The Royal Family #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lots of chat on the last thread about Kate and Charles health issues. Carry on here!

Reactions: 11
For the immediate bruising and swelling phase, two weeks is reasonable, based on what I remember from my mother. It was very traumatic seeing my mom like that (I was 16). Kate’s children are much younger. So I can see her instinct to protect them from seeing the worst of it by staying somewhere. Maybe she timed it until they were back in school and busy after the holidays. Full recovery is three months.

In this case, saying abdominal is a lie. But if she hasn’t said it, everyone would have jumped to plastic surgery. It was a lose lose. Or maybe she had something else done too so it’s not a lie.
It sounds like your mum's facelift was a while ago. Techniques have advanced significantly. They're usually home the same day and back to work within a week after one. This is Grimes 1 week post op-ponytail lift (and lip lift I believe), swollen but she wouldn't terrify children by any means.

1705784746013.png

I agree with whoever it was in the last thread who suspected that the reason she's in is more due to catheters and bags, and it being felt more dignified for her to be nursed in hospital vs having to get nurses vetted to be permitted into Kensington Palace.

Reactions: 9
I definitely think it’s bowel related as I know a few people who had bowel problems that ended up with surgery, a long hospital stay and a long recovery.

Reactions: 7
I was expecting to hear something today in terms of the children visiting Catherine. Thankfully not and the press aren’t intruding. I hope they don’t make her do the front steps photo call as she leaves. It would be my worst nightmare. I think I’d be sick.

Picking up on the post in the last thread about realising how fragile the whole RF currently is.

If anything did happen to Charles and then William (I know it’s a bit far fetched but it’s not impossible) then I think Kate would be in line to be Regent (certainly before Harry and Andrew!) so if she is more fragile than we previously thought, it does make you realise there aren’t many spares. I really don’t see the Yorks being involved in royal life, they have been so effectively shunted aside. Princess Anne isn’t young at all.

I read somewhere that the Councillor of State role has been limited to working royals only which rules out Andrew, Beatrice and Harry even if they technically hold the office by where they are in the line of succession.

No way is Kate having a facelift as many have already said the scrutiny would be immense once she reappears in the public eye. She most likely gets tweakments regularly though so nobody really notices.
According to the line of succession it’s most definitely Harry who would be Regent until George is 18. Andrew might try to jostle in and Anne would do her best but it will be Harry. If he refuses then I’m not sure what happens.

Reactions: 8
No way is Kate having a facelift as many have already said the scrutiny would be immense once she reappears in the public eye. She most likely gets tweakments regularly though so nobody really notices.
According to the line of succession it’s most definitely Harry who would be Regent until George is 18. Andrew might try to jostle in and Anne would do her best but it will be Harry. If he refuses then I’m not sure what happens.
I do wonder if they'll work on a new Regency Act before WIlliam is king, or leave it as Charles has an heir old enough to rule. If not, and it was left to the current provisions Harry would be up first, Andrew next in line after him. Neither would be ideal.

Reactions: 5
It sounds like your mum's facelift was a while ago. Techniques have advanced significantly. They're usually home the same day and back to work within a week after one. This is Grimes 1 week post op-ponytail lift (and lip lift I believe), swollen but she wouldn't terrify children by any means.

View attachment 2703492

I agree with whoever it was in the last thread who suspected that the reason she's in is more due to catheters and bags, and it being felt more dignified for her to be nursed in hospital vs having to get nurses vetted to be permitted into Kensington Palace.
Why on earth did Grimes get these surgeries?! Madness.

Reactions: 8
I believe Princess Anne steps in
With all due respect, Anne is not far behind in age from Charles, i believe shes at least 70. It should not have got to a stage where we have so few working royals below 60 YO.

I know hindsight is 20 20 but, Charles and Diana should've had another kid. An heir and a spare is not good enough, particularly when you factor in unexpected deaths, abdication etc and it seems for quite a few of generations, there has always been at least 1 child of the monarch who has been or become unsuitable to be a working royal:
Harry, Andrew, Edward 8th etc.

If they are going to insist on having a slim downed monarchy, every heir needs to have at least 3 children. This is all irrelevant if the uk becomes a republic

Reactions: 10
I definitely think it’s bowel related as I know a few people who had bowel problems that ended up with surgery, a long hospital stay and a long recovery.
They were also heavily involved with ‘Bowel Babe’ before she passed away from bowel cancer aged 40.
William visited her family after she died.

Reactions: 20
The fact the papers are very quiet on this subject makes me think there is more to it and they’ve been told more than we know.

Reactions: 24
The fact the papers are very quiet on this subject makes me think there is more to it and they’ve been told more than we know.
Yes it looks like it is quite serious and a bit of a shock for everyone. The BM have been briefed and have all backed off.

Reactions: 18
With all due respect, Anne is not far behind in age from Charles, i believe shes at least 70. It should not have got to a stage where we have so few working royals below 60 YO.

I know hindsight is 20 20 but, Charles and Diana should've had another kid. An heir and a spare is not good enough, particularly when you factor in unexpected deaths, abdication etc and it seems for quite a few of generations, there has always been at least 1 child of the monarch who has been or become unsuitable to be a working royal:
Harry, Andrew, Edward 8th etc.

If they are going to insist on having a slim downed monarchy, every heir needs to have at least 3 children. This is all irrelevant if the uk becomes a republic
Harry as a "middle" child? He would have thought that worse than being a "spare"

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I think also that it’s something quite series and unexpected.
The fact that William is taking not just time off when she’s in hospital but also at home makes me think that.
I get that whens shes in hospital he would want to be around but once she’s home you would think he would manage to go out for an afternoon or day for engagements .
It’s not like he has to do anything in the house like normal people would and they have a nanny for the kids!
Also with the King being out of action you would think he would need to step up and help more if he could.
However I think she’s entitled to keep it private, hope she make a good recovery.
and the press are strangely quiet…

Reactions: 15
I agree that it's odd William is doing nothing at all for all that time, especially with KC3 being out of action. Mind you, he is somewhat workshy at the best of times.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.