The Royal Family #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are giving off stronger and stronger Duke and Duchess of Windsor vibes. Taking many things direct from the Windsor playbook it seems to me.

After his abdication the Duchess always referred to him as HRH to others and they had his coat of arms and monograms on literally everything apparently.

Harry has the same kind of petulant "what I want I must have because I'm IMPORTANT and a PRINCE" attitude -I want my wife to have all the trappings whether she's entitled or not.

I've read books on DDoW and was honestly surprised how very like him personality wise Harry is too. A bit on the thick side, but out to save the world (DoW wartime antics anyone?).

Not particularly adept sexually, so falls into the thrall of a slightly exotic seeming woman of the world who knows some interesting tricks and then expects said woman to be treated with all the pomp imaginable. But the downside is, so very thick, naive and boring that the woman (loathe to admit it but more intelligent) has to miserably fake still loving him for the perks.

Reactions: 24
This came up on my Tik Tok today ... I'd completely forgotten about it. It did make me laugh and such a bloody catchy tune. A time when we all like Prince Harry and Meghan (though Meghan looks like she hasn't a clue as to what's going on) ... My Nan, Your Nan by Greg Davies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
This came up on my Tik Tok today ... I'd completely forgotten about it. It did make me laugh and such a bloody catchy tune. A time when we all like Prince Harry and Meghan (though Meghan looks like she hasn't a clue as to what's going on) ... My Nan, Your Nan by Greg Davies.

Meghan got more of the jokes than Harry here. How did I not realise Alex Horne is th footman previously too!

Reactions: 4

Think I might have fallen in love 😋😍🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm curious to know why Charles is backwards and forwards to the hospital for treatment. If he was having chemo couldn't they do that at Sandringham? All the blood work and administration of the chemo could be done there. If he was having radiotherapy don't they do that in blocks of days? Not once a week?

Reactions: 1
I'm curious to know why Charles is backwards and forwards to the hospital for treatment. If he was having chemo couldn't they do that at Sandringham? All the blood work and administration of the chemo could be done there. If he was having radiotherapy don't they do that in blocks of days? Not once a week?
My mum's chemo was every 2 weeks and radiation daily

• Heart
Chemo meds are dangerous and need to be kept under very controlled conditions. Temperature etc. As far as I'm aware they cannot transport them easily.

Reactions: 13
So is Archwell finished?
It's still listed on the website, along with Archewell productions and a link to Sussex Royal.

The new website doesn't actually seem to add much by way of information or linking their endeavours, just looks a lot more formally done and seemingly branded as them still being royalty.

Reactions: 2
She has a right to use her coat of arms, perhaps they though it would be less controverial than using his which is almost identical to the standard royal coat of arms.Going off at a bit of a tangent I will be having a tattoo of the crest of my own coat of arms on my arm next week, a 60th birthday present from my daughter!

Reactions: 2
I’m not talking about her cypher. I meant her coat of arms.
Ah my apologises!
I wondered this and apparently it’s H&M’s version of their conjugal coat of arms. The left is meant to represent Harry and the right is meant to represent Meghan since Meghan’s coat of arms featured parts of Harry’s coat of arms. However since Charles has ascended the throne it needs updating because Harry is the son of a monarch and not an heir. The coronet needs changing as does the lapel - going from 5 points to 3 points.
It’s all a bit slapdash and if they are going to use Royal imagery they need to make sure it’s 100% correct.
I believe this is what it should technically look like as a conjugal coat of arms:

IMG_5958.jpeg

They are now calling their children Archie and Lilibet Sussex.
I thought they were Mountbatten-Windsor.
Or is this their way of clinging onto the titles in case they are removed? “They’ve taken away our children's surname!”
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think they’ve used Sussex as a surname before. 🤔

Reactions: 10
I can’t understand the surname thing, they’ve briefed that they’ve been able to use it since the coronation but surely they’ve been able to use it since the kids were born/they got the title? George Charlotte and Louis all used the Cambridge surname from the start at school etc, presumably now Wales, so I don’t see why the Sussexes were any different. I think Harry went by Harry Wales until William etc became the Prince of Wales, Megan must have still been using Markle and the kids M-W but I mean, that’s their fault, they could have all switched to Sussex the minute they got married -bizarre

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.