The Royal Family #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can it hurry up and be Easter so she can come back on the scene. We’re going to have weeks of this and we don’t need Chris Ship starting Witchelling either.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Can it hurry up and be Easter so she can come back on the scene. We’re going to have weeks of this and we don’t need Chris Ship starting Witchelling either.
At this rate people will probably be saying she's a hologram, body double, or that Pippa decided to have surgery and replace her sister once she's back in action.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
This is so weird though. We’ve established on this thread that it’s normal for them to photoshop/edit/manipulate their photos like this.

We know this, so the Associated Press must be used to it too. So why have they taken an issue with this one?
There's a difference between touch ups, like changing the contrast, masking, maybe even using the healing tool to erase some background noise, and straight up stitching together different photos and/or lying about the date of the photos. The latter is the journalistic offence that would have lead to its withdrawal.

But... the flowers are in full bloom in England in early March or something...

Reactions: 17
This is so weird though. We’ve established on this thread that it’s normal for them to photoshop/edit/manipulate their photos like this.

We know this, so the Associated Press must be used to it too. So why have they taken an issue with this one?
I guess the main difference to 8 years ago is that post ChatGPT and newsrooms & picture desks introducing protocols on detecting generated images, this botch job has pinged their warning systems. Morto for whoever was on PhotoShop duties at KP this weekend.

Reactions: 21
I’m guessing Head of Photoshop for the Royal Household will be looking for a new job tomorrow. Oh to be a fly on the wall in KP communications, someone’s getting bollocked.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm glad there's nothing important happening in the world at the moment with only one bit of breaking news in the UK this weekend.
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 09.34.57.png

Even a little garden the exact same trees/shrubs vary depending on their situation. Impossible to determine anything meaningful from flora.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
What odds do we want to put on the same people ranting about conspiracy theories on Twitter would be the ones talking about how unfair the world is if Kate came out and said the scrutiny had taken a significant toll on her mental health?

Reactions: 14
I can't remember ever seeing before one picture take up all of the slots on the front page of the mail o_O
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 09.53.46.png

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 09.56.51.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Looks like it’s becoming a bigger story. I think the TMZ picture hasn’t helped.

Chris Ship on ITV reporting AP have withdrawn the picture. What an absolute mess
‘Kill notification’ is such a dramatic title for this. I get that it’s probably standard but it still made me take pause haha.
The image has been manipulated from the source - Quelle surprise! Like the majority of photos of people in the public eye, lots of them have their photos tweaked or edited for the best shot possible.
---
I wonder if William is testing his Photoshop skills and they are lacking :ROFLMAO:
Sadly knowing these two they probably got someone who does photography and retouching as a hobby to touch up the photo, much like Kate’s stylist being her PA. They don’t seem to have the best team at the moment.

Reactions: 15
They release photos of their family on “special occasions”. I bet they now think, the next time you want photos of our family you can duck right off! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 49
The edits to that Wales photo are completely unnecessary & whomever is running William's office needs to be fired asap because it's giving:

HST, is there a photo on any celebrity Instagram anywhere that hasn't gone through some sort of editing? And the press have no problem reprinting those? Isn't that the whole point of the stupid app anyway, to generate these AI-looking pics? Why's this a problem etc etc who cares.

DM has multiple references to this photo all over their pages, must have seen a 90% drop in clickbait revenue since Catherine went off sick and now they're trying to claw it back with this brouhaha and other outlets are cashing in. Kate must be the hardest working lazy person in history, not having to lift a finger or get out of bed to own the press.

I guess the daily diarrhoea of headlines about Harry and Meghan attending the opening of yet another envelope just isn't bringing in the engagement anymore. At this rate H&M will have to fast-track the divorce if they ever want to see another front page again.

judge.gif

Does she usually sign off as C ?
Yes.

Reactions: 13
The problem is it was sent directly to news agencies, so PA/Reuters/Getty had to do the kill order as it didn't meet journalistic standards.

It's fine for Insta.

Reactions: 17
My opinion is that it’s an old pic of Kate and the shopped the kids in. Badly.

Reactions: 4
The problem is it was sent directly to news agencies, so PA/Reuters/Getty had to do the kill order as it didn't meet journalistic standards.

It's fine for Insta.
Do you have a source for this? Wasn't it just posted on the KP Instagram and news agencies picked it up of their own volition?

Reactions: 2
Is this true?

If it is I didn’t see a kill notice for it at the time?
Just headed on to Twitter and the response to photogate is madness.

Reactions: 6
Do you have a source for this? Wasn't it just posted on the KP Instagram and news agencies picked it up of their own volition?
PA etc wouldn't release an announcement to stop distribution of the photo if it hadn't been sent to them directly. They don't care about insta photos, they care about what they are sent for publication to be given out.

If it was just posted on social media that's one thing but this was circulated to press agencies.

I do know with the Harry and Meghan photo her 'friend' in the UK supposedly 'took it' with an iPad as they lounged in their back yard in Montecito. 🤣

Reactions: 13
Really odd that she ended up with her dead mother in law's wedding ring it wasn't exactly Mummy 's lucky ring was it? She should have been allowed to chose her own engagement ring.
No, it was a beautiful welcome to the family and showed how deeply Wills feels for her, I think.

Reactions: 9
My opinion is that it’s an old pic of Kate and the shopped the kids in. Badly.
No. You'd notice because the lighting would be off. You can't just mix and match old and new pics. That would be glaringly obvious due to lighting.

They used multiple shots from the same shoot and corrected poses or facial expressions or whatnot to get a shot in which everyone looks good at the same time. And they simply didn't do it properly.

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.