The Royal Family #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Camilla Tominey was getting rather tongue tied on This Morning as it was her story on Meghan making Kate cry, interesting defence that the story wasn't corrected by the Palace. Of course it wasnt if what Meghan is saying is true.

Reactions: 7
It's OK though as Boris Johnson is apparently going to comment on it and we all know how anti racist he is 😁
4 of his children are mixed race. I wonder if he will be asked if anyone asked him how brown they would be when they were born, and if he found it offensive!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Did I say anywhere I thought / knew what was true? I'm well aware that anything said on record is not necessarily true and I certainly don't take anything I hear on TV or read in a paper as being gospel.

The point I was making that in response to two allegations about the same issue the two people involved have not been treated in the same way for the alleged incident.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. My point is that many people will be taking much of what was said by H&M with a huge pinch of salt which may account for the different reactions.

Reactions: 4
Lol at Kate’s perfect brand taking a dent.

I have been wondering if this is Harry’s revenge for his Mum.
Carole is probably in crisis management mode with Pippa

I'm happy to post a link but it's probably not allowed as it's to another forum, but ...

Someone has said that Prince Philip was hospitalised due to a reaction to the COVID vaccination (like Captain Tom) - the other stories are all a cover.
Except Tom never has the vaccine

Yeah I’ve seen all over social media (Twitter and Facebook and sometimes on Instagram) that Archie is a doll and that Meghan was never pregnant. These echo chambers are wild!
Even some of the people in the other thread believe this and refer to him as Archie doll. They've studied angles at which he's been carried etc 😂🤡

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I haven't watched the program yet I'm just going by what has been posted on social media...

She said that they took her passport away but how does she explain the trips to US for her baby shower and to watch tennis?. What about the holidays she went on to European countries such as The Netherlands, Monaco and Italy etc... after she married? and I'm not even going to mention all the countries she visited for 'work'. Between all the foriegn holidays she took and the royal tours I remember thinking back 2018/19 that she barely spent any time in the UK 🤔.

She also apparently said they took her drivers licence away but that doesn't mean anything if its still valid. She didn't need to have her drivers licence in her possession to drive in the UK. There were also reports that she was seen driving around London. So its not like she couldn't go anywhere.

I sympathise with her if she felt suicidal but her story has more holes in it than Swiss cheese particularly the two points mentioned above 🤷‍♀️.

Reactions: 22
Haha so the damaging part is the fact Harry and Megan had released this, not that someone actually said it 🤔
I think more that they didn't just get on with it and say who it was, rather than make it a guessing game with the finger being pointed at everyone. It's a serious allegation. If you're going to make it and stand by it, then it shouldn't be vague and turned into a witchhunt.

Reactions: 8
I think more that they didn't just get on with it and say who it was, rather than make it a guessing game with the finger being pointed at everyone. It's a serious allegation. If you're going to make it and stand by it, then it shouldn't be vague and turned into a witchhunt.
I think this is where I think the interview was a bad idea anyway, legal teams will have been over all this with a fine tooth comb so basically nothing really could be said anyway.

Reactions: 1
I haven't watched the program yet I'm just going by what has been posted on social media...

She said that they took her passport away but how does she explain the trips to US for her baby shower and to watch tennis?. What about the holidays she went on to European countries such as The Netherlands, Monaco and Italy etc... after she married? and I'm not even going to mention all the countries she visited for 'work'. Between all the foriegn holidays she took and the royal tours I remember thinking back 2018/19 that she barely spent any time in the UK 🤔.

She also apparently said they took her drivers licence away but that doesn't mean anything if its still valid. She didn't need to have her drivers licence in her possession to drive in the UK. There were also reports that she was seen driving around London. So its not like she couldn't go anywhere.

I sympathise with her if she felt suicidal but her story has more holes in it than Swiss cheese particularly the two points mentioned above 🤷‍♀️.
They can give her those back you know? Also, if she was travelling as part of the Royal Family for tours etc. or if she hired a jet you don't need a passport. And of course, she needs her licence - what if she was stopped at any point whilst driving? The first thing you do is hand over your licence, and her US licence would be invalid over here! - Maybe ask yourself why the palace wanted those things from her instead of trying to find stories people can disprove.

Reactions: 9
I don't know what the truth of this situation is and none of us may ever know the truth. But what I do know/feel is that Piers Morgan should be not be in the position he is in. Watching clips back from his performance this morning is actually quite shocking. He dismissed the suicidal thoughts of a woman as lies, Chris Ship and his co host took him to task over it but that was still broadcast.

Reactions: 28
I don't know what the truth of this situation is and none of us may ever know the truth. But what I do know/feel is that Piers Morgan should be not be in the position he is in. Watching clips back from his performance this morning is actually quite shocking. He dismissed the suicidal thoughts of a woman as lies, Chris Ship and his co host took him to task over it but that was still broadcast.
Not the only one.

Reactions: 2
Can I say I am underwhelmed? The interview didn’t bring up anything shocking, really.
I found it interesting that they never touched on the topic of depression. Suicidal thoughts don’t come up just like that. I wouldn’t doubt that living as a royal makes you depressed as hell. And with Diana and both Princes openly talking about being in therapy it’s really strange Meghan didn’t get help. I mean, where was her husband in all of this? Didn’t he realise?
In general this paints a pretty bad picture of Harry (while Meghan looks naive to the point of stupidity). Why would he not make sure she knows not to curtsy and when????
The racist comment leaves a bad taste. While I can absolutely see it might have been even thought to be funny or curiosity, it’s still not ok. As it was only brought back by Harry, it might sound much worse to Meghan than it was? I mean, I hear those speculations all the time from parents that will have mixed race babies. Nevertheless it should have never been said.
I get why she wanted to set the Kate story straight. I can totally see a postpartum Kate getting in a fit about something, probably shedding some angry tears and after clearing her head realising she overstepped and apologise. And if that is what happened I get why Meghan was hurt that they left the misleading headlines uncommented.
Harry shows that he really was blinded by his privilege if he didn’t prepare her thoroughly about what was going to happen and was surprised by being cut off. Everyone who has been watching the BRF for a long time knows that this is no fairytale. That the family is only as close-knit and warm as PR can twist it, that the press is relentless and will drag you down- far deeper then one could imagine. How did she ever think it would be fair. That the employees run the show and that they are often enough just puppets. That is the price for the privileges they get. Harry knew.
I find the way he talks about him father and brother being trapped pretty patronising. Of course they can leave. They choose not to. They choose their privilege over “freedom” for whatever reasons (duty, laziness, ambition, comfort who knows).
What I miss are hard facts. A lot of stuff is just touched on slightly, they allude to things but never play ball. Oprah definitely didn’t succeed with Harry. Most of his answers are pretty empty. Whining about paying your security with your own millions is absurd. But it gives him a card Blanche into taking money/being paid for his work (which is what exactly ???) in the future.
All in all this is not really the BIG revelation. I mean Archie’s title was decided before there ever was a wife. They can allude to his skin colour but in the end the facts are just not on their side. Being cut off financially might have surprised Harry but the writing was on the wall when other royals lost this privilege. Charles not taking his calls, pretty much fits his MO.
They definitely close this door. Let’s hope their new life will bring enough stuff to talk about because atm it feels as if slagging off the BRF is what that need to drum up the big attention.
I guess we will hear much more about the second pregnancy now. Sex reveal (done), name reveal, lavish baby shower, nursery set up ... just wait
We won’t have a christening though. Apart from
what was said, neither Harry nor Meghan have ever displayed interest in Christianity or church. Neither before they new each other nor later. It’s fine but I hate the strange narrative both would be so Jesus loving.
The BRF should really just ignore it. 6 weeks and the topic is over. I mean if there was really any response Kate should get pregnant with twin girls. But as long as that’s not happening, carrying on as usual is the way to go.
Harry and Meghan can hopefully finally go on now. They deserve to be happy and do their own thing. But please, let it be their own thing.

Reactions: 8
Piers Morgan would probably be still sending women to hospital for hysteria if he had his own way.

Reactions: 15

That's some of the things that came to my mind, as well, which is why I doubt quite a number of the things they said.

Their timeline of things doesn't entirely match, either. For the same thing she said it was during pregnancy and Harry said it was before marriage.
It's no surprise that the family is shite and I have no doubts that Kate is capable of making someone cry like I have no doubts that M is a bully to staff (as are the other Windsors).

It is known they greenlit and collaborated on "Finding Freedom", where it was explicitly said they wanted to head to Sandringham to basically ambush Liz, now they say they were invited to go there as soon as they landed, but the invitation was taken back.
Which one is it, as for both versions they are the source?

They didn't travel just by private jet, they also took commercial planes, plenty of them (incl for tours). You need a passport for that.
A US driver's license is useless in the UK. Why would they take that away?
Why would they take away Meg's documents? She travelled commercially and drove, it doesn't even match reality.

It feels also like she took pointers from Di's interview and then used those herself.
And it is known that Diana told some porkies alongside truth, e.g. she never threw herself down any stairs. She stumbled on the last couple of steps, but was fine, which she then spun into "I threw myself off the stairs and no one cared".
The family's still shite though. That's well known.

It's many layers, innit.

Reactions: 14
They can give her those back you know? Also, if she was travelling as part of the Royal Family for tours etc. or if she hired a jet you don't need a passport. And of course, she needs her licence - what if she was stopped at any point whilst driving? The first thing you do is hand over your licence, and her US licence would be invalid over here! - Maybe ask yourself why the palace wanted those things from her instead of trying to find stories people can disprove.
I don't carry my license anywhere! Never have done, couldn't even tell you where it was.

Reactions: 1

This!!

Also
Screenshot_20210308_131952.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It feels also like she took pointers from Di's interview and then used those herself.
And it is known that Diana told some porkies alongside truth, e.g. she never threw herself down any stairs. She stumbled on the last couple of steps, but was fine, which she then spun into "I threw myself off the stairs and no one cared".
The family's still shite though. That's well known.

It's many layers, innit.
Diana lied through her teeth.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.