The Royal Family #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Given this amended Act then why are people still thinking it would default to Harry or Andrew and not Catherine/Ann/Edward/the corgis/literally anyone breathing but those two?
I genuinely don’t know, it’s not like bypassing the line of succession when it comes to appointing a regent is revolutionary. There’s no way it would be either Harry or Andrew.

Reactions: 1
The Times has an interesting article about all this and is slightly shading William for his laziness and refusal to accept what the public expects and wants of its royals they pay for - visibility.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The Times has an interesting article about all this and is slightly shading William for his laziness and refusal to accept what the public expects and wants of its royals they pay for - visibility.
The Times is becoming a tabloid. And that's because the old Daily Mail journalist is now at the Times after Valentin Low left.

They are fearing if William goes to new model of royal engagements, more behind the scenes work, they will have no job anymore so of course they are against that.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
William barely works.

If he is not seen out doing the boring stuff he hates doing like meeting people and shaking hands and cutting ribbons his lazy, petulant, arrogant ass is grass in the court of public opinion.

The Times seems a pretty reasonable paper and if THAT is criticizing him there's plenty to criticize.

His job is: be out there, be visible, support the monarch/institution. He is doing none of these things.

Not: hide away and claim he's working on 'impact' when it's just because he hates doing normal royal engagements and is lazy.

He can do his vanity projects and be there for the kids and do a few engagements a week. Period. He outright refuses.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
And that’s the truth of it.
It’s his job to take on these public engagements. He may not like it - not many of us do like our jobs.
But it sends all the wrong messages to be picking and choosing and refusing, when by accident of birth, you’ve got the most privileged lifestyle imaginable.
And I don’t resent anyone who is lucky enough to be born wealthy - thems the breaks.
But I do resent the sulky attitude William has when he has to do more than a handful of engagements.
He needs to step up and show he’s willing to properly put something back for all he has.
Otherwise he’s in danger of looking just as bad as his spoilt, whiny Brother/

Reactions: 23
The Times is becoming a tabloid. And that's because the old Daily Mail journalist is now at the Times after Valentin Low left.

They are fearing if William goes to new model of royal engagements, more behind the scenes work, they will have no job anymore so of course they are against that.
What I said. They have now old tabloid journalist. And now they are becoming one. Shame.

• Haha
I genuinely don’t know, it’s not like bypassing the line of succession when it comes to appointing a regent is revolutionary. There’s no way it would be either Harry or Andrew.
I assume when the subject of each Regency Act reaches majority then that act is null and void and reverts back to the basic. So, to specify. a Regent for George that wasn’t Harry or Andrew would need another Regency Act. I guess they don’t tend to do this sort of thing until the minor is the first in line. Maybe if William ascends the throne before George is 18, then we will get a new act.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Given this amended Act then why are people still thinking it would default to Harry or Andrew and not Catherine/Ann/Edward/the corgis/literally anyone breathing but those two?
Because QEII's amendment didn't apply to the situation being discussed. That amendment became null and void once Elizabeth's children were over 18, as it was for the specific provision of QEII's children.

A new amendment would need to be passed to allow for working around the provisions as set out by the Act to allow them to skip over both of the immediate people down in the line of succession.
While that amendment may be passed once William takes the throne, assuming he does so before his children are 18, it would be very unusual to pass such an amendment while a child's grandparent is on the throne, and would be a very pointed snub that I don't foresee them choosing to make.

Charles has appointed Edward to the Order of the Thistle. Did Andrew have it but lost it? As Anne, William and Camilla have it?

Reactions: 2
Charles has appointed Edward to the Order of the Thistle. Did Andrew have it but lost it? As Anne, William and Camilla have it?
I don’t think Andrew has ever had it. I assume Edward has been awarded it is because its associated with Scotland and he is the Duke of Edinburgh.

Reactions: 5
William is lazy and arrogant. There I said it. Yes - I get it - he wants to be there for his wife and kids, but here's the thing - 99% of mortals living in the real world can't do that as much as they would like because they need to earn a living. He needs to learn some lessons from Princess Anne and the Wessexes - they always come across as super happy, enthusiastic, and very willing to do the day to day Royal stuff which gives the Royals much needed visibility. William acts like he's too good for that stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
one Of my favourite Royal Videos is the one with The Queen and all the grandkids. Going horse riding. And I’m not sure of which granddaughter it was. Came out and ive got my red boots on!

Reactions: 11
one Of my favourite Royal Videos is the one with The Queen and all the grandkids. Going horse riding. And I’m not sure of which granddaughter it was. Came out and ive got my red boots on!
Isn’t it amazing how little she’s mentioned now.
---
William is lazy and arrogant. There I said it. Yes - I get it - he wants to be there for his wife and kids, but here's the thing - 99% of mortals living in the real world can't do that as much as they would like because they need to earn a living. He needs to learn some lessons from Princess Anne and the Wessexes - they always come across as super happy, enthusiastic, and very willing to do the day to day Royal stuff which gives the Royals much needed visibility. William acts like he's too good for that stuff.
I think the reality of his job is hitting harder than he imagined 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Isn’t it amazing how little she’s mentioned now.
---

I think the reality of his job is hitting harder than he imagined 🤷🏼‍♀️
To some degree I agree that the reality of his job is hitting hard - particularly in light of his father's cancer diagnosis, but he needs to damn well make the effort and step up. Poor little William the reluctant King doesn't really cut it at the moment - it's little better than Harry's perpetual victimhood about being the poor little boy who walked behind his mother's coffin. The Queen has majorly stepped up for her husband. Princess Anne and the Edinburgh's (accidentally called them the Wessexes) are always there. Where is William?

Reactions: 11
To some degree I agree that the reality of his job is hitting hard - particularly in light of his father's cancer diagnosis, but he needs to damn well make the effort and step up. Poor little William the reluctant King doesn't really cut it at the moment - it's little better than Harry's perpetual victimhood about being the poor little boy who walked behind his mother's coffin. The Queen has majorly stepped up for her husband. Princess Anne and the Edinburgh's (accidentally called them the Wessexes) are always there. Where is William?
I agree they’re public property but they are human first ,I’d hate to be born into that way of life but Willie has no choice! He’ll have to take the bad with the good no matter what.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.