The Royal Family #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they can't send over the originals because they probably also changed a face or something and admitting to that would make it even worse. Of course that stuff is all perfectly normal to do, but you wouldn't want the original and edited to be compared.
Do you not think it’s maybe just entirely AI generated? It’s so easy to do now and they’re so lifelike. Kate might have done this herself if she doesn’t feel like being photographed.

Reactions: 5
I think its quite obvious what has happened....Kate isn't ready to be photographed (rightly so after an op) so they've taken an old pic of her and edited the kids in and made out (or was it the press) it was a recent pic, THAT was the first mistake IMO.

Reactions: 29
it looks like a reflection of light on the folds in his collar but that doesn’t make sense since we can see on his shoulder that the light is coming from the right.

He does not look well at all, even after any potential editing.
Yes he looks awful and that was a month ago.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
We have definitely jumped the shark with this one. What a load of fuss over nothing. Who doesn't edit their photos these days? So the execution of it wasn't perfect - so what? The tin foil hattery os reaching Covid levels. The poor woman has had major surgery and has already said she wouldn't be back until Easter. I'm sure all of their official photos are retouched. This one just doesn't pass quality control. There is really nothing more to see here.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I want to get in on the conspiracy theories, so mine is that “C” actually means Charlotte not Catherine. And Charlotte edited the photo for an art project.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
We have definitely jumped the shark with this one. What a load of fuss over nothing. Who doesn't edit their photos these days? So the execution of it wasn't perfect - so what? The tin foil hattery os reaching Covid levels. The poor woman has had major surgery and has already said she wouldn't be back until Easter. I'm sure all of their official photos are retouched. This one just doesn't pass quality control. There is really nothing more to see here.
With respect, that's not what the world's four biggest and most respected global news agencies are saying. A kill notice is a big deal in journalism.

Reuters, AP and AfP aren't killing the story because the photoshop execution 'wasn't perfect'. If they routinely did that, then no photo of any celeb ever since about 1980 would be distributed by the news agencies!

They're killing it because they doubt the veracity of the story of the photo - ie that it shows an image of Kate and the children taken by William earlier this week.

And yes that is a big deal.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
At this point I'm honestly starting to give some credence to the divorce rumours. I think they've split due to that Rosie Cholmoneley-dingdong-whateverhernameis and Kate just isn't cooperating with playing happy families in public. The Palace tried to manipulate an old photo to bring certain details, like teeth or hair or whatever, up to date, and didn't do it well enough. Oooh dear.
You are spot on! I’m sticking by what I’ve been told. There is no way K would not have at least her wedding ring on for sure.

Reactions: 7
At this point I'm honestly starting to give some credence to the divorce rumours. I think they've split due to that Rosie Cholmoneley-dingdong-whateverhernameis and Kate just isn't cooperating with playing happy families in public. The Palace tried to manipulate an old photo to bring certain details, like teeth or hair or whatever, up to date, and didn't do it well enough. Oooh dear.
This is exactly what I think. I doubt she’d even had surgery to be honest. I know I’ll get shot down for it again, but the whole situation has been iffy since day one. I don’t necessarily think it’s about Rose, marriage is hard work. Especially when you have 3 young kids and the whole world watching you. She’s done her job in providing a heir, a spare and given them no scandal. I like Kate, I don’t like William. His whole demeanour is false to me. Typical arrogant toff. He’s the future KOE, I think it’s probably the personality type of everyone who grows up in his position.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t buy into any of the madder conspiracies but something is going on for sure. The statement from Kate is actually bizarre and I’m tied between thinking she wants out of the RF or the PR team are just actually tit.
My own take on it is that their marriage is going through it and they’re all buying time with her health to work out what to do and how to present it. There have been so many rushed and ill thought out things which makes me think there is panic going on behind closed doors. It’s all very odd

• Heart
Reactions: 27
With respect, that's not what the world's four biggest and most respected global news agencies are saying. A kill notice is a big deal in journalism.

Reuters, AP and AfP aren't killing the story because the photoshop execution 'wasn't perfect'. If they routinely did that, then no photo of any celeb ever since about 1980 would be distributed by the news agencies!

They're killing it because they doubt the veracity of the story of the photo - ie that it shows an image of Kate and the children taken by William earlier this week.

And yes that is a big deal.
I don’t think that’s what they’re saying. AP is quoted in the guardian as follows:

Associated Press said that according to its “news values and principles”, minor edits to photos including cropping, toning and colour adjustment are “acceptable when necessary for clear and accurate reproduction and should maintain the authentic nature of the photograph”

It added that “changes in density, contrast, color and saturation levels that substantially alter the original scene are not acceptable. Backgrounds should not be digitally blurred or eliminated by burning down or by aggressive toning. The removal of ‘red eye’ from photographs is not permissible.”

Reactions: 10
if they really edited photo themselves its totally ok to some missed areas but if it’s done by a professional… what a mess… -for example i’m a graphic designer and if i do something like this i would simply fired up already lmao -

Reactions: 4
Yes, in all fairness William isn’t liked anywhere near as much as he thought he’d be. The public love Kate. It’s Charles and Di all over again. That family never learn. I think there’s a lot to be said for her hanging around for him to make his mind up, he settled because he was expected to be wed and provide kids. May be it’ll be sorted behind the scenes and they’ll come to an agreement to stay married. I think another divorce will be yet another nail in coffin in regards to the longevity of them!

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I think its quite obvious what has happened....Kate isn't ready to be photographed (rightly so after an op) so they've taken an old pic of her and edited the kids in and made out (or was it the press) it was a recent pic, THAT was the first mistake IMO.
It's not easy to do that. You can't just mix and match images. You have to get the light to match exactly, otherwise it's really obvious.

I'm also not surprised that Catherine is editing her images herself. She's been photographing for over a decade. Processing and editing is part of photography.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Why has K put the apology out? It’s all very sinister and unfair on her in my opinion. I’m sure she’s beyond torn at this point. History is repeating itself for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
You couldn’t make this stuff up now. WTF is going on? A work experience kid would probably do a better PR job than this tit show

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don’t think that’s what they’re saying. AP is quoted in the guardian as follows:

Associated Press said that according to its “news values and principles”, minor edits to photos including cropping, toning and colour adjustment are “acceptable when necessary for clear and accurate reproduction and should maintain the authentic nature of the photograph”

It added that “changes in density, contrast, color and saturation levels that substantially alter the original scene are not acceptable. Backgrounds should not be digitally blurred or eliminated by burning down or by aggressive toning. The removal of ‘red eye’ from photographs is not permissible.”
Right, so in that case the photo they were supplied does not "maintain the authentic nature of the photograph" and/or "substantially alter the original scene".

the kill notice says that the photo has been "manipulated by the source" ie KP.

They're saying that the photo does not represent what it is supposed to represent ie a smiling, healthy looking Kate sitting up with her children around her.

That is a big deal, and very different from just touching it up because the kids wouldn't hold still, or whatever all the royalists on mumsnet were trying to say.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.