The Royal Family #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If the press know anything, they will sit on it until it’s advantageous to print it. At the minute it isn’t, they have enough fodder with Harry being the black hat and William being the white hat and they aren’t about to switcheroo on that. Look how long they sat on the tapes of the Charles and Camilla phone call, and that was an open secret.

Reactions: 10
The British press are certainly aware of the situation with R but they won’t print it yet. They played such a part in Diana’s undoing in the 90’s that they know how this would unravel. I actually believe that the RF would be finished if this came out and they know it as well.

I personally feel that K is too good for the RF and as it stands right now, she’s probably the most popular. Another conversation with my friend brought up so many things I hadn’t thought of and Kate clearly isn’t stupid. She enjoys her role, would never want to be separated from her children but the thought of her being unhappy and unwell is very sad.

As it stands right now the British press are putting all their energy into slating Harry and as long as they’ve got someone to ridicule they are happy but trust me, it will come out and it won’t end well.

All the rumours that Meghan was behind the affair allegations maybe true but it’s only because she knew what was going on via Harry.

Harry hasn’t made good choices but he’s damaged so I give him leeway but he knows…
---
If the press know anything, they will sit on it until it’s advantageous to print it. At the minute it isn’t, they have enough fodder with Harry being the black hat and William being the white hat and they aren’t about to switcheroo on that. Look how long they sat on the tapes of the Charles and Camilla phone call, and that was an open secret.
Exactly! They know for sure! It’s just not the right time for them YET!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I have no clue whether or not the William affairs rumours are true as to my eye the evidence presented has been insufficient to form any opinions. As a result I choose to believe they are an aristocratic polycule for my own entertainment.
Had to google polycule, thank you for expanding my knowledge today. But I still prefer throuple.

I cant see W cheating, but what do i know? More than that, I cant see K putting up with it. Carole Middleton and Pippa would be all over her, telling her to sack him off!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Had to google polycule, thank you for expanding my knowledge today. But I still prefer throuple.

I cant see W cheating, but what do i know? More than that, I cant see K putting up with it. Carole Middleton and Pippa would be all over her, telling her to sack him off!
I doubt that somehow. I think they all know the score and what is maybe just accepted as part of being in a Royal marriage.
But maybe I'm just cynical. I tend to think most of them have affairs.

Reactions: 22

Somehow, whatever is going on or. It, I can’t see Carole saying that 😁. Quite the reverse …

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I find it very difficult to believe, knowing how close Kate is to her family, that Pippa's daughter would be called Rose if there was any truth to that particular rumour.

Reactions: 37
The British press are certainly aware of the situation with R but they won’t print it yet. They played such a part in Diana’s undoing in the 90’s that they know how this would unravel. I actually believe that the RF would be finished if this came out and they know it as well.

I personally feel that K is too good for the RF and as it stands right now, she’s probably the most popular. Another conversation with my friend brought up so many things I hadn’t thought of and Kate clearly isn’t stupid. She enjoys her role, would never want to be separated from her children but the thought of her being unhappy and unwell is very sad.

As it stands right now the British press are putting all their energy into slating Harry and as long as they’ve got someone to ridicule they are happy but trust me, it will come out and it won’t end well.

All the rumours that Meghan was behind the affair allegations maybe true but it’s only because she knew what was going on via Harry.

Harry hasn’t made good choices but he’s damaged so I give him leeway but he knows…
---

I think that we all overestimate what press knows. If British press knows then Italian and French and American press knows too (all press companies are multinational) There would be at least one rag in the world to print it in details. Also if I remember correctly didn't Kate recently partied with said Rose? I can believe that Kate tolerate cheating because of queendom, but to party with supposed mistress no.
Another point: children. They are still young enough that bad relations within family could not be hidden.

I don't say that he does or doesn't, their problem, but Rose would be to obvious. As I said to DH when we were discussing the subject in our youth: "If you can give me 5 orgas... a day for a month and have strength to live normal life, you're national treasure and should be shared. Of course, I retain the rights to find another source of pleasure ...." :)

Reactions: 4
I find it very difficult to believe, knowing how close Kate is to her family, that Pippa's daughter would be called Rose if there was any truth to that particular rumour.
I think this too. Then people say like “oh but the upper circles move in different ways to normal people”. But I’m not sure it devoids them of feelings. I don’t know many women who wouldn’t be utterly devastated by this. It’s one thing to accept your husband is having an affair, it’s quite another to have your sister name their daughter the same name as your husbands bit on the side….!

Reactions: 21
Eamon Holmes pissed me off in that interview saying "women don't know they're born" because we don't know what it is to have to go for prostate exams. Excuse me, we have to go and have a doctor shove their finger in our vagina and feel around for abnormalities - it's the exact same bloody thing. He's an elderly married man, how could he possibly not know this?
Jesus is that what he said?! I’ve just had a baby. Ive spent the last 48 hours having every Dr, midwife and anaesthetist and their dog having a good old look up there and root around. I then had a theatre delivery with about 10 people in the room having a good old look and a load of stitches up my arse that a nurse will have to look at later today. I think as my husband has learnt in the last couple of days, men do not know they’re born.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Carole - according to Katie Nicholl who had some friendliness with the Middletons and their coterie back when that book about Kate was out she had written - pushed Kate to reconcile with William during one of their break ups at their house (hint hint use the bedroom), so I doubt she'd care much about cheating. The family spent a lot of money and effort to keep William happy, none of 'em would let a full break happen!

Throuple is more of a fun word imo.

Congratulations on the baby @wishiniwasskinny ! I hope you recover from everything fast.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can see your point, but the Daily Mail is also this:

View attachment 2712729

I can’t imagine the Daily Mail editors thinking beyond the £££ signs, and that would be great entertainment to them!

I kind of think that people are more accepting now of indiscretions. I was genuinely so shocked at the amount of people who were just like: 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ at the face Boris Johnson had proper parties and gatherings during lockdowns. If it had been like 10 years ago he’d have had to resign instantly but now it seems like being an asshole is accepted as almost fine!
That gif is so accurate to describe the Daily Mail!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think that we all overestimate what press knows. If British press knows then Italian and French and American press knows too (all press companies are multinational) There would be at least one rag in the world to print it in details. […]
That’s what I think. Some tabloids have gone the route but quickly dropped it again. No way they wouldn’t have used the drama if there was something to find indeed. Instead it went the usual way all cheating gossip stuff went- some very vague questions what x thinks about their spouse spending time with y. But nothing concrete. Kate’s topless pictures were printed too. Not by the UK tabloids but a French or Italian one. No way no tabloid would sit quietly on the story.
It‘s true though that H&M still work good as whipping boys. But the tide is turning. They don’t hold the attention anymore. So who knows when the tabloids turn in for another inevitable round of hating on W&sky
I don’t think an affair would end the RF though. Wiliam would publicly repent and all would be forgiven.

Reactions: 6
That’s what I think. Some tabloids have gone the route but quickly dropped it again. No way they wouldn’t have used the drama if there was something to find indeed. Instead it went the usual way all cheating gossip stuff went- some very vague questions what x thinks about their spouse spending time with y. But nothing concrete. Kate’s topless pictures were printed too. Not by the UK tabloids but a French or Italian one. No way no tabloid would sit quietly on the story.
It‘s true though that H&M still work good as whipping boys. But the tide is turning. They don’t hold the attention anymore. So who knows when the tabloids turn in for another inevitable round of hating on W&sky
I don’t think an affair would end the RF though. Wiliam would publicly repent and all would be forgiven.
It’s all hypothetical but I wonder how bothered people would be. I don’t think people have the same belief in RF as role models anymore. If there was one and it was in the papers then I think people would soak up the gossip and drama but if they remained married then that would be that. I don’t think they would be doing TV interviews like in the nineties.

Reactions: 6
It’s all hypothetical but I wonder how bothered people would be. I don’t think people have the same belief in RF as role models anymore. If there was one and it was in the papers then I think people would soak up the gossip and drama but if they remained married then that would be that. I don’t think they would be doing TV interviews like in the nineties.
Not bothered at all. We survived all type of shocks that there can be: elected presidents and premiers who under oath "don't have sexual relationship", proven bribes of elected officials, priests who rape, nuns that abuse children, war in Europe ... So unfaithful heir to the throne is just Game of Thrones alive.

I doubt that somehow. I think they all know the score and what is maybe just accepted as part of being in a Royal marriage.
But maybe I'm just cynical. I tend to think most of them have affairs.
Hadnt thought of it that way, maybe Carole would say stick with it, it's worth it. Hmmmmm
---
Somehow, whatever is going on or. It, I can’t see Carole saying that 😁. Quite the reverse …
Im beginning to think I'm being a bit naive about this royal marriage malarkey and i can see what you mean.

Carole - according to Katie Nicholl who had some friendliness with the Middletons and their coterie back when that book about Kate was out she had written - pushed Kate to reconcile with William during one of their break ups at their house (hint hint use the bedroom), so I doubt she'd care much about cheating. The family spent a lot of money and effort to keep William happy, none of 'em would let a full break happen!

Throuple is more of a fun word imo.

Congratulations on the baby @wishiniwasskinny ! I hope you recover from everything fast.
I like it better as well. Is it ok to say the real Throuple is probably Kate-Wiliam-Carole? I do think she has/had lots of influence on them. How much it is changes based on my current mood though. sometimes I am very inclined to believe there are three in this marriage, although very different than the CCD trainwreck.

Reactions: 5
If William was cheating it wouldn't put the monarchy in danger per se. The decrease in popularity of the monarchy is coming from the questioning of the hereditary principle and the costs to sustain it.

People don't lose their job or their position for cheating, it's neither illegal (Andrew) or perceived as something especially vicious (Andrew again). Plus, cheating is quite common. It's more how they would deal it. Many people forgive their partner for cheating - without even needing the incentive of a crown to do so. The idea that Kate would forgive William "just" to become Queen is following the same narrative that Kate is just a social climber, that somehow is quite a regular thing when a women from a lower social position maries someone higher up. An affair is not that shocking nowadays - I think people would be more interested to see how Kate/William would react if the other one cheats than deciding that's the reason why William cannot become King. Afterall - Charles did become King and married his mistress and most current critics about him nowadays are not about the fact he cheated on Diana but more about the need of having a King or not, the advantages the Monarch gets in term of influence over the writting of laws etc. or the huge amount of wealth and lands that the monarchy owns (and the secrecy around).

I don't know if William or Kate have an affair but I think that if it is the case they would be very careful about it because I don't think any of them want their kids to grow in the same atmosphere than Harry and William with the press exploiting the cheating scandal and then the divorce. The biggest victims of Charles' affair being put on the spotlights were Harry and William. What made it worse was the fight that Diana and Charles sustained against each other in the medias. I think whatever William/Kate might do they would be probably smarter than Charles and Diana. Another point is that Diana was seen as a victim because she married Charles at a very young age while he was older and was basically a prop for the monarchy. This cannot be said about Kate - they dated for a long time, she knew in what she was walking in and if I can see some sympathy expressed to Kate if one day we learn about an affair, she won't be seen as the young exploited bride who got cheated on.

Reactions: 9
I like it better as well. Is it ok to say the real Throuple is probably Kate-Wiliam-Carole? I do think she has/had lots of influence on them. How much it is changes based on my current mood though. sometimes I am very inclined to believe there are three in this marriage, although very different than the CCD trainwreck.
I think he relies a lot on her family and they really took advantage of that, as any family would - he wanted the stability of a middle class 'normal' family, and they worship the ground he walks on as I think men like him demand. They paid for the holidays, they really pushed Kate to take him back over and over. I think he values Kate's loyalty, loves that about her, and her family's loyalty when he is a wary man - rightly so I think you would be wary and cautious of people living this life and who'd want an 'in'.

It all worked out in the end and I think regardless of affairs and behaviors things work for them. I can't imagine being in a marriage with someone and knowing they could cheat on me regardless of the status I got from said marriage!

If William was cheating it wouldn't put the monarchy in danger per se. The decrease in popularity of the monarchy is coming from the questioning of the hereditary principle and the costs to sustain it.

People don't lose their job or their position for cheating, it's neither illegal (Andrew) or perceived as something especially vicious (Andrew again). Plus, cheating is quite common. It's more how they would deal it. Many people forgive their partner for cheating - without even needing the incentive of a crown to do so. The idea that Kate would forgive William "just" to become Queen is following the same narrative that Kate is just a social climber, that somehow is quite a regular thing when a women from a lower social position maries someone higher up. An affair is not that shocking nowadays - I think people would be more interested to see how Kate/William would react if the other one cheats than deciding that's the reason why William cannot become King. Afterall - Charles did become King and married his mistress and most current critics about him nowadays are not about the fact he cheated on Diana but more about the need of having a King or not, the advantages the Monarch gets in term of influence over the writting of laws etc. or the huge amount of wealth and lands that the monarchy owns (and the secrecy around).

I don't know if William or Kate have an affair but I think that if it is the case they would be very careful about it because I don't think any of them want their kids to grow in the same atmosphere than Harry and William with the press exploiting the cheating scandal and then the divorce. The biggest victims of Charles' affair being put on the spotlights were Harry and William. What made it worse was the fight that Diana and Charles sustained against each other in the medias. I think whatever William/Kate might do they would be probably smarter than Charles and Diana. Another point is that Diana was seen as a victim because she married Charles at a very young age while he was older and was basically a prop for the monarchy. This cannot be said about Kate - they dated for a long time, she knew in what she was walking in and if I can see some sympathy expressed to Kate if one day we learn about an affair, she won't be seen as the young exploited bride who got cheated on.
I have to say that just about every relationship I know of where cheating has been a thing, none of them have survived. They might not have broken up immediately, although some have, but within a year to 18 months’ they‘re over. I can only think of one where she kept on taking him back and taking him back … but even then when the kids left home, so did she.

Reactions: 3

---

Is this you Megan? You really are banging on about what your friend supposedly knows. Speculation entirely.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.