The Royal Family #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Harry and Meghan at the premier of the Bob Marley movie last night with the Prime Minister of Jamaica.

Is it not odd for royalty to make unscheduled meetings with heads of state? In fact isnt it usually criticised?

(also, her face looks different, maybe jaw?)
View attachment 2710883
Has the picture been photoshopped? She looks odd and at quick glance it doesn’t instantly scream Megan Markle like wvery other picture of her on the internet.

Reactions: 5
@Boring Monday And as far as I am concerned Mary isn’t standing by passively. The gossip says she drove one of his affairs out of the country. This time she got a crown. That is if one believes all the cheating stories of course.

I do think it’s weird to fly to Jamaika for a movie premiere. Carbon footprint isn’t quite as problematic when it suits you I guess. Especially easy when climate change affects the poorer countries and people much more than our western counties. At least for now. Humanism? Only when it is easy and convenient. (I am not shaming anyone for their carbon footprint- as long as they don’t try to establish themselves as environmentalist and humanists, fighting against racism and so on.)

Posing with the Jamaican PM is pretty on brand for them. The poor couple driven out of the RF through Racism is the perfect photo op for him. Jamaica has scheduled a referendum this year to decide if they want to server ties with the British monarchy. There is also the question of reparations. Not begrudging Jamaica the decision. It will be their choice and it should be. But this photo is transactional and nothing else. Not a problem though.

Reactions: 11
Being too young to remember it the only thing I’ve really heard/read is Prince Phillip said no and while Charles and Diana wasn’t an arranged marriage it was it was sort of pushed. And looking from the outside in neither were particularly happy with each other. But the only ones that knows what really went on are the two in the actual relationship and it’s easy for others to speculate about it.
My reading of the situation was that Charles couldn't marry who he wanted to. Camilla didn't want to and it was actively prohibited by several parties. Charles was under a lot of pressure to get married and produce some heirs. The media at the time were constantly speculating when he was going to get married and if he was ever spotted with a female it was all about 'is she the one' . Diana came along and was a very young, innocent girl with no history and from the right background. I think she was caught up with the idea of love and Charles by then just thought 'she'll do' .

Reactions: 14
@Boring Monday And as far as I am concerned Mary isn’t standing by passively. The gossip says she drove one of his affairs out of the country. This time she got a crown. That is if one believes all the cheating stories of course.

I do think it’s weird to fly to Jamaika for a movie premiere. Carbon footprint isn’t quite as problematic when it suits you I guess. Especially easy when climate change affects the poorer countries and people much more than our western counties. At least for now. Humanism? Only when it is easy and convenient. (I am not shaming anyone for their carbon footprint- as long as they don’t try to establish themselves as environmentalist and humanists, fighting against racism and so on.)

Posing with the Jamaican PM is pretty on brand for them. The poor couple driven out of the RF through Racism is the perfect photo op for him. Jamaica has scheduled a referendum this year to decide if they want to server ties with the British monarchy. There is also the question of reparations. Not begrudging Jamaica the decision. It will be their choice and it should be. But this photo is transactional and nothing else. Not a problem though.
Well exactly, she stayed and got the crown.
---
My reading of the situation was that Charles couldn't marry who he wanted to. Camilla didn't want to and it was actively prohibited by several parties. Charles was under a lot of pressure to get married and produce some heirs. The media at the time were constantly speculating when he was going to get married and if he was ever spotted with a female it was all about 'is she the one' . Diana came along and was a very young, innocent girl with no history and from the right background. I think she was caught up with the idea of love and Charles by then just thought 'she'll do' .
I think at the time, Camilla was always just that bit more in love with Andrew Parker-Bowles. She met Charles when APB was away on deployment with the Army and married him when Charles on deployment with the Navy. Of course, there was also the outmoded even then idea that she wasn’t suitable because she’d had other boyfriends (shock, horror)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
She does look different in that photo but on the news she looked the same as always (bit thinner maybe) in the video from last night

Reactions: 1
They aren’t working Royals, otherwise yes it would be odd. However I think this is being criticised by some sections of the media today
---

I think it’s a combination of Boston, darker eyebrows and weight loss. She’s looking thinner than usual.
View attachment 2710894View attachment 2710895
The eyebrows! I always forget how much of a difference they make. However, there are other shots where her chin\jaw looks reduced too. v strange. Maybe jaw filler.
1706105678428.png

Reactions: 2
It's definitely around the eyes that she looks different. I've looked at several photos and he doesn't look like she normally does.

Reactions: 2
You're quite right. If Kate knows and it's ok with her, we can only comment from our personal point of value (would we or wouldn't tolerate it).

But to be equal, I would like to know who is Kate's flirt? Why is she always put in passive position? I don't think she's as passive as projected in public.
Remember before the children came along she did a lot of sailing with Ben Ainslie? She had great chemistry with him, she always looked very smiley and giggly in his company. Not casting aspersions just a thought that she may find another man attractive as well as her husband (and Ben is quite sexy! Or at least was back then!)

Harry and Meghan at the premier of the Bob Marley movie last night with the Prime Minister of Jamaica.

Is it not odd for royalty to make unscheduled meetings with heads of state? In fact isnt it usually criticised?

(also, her face looks different, maybe jaw?)
View attachment 2710883
Even more odd for two people who don’t actually have a job to make meetings with him.

Might have been the angles and camera quality, but some pictures of her recently have had that ozempic look about them

Reactions: 5
Regarding Charles and Diana it’s well documented that the Queen Mother and Lady Fermoy, (Diana’s grandmother and lady in waiting to the QM) were instigators of the marriage. Diana was young and in love with the idea of being a Princess. It’s sad that Charles not being allowed to marry who he wanted ( vetoed by Mountbatten and the QM) destroyed a young girl’s life and made them both so miserable.

Reactions: 11
Regarding Charles and Diana it’s well documented that the Queen Mother and Lady Fermoy, (Diana’s grandmother and lady in waiting to the QM) were instigators of the marriage. Diana was young and in love with the idea of being a Princess. It’s sad that Charles not being allowed to marry who he wanted ( vetoed by Mountbatten and the QM) destroyed a young girl’s life and made them both so miserable.
That always supposes that Camilla would have said yes, then though and I'm not absolutely convinced she would. It was Andrew PB for her at that point.

Reactions: 8
You're quite right. If Kate knows and it's ok with her, we can only comment from our personal point of value (would we or wouldn't tolerate it).

But to be equal, I would like to know who is Kate's flirt? Why is she always put in passive position? I don't think she's as passive as projected in public.
This is all making me laugh so much, such utter speculation. I don’t buy it. Kate has real superstar power. Why do you all think she would be okay with the man she has loved for 2 decades having a mistress?
---
IMG_1040.jpeg

Said it before, I’ll say it again - incomparable. If it is true, and I don’t think it is, then any respect I had for William would be gone.beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yes, but as someone said - if William cannot see his wife, and mother of his three children. for the superstar she is, he is not worthy of her or the crown.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Meghan seems like she cannot move her forehead - her eyebrows seem frozen. Not bashing her though as being a woman under the spotlight is hard. But I would love to see more celebrities embracing the natural aging process. We are getting used to see women over 40 ears old like Meghan having a wrinkle-free forehead, which is unattainable without botox and other cosmetic procedures. Plus, it kinda looks weird but when you only see this you might believe that's how a forehead should look.

• Heart
This is all making me laugh so much, such utter speculation. I don’t buy it. Kate has real superstar power. Why do you all think she would be okay with the man she has loved for 2 decades having a mistress?
---
View attachment 2711240
Said it before, I’ll say it again - incomparable. If it is true, and I don’t think it is, then any respect I had for William would be gone.beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yes, but as someone said - if William cannot see his wife, and mother of his three children. for the superstar she is, he is not worthy of her or the crown.
Affairs aren’t about looks or Liz Taylor wouldn’t have been cheated on (let alone Charles and Diana). No one knows what goes on behind closed doors however much the Daily Mail, Lady C or Judi James thinks they do. Maybe the way she eats lettuce drives him up the wall and possibly the way he straightens his tie makes her want to strangle him with it. There are as many reasons for people having affairs as there are people having ‘em … and a good proportion will be with someone not as conventionally attractive as their spouse, people who claim to love their spouse and who don’t actually want it to be a marriage ender. (Again, With the rider … not an actual clue but you can’t just say it’s not true because she’s not as pretty as Kate).

Reactions: 26
he is not worthy of her or the crown.
That’ll be the majority of our monarchs. Having a mistress or multiple seems to be a common things and accepted in aristo circles. No idea why.
---
No one would be ok with their partner having an affair but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. Plus their marriage is as much a business as it is a relationship. If William was cheating then Kate would have to look the other way as the fall out could be catastrophic for the Royal family. Kate may have real superstar power to you or others who see her as a Princess/representative of the UK/etc but as a wife, maybe not - who knows. It’s all speculation, but to write it off because of Kate’s looks or her longevity with William is a bit simplistic.

Reactions: 14
---
View attachment 2711240
Modern open marriage, not unheard of. Obviously, because of "faith", "family value" etc, couldn't be public, but in private... Also if we are crude and crass, why not swinging scheme? Or more ... Will is Kate beard...As far as both are consenting adults, I have no problem with whatever rock your boat. I have problem with "grasping" Kate, "poor" William (no one wanted to marry him, only Kate...) etc. Both were 30, so not out of school room ingenues. Even if they have business deal, it's ok. They don't go around and torture people with it. So that's my problem with Meghan and Harry (oh poor me).

Also I'm pissed because it's always "woman" fault. It's always woman that is projected subservient in all internet conversations, except if when she is a witch. That's why Meghan initially had my sympathy (till engagement interview).

---
View attachment 2711240
Correct me if I'm wrong but by your standards, Charles does not deserve to be king? He cheated on Diana throughout the marriage and Diana brought rapport to the RF with the public that wasn't seen before, but he was jealous and didn't like it.

The only qualifier to being the monarch is being the heir of the previous monarch, once you start going down the line of he she should be king cos of xyz it makes the whole monarchy look even more of a joke than it does in the modern era. Should william therfore abdicate in favour of george?. I'm not for cheating but I'm not naive enough to believe moral purity is how leaders should be picked

That always supposes that Camilla would have said yes, then though and I'm not absolutely convinced she would. It was Andrew PB for her at that point.
Camilla didn't, as far as I know. Camilla was shrewd enough and had been in those circles long enough to know she herself wasn't suitable to marry Charles. At that time she didn't want that. Plus APB was on the scene and a much more fun prospect.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.