even celebrities can disappear if they feel like to, high profile figures can resign or retire. They are the only ones who are supposed to share infos about themselves their entire life.

The euro-monarchies seem to fare better but that's because the contract between them and their subjects is very different. I am not convinced that the BRF can transition to something similar because the pomp is their signature trademark. That's what make them different from the other euro-monarchies and that's part of the pride of many british people about their RF. Plus the medias in many European countries are nowhere as ferocious as the british tabloids. Less money is made around the euro-monarchies so the stakes are lower.

By the way not having a monarchy doesn't mean the adoption of a strong presidential regime - like the french or the american way. No one cares about the german president because it is just a ceremonial role. While the chancellor is busy with political issues, the president is tasked with courtesy visits etc. It is also much less costly than paying for the RF. The person who is tasked to represent the country has only public exposure for a certain amount of years and can still decide to resign if needed. They also don't have the power to prevent some laws to be passed by the parliament or to tweak them for their own benefits. The german model is just one among other similar models.

The current situation makes me think that Kate and William's children won't be spared from the same scrutinity when they will be teenagers/young adults. People say that the RF members are disfunctional a but what do you think it will happen to these kids? The same thing. Is it worth to put another generation through this?

Reactions: 35
@Onetwofour actually the German President is pretty costly. Because when they retire they still maintain an office with some staff and get a hefty pension till they die. Not sure about security. At one point there were 4 or 5 ex-Presidents and 1 in office and it was most definitely more expensive than the UK RF per year. Some newspapers did the math.

I also disagree that Kate should release a nice video because she is obviously well enough to be out and about. She is still off work for whatever reason. And if people wouldn’t see her move or see her stomach/legs it would go from a stoma, to stroke, to wheelchair, to amputation real quick. And we would get all those body language experts telling us about her inner turmoil, her panicking, the tension she has with whoever watches her while filming. And if they do postproduction we would probably get not perfect lip synchro so it all must be fake. There is really no escape once the rumours have started.
KP made a massive error in releasing this photo on its own. Someone suggested a post with several mothers. This would have been a better idea. And if anyone was questioning why they used an old photo they could have just said they scheduled this post in December already as the Walses really liked the photo and didn’t see any need to update it. Of course they shouldn’t have used bad editing. I am sure they have some nice family portraits to use.
This bad editing needs to stop. It isn’t the first time.

It seems H&M have finally sunk into the oblivion they belong. They don’t bring in the clicks anymore. The Walses will have to face the music again. I thought they would be more relaxed after they weathered the storm after George’s birth. Maybe their current team hasn’t been around them? They should all relax. Drink a cup of tea. Follow with a strong drink. And have a hearty laugh about the rumours.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I am so bemused by the ‘just leave them be’ or ‘of course Kate just edited the photo’ accepting comments

They are the royal bloody family. It’s not like mr and mrs smith shoving a pic on Facebook with a bizarre filter on it for fun. They knew this would go global as everything they do does.

The palaces and the press have acted very weird on this since the start of the year (absolutely no speculation from the British press to start with - that was weird!!!!) and with each thing they make it worse for themselves.

hopefully their story is right and she is recovering from surgery and it’s all just one big PR cock up (although that his a big issue for the royal family)

but given the families history of how it treats wives/women I don’t think it’s totally unreasonable to be questioning if the woman at the heart of this story is ok when things feel very off.

Some people like to feel they're superior to others and immune to the urge to gossip. Guess they must not be human then cos evolutionary psychologists say that the urge to gossip about others is a central (and healthy) human urge and played an important role in small hunter-gatherer groups by keeping antisocial behaviour in check (the theory being that humans fear being talked about and are therefore less likely to act out in antisocial ways if they fear it will make them the subject of gossip).

Also, I don't believe Kate is a victim of DV, but the whole "leave them be, none of our business" attitude has absolutely led to the deaths of many many women and children because friends and neighbours suspected something but didn't wanna get involved.

So there, haterzzz!! 😂

Anyway I see that KP is in defence mode with a piece in the Mail about how Kate "feels awful" for screwing up the editing of the pics. Too late for planting articles KP, no one believes she took or edited that photo!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
In other news. Anne and Sophie looked fantastic at the Commonwealth service. Wiliam looked like always. And Camilla looked nice in this string blue. But they wear blue so much it gets really really boring. Princess Anne’s red coat was a relief she definitely the best look. Sophie’s light grey was a nice contrast too. I especially liked the collar and the hat. Not so much the lengths.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
In other news. Anne and Sophie looked fantastic at the Commonwealth service. Wiliam looked like always. And Camilla looked nice in this string blue. But they wear blue so much it gets really really boring. Princess Anne’s red coat was a relief she definitely the best look. Sophie’s light grey was a nice contrast too. I especially liked the collar and the hat. Not so much the lengths.
Looked fantastic? Washed up old hags haha more like 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Granted, it’s an Express article but Harry and his wife generate a lot of online interest. You have to remember they rarely announce where they are going to be. So when they turn up, the journos are scrambling to get a picture or an article written. They trend most days on Twitter, even if it is trolls and spite. If people want them to go away, I’m afraid they’re not helping that matter by giving them the free publicity!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.