The Royal Family #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Checking in! I wonder if the Meghan and Harry interview will be broadcast over here on any channel or if we will have to try and watch it on YouTube?

Its getting a little heated. Must say my opinion on Harry is rapidly changing, working hard on keeping a balanced view.

Reactions: 9
For anyone who likes Royal Gossip, it’s setting up to be a corker of a week!

Reactions: 20
Its getting a little heated. Must say my opinion on Harry is rapidly changing, working hard on keeping a balanced view.
Harry used to be my favourite Royal, he always seemed so fun and down to earth. I just don’t understand moving away and cutting ties with his family for more privacy and to get away from the media, yet they are doing tv specials, signing deals with Netflix... doesn’t sit right with me

Oh man! That means loads of adverts in between!
I hadn’t thought of that 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣

Reactions: 20
I think it's fair what they chose to do - the press were giving them a hard time, and if they felt it was a threat, then stepping away from the 'frontline' of the family was a good idea. However, this whole dragging up the issue again and again just makes them appear bitter and childish. They've left! They don't even live in England anymore! Why can't they just let go? They will never be able to live properly normal lives. They are in the most famous family in the world, not former pop stars who don't have hits anymore. There will always be interest in them.
It all reminds me of when you have an argument and it ends, then the other person keeps coming back like 'Oh, and another thing...'

Reactions: 35
I wondered why I had this line from "Don't Speak" (by No Doubt) in my head: "I don't need your reasons.... Don't speak, I know what you are thinking and I don't need your reasons, don't tell me because it hurts.... lalallalala..."
Probably because I saw the announcement of the interview.

M and H made a huge mistake. They have no control over the interview now - not how it is reported on, not how it is advertised, now when and where it is screened, not who views it and the reviews produced by bloggers, YouTubers, Gary Zanetti etc.

I hope the DoE will get well and be able to leave hospital and celebrate turning 100, but the timing of this interview is effing unfortunate

Reactions: 10
From previous thread...
Again, they worked more than the other 2 in the year and a bit they were there - Apparently Kate felt Megan was showing her up.
Meghan manages to show herself up without needing any help from others - remember Wimbledon?:rolleyes:

Reactions: 17
Chris Ship is really milking this on Twitter. He’s even helpfully posted the location of the hospital (near St Paul’s Cathedral if you happen to be in London and fancying heading down there for a nose 🙄)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Once this interview's been broadcasted, what are Harry and Meghan actually going to DO - you know, day-to-day, for whatever passes as a career where they're concerned?

Reactions: 16
I don’t want to watch two hours of them talking about how wronged they feel. I can only imagine that moving from a city where you got to go about your business as a free citizen is very different to life within the confines of the Royal Family. But this family weren’t just Joe Bloggs down the road, they are without doubt the most famous Royal Family in the world. The ups and downs, affairs, salacious gossips, misdemeanours, marriages, deaths, divorces, taxes, expenses have all been documented in detail for years and years. Meghan knew exactly what she was getting involved in and how big the change of lifestyle would be. She thought she could change the mighty machine but she couldn’t and that didn’t sit well with her. Strange that everyone that has ever been close to her are no longer close , for whatever reason. She’s out for herself and doesn’t care who she tramples on to get what she wants. Oprah is hardly a hard hitting journalist, she probably got an invite to the wedding as she promised Meghan a tell all platform if she ever felt the need to do it. She was networking and writing her future story before the ring was even on her finger. Harry is just a pawn in the game.

Reactions: 31
Of course MM knew what she was getting into, but she was hoping to be globally adored like Diana and making headlines for being "better" than Kate, Be a, Eugenie, Sophie et al, but the opposite happened and then she stormed off, sulking, and Has stormed off with her, holding the umbrella

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm wondering what on earth Meghan will talk about for two hours. With the best will in the world she wasn't an a list actress with a large amount of charity work behind her, she'd done very little. Oprah really just wants the dirt on the royal family, no matter what she has said to Meghan.

Reactions: 23
If its going to be a borefest about charity work, I'll not get through 2 hours. I want dirt but not right now, let the elderly people have a bit of peace and quiet with no further annoyance from these pair.

Reactions: 13
I'm wondering what on earth Meghan will talk about for two hours. With the best will in the world she wasn't an a list actress with a large amount of charity work behind her, she'd done very little. Oprah really just wants the dirt on the royal family, no matter what she has said to Meghan.
And I think this shows that Oprah hasn't got style and grace. She really doesn't need this interview, she is famous and rich enough. There is no need to drag the BRF through the mud, especially not in the US that are not even part of the Commonwealth.
Maybe talk about it in 20 years, when M and H retire and TQ is no longer there. But not now, especially with the world in a global pandemic and recession and the DoE being so ill. Just leave it be for now

Reactions: 24
I don’t want to watch two hours of them talking about how wronged they feel. I can only imagine that moving from a city where you got to go about your business as a free citizen is very different to life within the confines of the Royal Family. But this family weren’t just Joe Bloggs down the road, they are without doubt the most famous Royal Family in the world. The ups and downs, affairs, salacious gossips, misdemeanours, marriages, deaths, divorces, taxes, expenses have all been documented in detail for years and years. Meghan knew exactly what she was getting involved in and how big the change of lifestyle would be. She thought she could change the mighty machine but she couldn’t and that didn’t sit well with her. Strange that everyone that has ever been close to her are no longer close , for whatever reason. She’s out for herself and doesn’t care who she tramples on to get what she wants. Oprah is hardly a hard hitting journalist, she probably got an invite to the wedding as she promised Meghan a tell all platform if she ever felt the need to do it. She was networking and writing her future story before the ring was even on her finger. Harry is just a pawn in the game.
She hadn’t met Oprah before the wedding by all accounts

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.