The Royal Family #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently Harry is going to discuss Charles' cancer on Good Morning America ..... and he wonders why no one will have anything to do with him.

I'm sure it will just be ' he's doing fine and he seems in really good spirits blah blah blah' but you can't help but think was there an ulterior motive for that quick visit.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Harry is disgusting and classless.

Remember his comments, 'I make sure there's good people around granny' nonsense?

I assume there's ulterior motive since it's mostly all about the way he can merch himself as royal since it's all they've got to sell.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Apparently Harry is going to discuss Charles' cancer on Good Morning America ..... and he wonders why no one will have anything to do with him.

I'm sure it will just be ' he's doing fine and he seems in really good spirits blah blah blah' but you can't help but think was there an ulterior motive for that quick visit.
He didn't discuss it. He just said he was glad he spent time with his dad

Reactions: 9
Hello. Can you explain this some more to me please?

If Harry and Meghan are saying that use of the Sussex name came about after the Coronation, then they are doing the exact same as the Wales'.

Archie and Lilibeth Mountbatten - Windsor pre Coronation and Sussex after.

George and siblings Cambridge pre Coronation and Wales after.
Yes, I meant why weren’t they just Sussex from birth but someone pointed out it was due to them not being Prince or Princess until the coronation. I just wondered why they weren’t entitled to it from birth that’s all

Yes, I meant why weren’t they just Sussex from birth but someone pointed out it was due to them not being Prince or Princess until the coronation. I just wondered why they weren’t entitled to it from birth that’s all
Because they weren’t the children or grandchildren of the monarch. The, then Cambridglings, only were titled because HMTQ issued a patent to ensure the main line would be titled accordingly. The second she died all of Charles‘ grandchildren became P/P.

I do think H could have very well avoided any questions about his father. That stuff is cleared before the visit. He also could have said, he is not going to comment on his father’s health. All smiling to not bring in KCIII. on his deathbed headlines. I don’t think most people would be judging them on the cipher/coat of arms/titles/surnames that hard if they hadn’t acted as they did

Reactions: 8
I do think H could have very well avoided any questions about his father. That stuff is cleared before the visit. He also could have said, he is not going to comment on his father’s health.
To be fair he did say the details would stay between Charles and him. I think he has to say something generic just like William and Camilla have done on engagements. He kept it short and non specific so I think it was ok

Reactions: 11
Their official titles are Princess/Prince of Sussex if I am correct but when they announced Lili’s birth they just referred to her as Princess Lilibet Diana. So I suppose technically they are correct in calling them Prince and Princess but is weird because they made a fuss about it and then wanted to be private.
---

Yes there was a brouhaha just before Andrew was born as someone pointed out that he’d have 'the Badge of Bastardy' - Charles and Anne had Mountbatten as their father’s surname but Churchill was outraged at Elizabeth wanting to incorporate Mountbatten into the family name and forced her to declare the family would be known as the ‘House and Family of Windsor’. Therefore Andrew would be known as Andrew Windsor which was not at all appropriate as it would be his mother’s surname, not his father’s! So 11 days before the birth of Prince Andrew, the Queen made a new declaration saying that she had adopted Mountbatten-Windsor as the name for all her descendants who did not enjoy the title of His or Her Royal Highness - saving anyone any blushes. It’s a 'hidden' or 'latent' surname to be used by any of the Monarch’s children should they lose their titles, and passed on to their descendants and used by them when the use of a surname becomes necessary - like with passports one would assume.
Sussex is not their surname, same as Cambridge is not the surname of Charlotte, George and Louis. Their family name is Mounbatten-Windsor, the whole Royal Family, including Princess Ann, Prince Edward and the rest all have that name on their passports.
Sussex and Cambridge have been taken from their 'Dukedoms' although the 'Cambridge' children could now use 'Wales' as their surname as William is now the Prince of Wales. It is just a custom which has been used for centuries by our Monarchy.

Reactions: 4
Because they weren’t the children or grandchildren of the monarch. The, then Cambridglings, only were titled because HMTQ issued a patent to ensure the main line would be titled accordingly. The second she died all of Charles‘ grandchildren became P/P.

I do think H could have very well avoided any questions about his father. That stuff is cleared before the visit. He also could have said, he is not going to comment on his father’s health. All smiling to not bring in KCIII. on his deathbed headlines. I don’t think most people would be judging them on the cipher/coat of arms/titles/surnames that hard if they hadn’t acted as they did
Yes, it was the change to the primogeniture away from male to first born regardless that prompted the change when Kate was pregnant for the first time. The ‘rules’ said that the first born son of the heir to the Prince of Wales would always be Prince, regardless of the grandparent ‘great’ status due to being the heir. However, there was a chance that their baby would be a girl and the heir. Coupled with the fact that any subsequent boy born would be Prince and take precedence over the actual heir, a bit of Letters Patenting rewriting went on.

I think a lot of the problems with the royal family is that until very recently they didn’t actually have a surname at all. Even Edward VII just took Albert’s ‘of’ for his. Victoria and all the George’s were basically just ‘House of Hanover’. And the House of Windsor, with Windsor as the actual family name came about in 1917 when George V thought a less Germanic name might be prudent.

Sussex is not their surname, same as Cambridge is not the surname of Charlotte, George and Louis. Their family name is Mounbatten-Windsor, the whole Royal Family, including Princess Ann, Prince Edward and the rest all have that name on their passports.
Sussex and Cambridge have been taken from their 'Dukedoms' although the 'Cambridge' children could now use 'Wales' as their surname as William is now the Prince of Wales. It is just a custom which has been used for centuries by our Monarchy.
I never said Sussex is their surname?

Last edited:
He didn't discuss it. He just said he was glad he spent time with his dad
To be fair he did say the details would stay between Charles and him. I think he has to say something generic just like William and Camilla have done on engagements. He kept it short and non specific so I think it was ok
That's fair enough. I just don't trust him after the last couple of years.

Reactions: 3
I'm quite neutral to Harry and Meghan, I think there's been big faults on both sides, but does he really think "illness can bring family back together" when the same courtesy wasn't extended to Meghan's father? Granted he was selling himself to the press but it's not like Charles hasn't had his own mouthpieces briefing the press. I don't know how he can say it with a straight face!

Reactions: 17

Surely not even he can be that thick / clueless ? That does tie up with his lightning visit which didn't fit with KC3's schedule though...

lordy he makes me queasy.

Reactions: 1
Surely not even he can be that thick / clueless ? That does tie up with his lightning visit which didn't fit with KC3's schedule though...

lordy he makes me queasy.
Come on, people. He went on GMA to plug the invictus games and obviously had to field a couple of questions about his dad. He kept it polite and obviously the media made the KC3 stuff the headline because that’s what they do.

Honestly, so many people are just ready to get mad the second Harry does anything. Guy could save a kid from a fire and y’all would still claim that he started it himself for the attention. 😂😂

It’s just a website and a few minutes on GMA. No need to panic. Save the panic for if anyone spots Paddington behind Princess Anne or something!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Come on, people. He went on GMA to plug the invictus games and obviously had to field a couple of questions about his dad. He kept it polite and obviously the media made the KC3 stuff the headline because that’s what they do.

Honestly, so many people are just ready to get mad the second Harry does anything. Guy could save a kid from a fire and y’all would still claim that he started it himself for the attention. 😂😂

It’s just a website and a few minutes on GMA. No need to panic. Save the panic for if anyone spots Paddington behind Princess Anne or something!
Really don't like Harry but you're spot on here. He's going to be asked about it and it was a much better answer than when he was asked about the Queen being ill.

Reactions: 11
Times is reporting that Harry might be on the way back to a temporary royal role. He would like to do it apparently, to help out whilst Charles is ill.
Does anyone else feel this is very unlikely??

Times is reporting that Harry might be on the way back to a temporary royal role. He would like to do it apparently, to help out whilst Charles is ill.
Does anyone else feel this is very unlikely??
I think it's unlikely, but I can also see that it might be a brilliant way for him to test the water and see how the public felt about it if he was considering separating from Meghan and coming back to the UK :/

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wouldn’t be that shocked if during the reign of Charles they end up with their proposed half in half out plan. I think Charles wants a relationship with his grandkids and would be willing to find an agreement. I can’t really see what kind of temporary royal role they would even need Harry to do though. William is back next week apparently, Charles is still doing all the BTS stuff, and providing her recovery is on track it’s only another 6 ish weeks until Kate will be back, what would Harry even do?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.