The Royal Family #43

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Camilla didn't, as far as I know. Camilla was shrewd enough and had been in those circles long enough to know she herself wasn't suitable to marry Charles. At that time she didn't want that. Plus APB was on the scene and a much more fun prospect.
Yes lots of ladies wanted APB and she was the one who got him. No-one wanted to marry Charles so she was the cat who got the cream. Until all those ladies started having affairs with Andrew behind her back of course and then Charles seemed like a good bet as he was unhappy with Diana and just wanted someone to love him

Reactions: 10
Well exactly, she stayed and got the crown.
---

I think at the time, Camilla was always just that bit more in love with Andrew Parker-Bowles. She met Charles when APB was away on deployment with the Army and married him when Charles on deployment with the Navy. Of course, there was also the outmoded even then idea that she wasn’t suitable because she’d had other boyfriends (shock, horror)
Shewas known as "the London bike" because she slept with half of London's aristocracy.

She couldn't marry Charles for that reason plus she was Catholic

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I didn’t know until recently that Andrew Parker-Bowles was one of the inspirations behind Rupert Campbell-Black (for Jilly Cooper fans..).

I don't think Charles & Camilla having a relationship in the 70s, splitting up, both marrying others, her getting fed up with her unfaithful husband, him not being happy with Diana and them then having an affair is really at all unconvincing…

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Jilly Cooper based her character Rupert Campbell Black on Andrew Parker Bowles. I have read all of her books and she knew/knows Camilla very well, she’s a big friend of their family. After reading the books I can understand why Andrew was lusted after. Charles has never been the most exciting of men, has he? I think Diana tried to make him in to something he wasn’t! She wanted him to twirl her around like Travolta did but he just wasn’t about that. He’s always seemed like a pipe and slippers man.

I believe William cheats. Why, who knows? But I do believe he does. I don’t know how I’d feel if I was Kate. I think Kates stunning. I think Rose is very miserable looking. But we know nothing of their personalities.

H&M in Jamaica pisses the media off no end, because they just don’t know where they’ll be or when. So the press have to scour the internet to find out where are! Quite funny really! I like how they’ve taken the control away from them, the worst of it is, managing to stop those leaks about where they are does them no favours and because they have ended up public enemy number one.

Jilly Cooper based her character Rupert Campbell Black on Andrew Parker Bowles. I have read all of her books and she knew/knows Camilla very well, she’s a big friend of their family. After reading the books I can understand why Andrew was lusted after. Charles has never been the most exciting of men, has he? I think Diana tried to make him in to something he wasn’t! She wanted him to twirl her around like Travolta did but he just wasn’t about that. He’s always seemed like a pipe and slippers man.
Charles has always been an old man at heart.

Reactions: 11
I'd like to think that William isn't cheating on Kate but I don't think her appearance would have anything to do with it if he were. Beautiful people get cheated on all the time. Men aren't looking at their wife and looking at another woman and weighing up who's the best looking when they decide to have an affair.

Reactions: 28
I think if William was cheating on Kate during their courtship, then it’s really not a leap to think he has throughout their marriage

Prince or pauper; how many cheaters ever really change their spots?

Reactions: 12
I think if William was cheating on Kate during their courtship, then it’s really not a leap to think he has throughout their marriage

Prince or pauper; how many cheaters ever really change their spots?
I guess it depends on why they cheat. If it’s an unhappy relationship they may not cheat in a different relationship but most would probably cheat again especially if their partner took them back.

Reactions: 3
I can’t help that feel that maybe Harry and Meghan took the blame for the leak about W and R and that has made family relations even worse.

Reactions: 4
I also think Kate has got this far and probably does want to be queen. She’s proven herself to be queen (pun intended) of the ‘shut up and get on with things’ while always looking lovely. I wouldn’t be too surprised if she would tolerate an affair on that basis too, even if not welcoming it.
I’d also say that affairs are almost never about relative attractiveness of the partners. Plus physical beauty doesn’t always correlate to sexual attraction anyway

I think if William cheats it isn’t with Rose. If there was dirt to be found there then the Daily Mail would have found it. They would, and probably have, invest a lot of money to get their hands on that story. The reason it’s not been published in the UK is because they haven’t found any evidence.

Does William cheat? Who knows… I’ve always been struck with cheaters usually being unhappy people and cheating not so much being anything to do with their spouse, but actually to do with them trying to fill a void. Of the two brothers Harry seems more likely to be unhappy with the hand he’s been dealt and always be looking for something more.

When you go through tit as a child you tend to go one of two ways, you end up repeating history and pass on the trauma or you do everything in your power to be the opposite of what you experience. William kind of strikes me as the latter tbh. And I do wonder if he is so aware and worried about his children and them going through what he did with press intrusion etc, if he would dare risk it by cheating? I mean I have no bleeping idea, I don’t know him! But I just think he comes across as someone who likes to be in control and I wonder if cheating would be too stressful for him 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I have no clue whether or not the William affairs rumours are true as to my eye the evidence presented has been insufficient to form any opinions. As a result I choose to believe they are an aristocratic polycule for my own entertainment.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think if William cheats it isn’t with Rose. If there was dirt to be found there then the Daily Mail would have found it.
I don’t know, the Daily Mail like getting access to the Royals as they make great entertainment. If there was evidence of an affair it could put pay to the whole monarchy. They aren’t as popular as they used to be and I think having another head of state who cheats on his wife (who has public support) could spell the end of things. I doubt the DM wants that sort of publicity - they’d never be able to recover.

Reactions: 6
I don’t know, the Daily Mail like getting access to the Royals as they make great entertainment. If there was evidence of an affair it could put pay to the whole monarchy. They aren’t as popular as they used to be and I think having another head of state who cheats on his wife (who has public support) could spell the end of things. I doubt the DM wants that sort of publicity - they’d never be able to recover.
I can see your point, but the Daily Mail is also this:

IMG_4385.gif

I can’t imagine the Daily Mail editors thinking beyond the £££ signs, and that would be great entertainment to them!

I kind of think that people are more accepting now of indiscretions. I was genuinely so shocked at the amount of people who were just like: 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ at the face Boris Johnson had proper parties and gatherings during lockdowns. If it had been like 10 years ago he’d have had to resign instantly but now it seems like being an asshole is accepted as almost fine!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.