The Royal Family #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're under so much scrutiny that all the children need to have the perfect smiles else headlines will be made.

With everything going on around them at the moment I think they decided to not spend an hour to get the perfect shot and made do. Maybe it shouldn't have been submitted to these media agencies if it breaks their standards? I don't know what these are and if they never publish combined photos.

Reactions: 17
We were told that she would be back to work at Easter, yet everyone clamouring for photos and updates constantly. This is what happens when nobody wants to give the woman some space to recuperate from an operation.

Reactions: 36
It’s their reputation at stake. Yes, in the general scheme of things is not really that important … a family photo tweaked to give a glossier picture … but they are dealing with all kinds of photographs from terrorist events to war photos. Getting a reputation for allowing edited/manipulated images isn’t something they would want. Some things are actually bigger than the RF and their PR games.
Exactly. And so, in that sense, it is a big deal, and KP showed arrogance and incompetence in trying to pass the photo off.
---
I’d be more surprised if the photo wasn’t edited. Do you know how hard it is to even get one child to stay still and smile nicely?! It’s likely a mash up photo which is why it’s a bit off, it’s not a good look but I do get it.
Hmmm for ordinary kids I'd say sure, but these kids have been trained from the crib to pose, walk and smile and wave at the right time. Add that trianing to their ages, and yes they are absolutely old enough to stay still for photos.
---
From what I can gather, and I might have hold of the wrong end of the stick, the mistake they made was sending it to the news agencies who have a policy for what is acceptable editing, and who fact check. If they had just left it to be picked up from their Instagram account and bypassed the agencies it wouldn‘t have come up.
Agreed, and so for me it comes down to, why did they feel the need to send this pic out to the global news agencies? Normally they would reserve that for breaking news. What story were they trying to get ahead of?

Reactions: 16
Personally I think that so many know the truth of it all and are desperate to tell us and they have grasped this terrible picture to do it. Wait and see what the week brings.

Reactions: 18
The only way KP can quash the wild witchelling is to share a handful of different photos from the same shoot, with the children looking the wrong way etc, to ‘prove’ why it was edited.

They shouldn’t have to. But the conspiracy theories are wild.

Reactions: 12
Awwwww isn’t is nice. A little backlash to the mass hysteria from the 90s newly interpreted and updated for the 2020s (moon bumps, dolls, body doubles, AI…). If I get a penny for every “it will all come out soon/the next weeks” I could stop working by now.
If anything is amiss between W&K they will probably just live separate lives and probably only they got crowded.

The stupid bush is right next to the house and a window. If they treat Adeleide Cottage like the other royal houses/castles that’s a pretty cozy spot to have be blooming earlier.

The only thing bad about the photo is that it’s pretty annoying that KP hasn’t managed to employ someone with proper editing skills. Jeez. Whoever believes their pictures aren’t highly edited and photoshopped is pretty naive. As if any of them would happen to just snap the perfect picture by chance. With perfect pose, light, hair, make up and beautifully coordinated clothes. I mean look at this lovely country family…. of course it’s the stylised version of what they want us to see in them. Rich but not bragging. Country but not frumpy. Close knit and loving. Bla bla bla

KP needs to get someone else to do the editing for their “private” snaps. There are many people that are really really good at photoshop and similar technologies.

Reactions: 15
What I want to know is were they using AI to do the swapping and blending or was it someone manually doing it with photoshop?

The current google and samsung phones do the photo face swapping thing:

The whole topic of AI and what's even real anymore is both interesting and horrifying. Apparently many teens don't recongise themselves as they're so used to snap filters.

Ethical Quandaries: When Does Editing Become Manipulation?
Here’s where things get dicey. Tech commentators have described Google’s new AI features as “indecent,” “terrible,” and a potential threat to online trust. Andrew Pearsall, a professional photographer, warns that even simple manipulations can lead us down a dark path.

Crossing the Line: What’s Acceptable?
So, when does editing cross into the realm of manipulation? It’s a question that even Google is grappling with. Isaac Reynolds, who leads Google’s smartphone camera systems, argues that features like “Best Take” don’t “fake” anything. But where do we draw the line?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Whoever photoshopped the image did a good job of removing Kate’s new fringe, can we all agree on that?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
We were told that she would be back to work at Easter, yet everyone clamouring for photos and updates constantly. This is what happens when nobody wants to give the woman some space to recuperate from an operation.
Exactly! Has anyone considered that KP are fed up with the conspiracy clamour from people who can't cope with a simple timetable (screeching arewethereyet? arewethereyet? in the back seat of the car) and have decided to troll them with a bit of bad photoshop. They might be tittering into their fine china teacups right now.

Reactions: 11
Well really this is what happens when you send edited photographs to global news agencies who have a policy of checking and not using edited photographs.

• Heart
IMG_8430.PNG

It was probably a picture from December 2023, but with everything going on they decided to photoshop it to make it look like it was taken on a different day. Not a very smart decision from their end, since everyone puts everything they do under a loop. However, people just need to have some patience. They said she'll make an appearance again on Easter, which is just three weeks away.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 12
View attachment 2808113
It was probably a picture from December 2023, but with everything going on they decided to photoshop it to make it look like it was taken on a different day. Not a very smart decision from their end, since everyone puts everything they do under a loop. However, people just need to have some patience. They said she'll make an appearance again on Easter, which is just three weeks away.
I read the Royal photos / speeches are taken well in advance of publication .

Reactions: 1
I mean that is planning ahead to have taken it in December last year. Did they know she was having surgery then and would therefore need a photo for Mother’s Day?
Plus when Kate is wearing the same things it’s thrifty but when it’s the children it’s a conspiracy?

I mean, the children are very much at an age where they don’t necessarily grow a lot every single year or every month. So I wouldn’t be confused if Charlotte still somewhat fits into some of her tops from last year. Especially with December last year is just 3 months ago. Her hair would also not hand onto the floor but she has probably a length to which it gets cut to when it gets too long. And if we know anything about Kate it’s that she loves to shop for the same item in several colours. So I wouldn’t be surprised to find the same item in several sizes for the children. And her “casual” clothes get worn a lot. So why shouldn’t Kate be in the same clothes from the last couple of years?
But it’s also completely possible that the photo is from last year. I mean December 23 was just 3 months. For the Walses that is actually vert current. I mean, they put summer holidays photos on their Christmas cards.
---
They never said she would come back at Easter. They said she wouldn’t come back till AFTER Easter. So while I think we will see an appearance at Easter, she could also come back later and it would still be well within what they initially announced.

Reactions: 25
View attachment 2808113
Wow children wearing the same clothes twice! (but not exactly the same!) 😮😮😮😮 Who’d have thought?
Honestly, how ridiculous.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.