The Royal Family #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think Andrew has ever had it. I assume Edward has been awarded it is because its associated with Scotland and he is the Duke of Edinburgh.
As soon as it was announced that Camilla had been awarded it, I reckoned that they would be trying to avoid Queen Elizabeth's faux pas with the Honours of Scotland and that Thistle robes would be the order of the day at St Giles.

Interestingly, the Princess Royal wore her Thistle robe at the Westminster coronation even though she has the Garter and wore her Garter sash. The King often wears his Thistle sash at Trooping the Colour.

Reactions: 5
one Of my favourite Royal Videos is the one with The Queen and all the grandkids. Going horse riding. And I’m not sure of which granddaughter it was. Came out and ive got my red boots on!
I like that one too. My absolute favourite tho is the video of queen Elizabeth’s reaction to seeing a cow 🤣 worth looking it up if you haven’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Why did Anne get it?
She also has the Garter and apparently insisted on being a full knight rather than "a Lady of the Garter".

ETA from the RF's website:

In 1994, The Queen appointed The Princess Royal to the Order of the Garter. However, The Princess Royal requested to be installed as Royal Knight of the Order, and not a Lady.

Reactions: 5
I think both William and Harry have a relationship with the press and public that was very much formed by the era of 90s and 00s tabloid press and the shift in royal expectations.

Amidst that just general picture, the parasocial weirdness of being used for posters in teen magazines simply because you were born to the right parents, and the impact of being born into an unhappy marriage with parents who both seemed to have unhealthy coping mechanisms, the way the hysteria around Diana's death went down had to take a toll.
Imagine losing your mother, and then being essentially told that your grief has to be secondary to the grief of complete strangers who want to play-act at knowing her and you.

I do think we'll see a shift in the exposure and access to the royals in the coming years. I don't know that that's right or wrong, as it's such an absurd position to hold in society that I don't think there can be a correct option as such, particularly as society develops and changes - perhaps people's need to see them in the same way they're used to is a sign that they'll be unable to adapt sufficiently to stick around.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree they’re public property but they are human first ,I’d hate to be born into that way of life but Willie has no choice! He’ll have to take the bad with the good no matter what.
I thought that William's reign would have a more informal Scandanavian type of Royalty to it, but I can't see him doing that now.

Reactions: 7
I thought that William's reign would have a more informal Scandanavian type of Royalty to it, but I can't see him doing that now.
He’s basically been thrown in at the deep end, will he sink or swim?? Terrible to say but I don’t think there’s a good outlook for Charles so it’s going to be sooner than expected.

Reactions: 3
He’s basically been thrown in at the deep end, will he sink or swim?? Terrible to say but I don’t think there’s a good outlook for Charles so it’s going to be sooner than expected.
He's not quite in the deep end yet - I think that he'll swim, but as opposed to a dramatic change from Queen Elizabeth's reign, I actually don't think things will be that different. William seems to want to limit/ tightly control access - he'll get that to some degree, but he will become majorly unpopular if he expects to get that for himself, but will still rely on the Edinburgh's and Princess Anne to do the grunt work that he doesn't appear to enjoy that much. I also think as the older Royal's die off, he will need people like Beatrice Zara, and Louise to become part time/ occassional working Royals.

Reactions: 8
He's not quite in the deep end yet - I think that he'll swim, but as opposed to a dramatic change from Queen Elizabeth's reign, I actually don't think things will be that different. William seems to want to limit/ tightly control access - he'll get that to some degree, but he will become majorly unpopular if he expects to get that for himself, but will still rely on the Edinburgh's and Princess Anne to do the grunt work that he doesn't appear to enjoy that much. I also think as the older Royal's die off, he will need people like Beatrice Zara, and Louise to become part time/ occassional working Royals.
I thought he was more prepared until he did have to walk the walk?? I’m not so sure?

Reactions: 6
I thought he was more prepared until he did have to walk the walk?? I’m not so sure?
I feel a bit the same. To be fair the timing of both his father's cancer and his wife's serious health issue complicates things. It's not as if the family business is a trucking company, and he doen't want to take to the role of boss from his father, so it gets sold off though is it?

• Heart
I feel a bit the same. To be fair the timing of both his father's cancer and his wife's serious health issue complicates things. It's not as if the family business is a trucking company, and he doen't want to take to the role of boss from his father, so it gets sold off though is it?
The Queen’s a hard act to follow I always thought that monarchy would die without her 🤷🏼‍♀️ no doubting her dedication, tbh I’m not a big royalist but I’m shocked at how quick she seemed to vanish from conversation.

Reactions: 6
I like that one too. My absolute favourite tho is the video of queen Elizabeth’s reaction to seeing a cow 🤣 worth looking it up if you haven’t.
I love all the old videos of when KC And PA were kids as well. I’ll look the cow one up lol

Reactions: 3
The Queen’s a hard act to follow I always thought that monarchy would die without her 🤷🏼‍♀️ no doubting her dedication, tbh I’m not a big royalist but I’m shocked at how quick she seemed to vanish from conversation.
The King's cancer has obviously changed things significantly for the UK Royals. I thought that he'd have a short reign - 10-15 years tops, however with the cancer he may only end up with a couple of years. A changed timeline obviously changes things significantly for William - he actually may well be okay with his destiny, but is taking last opportunities to prioritise family time etc at the moment while he can - that also could be being done with the blessing of the King - lessons on adverse impacts on family life were learnt during the Charles and Diana years.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
they say from around my part of Yorkshire “ she was some woman for one woman” lol

Reactions: 10
The Times has an interesting article about all this and is slightly shading William for his laziness and refusal to accept what the public expects and wants of its royals they pay for - visibility.
I genuinely wonder what William and Kate did each day before her illness???

Reactions: 8
they say from around my part of Yorkshire “ she was some woman for one woman” lol
Not so much in my neck of the woods 😂 I’m amazed how quickly she was erased…I for one respect her selfless determination to serve until death , we won’t see dedication like that again.

• Haha
Not so much in my neck of the woods 😂 I’m amazed how quickly she was erased…I for one respect her selfless determination to serve until death , we won’t see dedication like that again.
No we won’t they dont make em like her these days!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.