The Royal Family #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't watched the program yet I'm just going by what has been posted on social media...

She said that they took her passport away but how does she explain the trips to US for her baby shower and to watch tennis?. What about the holidays she went on to European countries such as The Netherlands, Monaco and Italy etc... after she married? and I'm not even going to mention all the countries she visited for 'work'. Between all the foriegn holidays she took and the royal tours I remember thinking back 2018/19 that she barely spent any time in the UK 🤔.

She also apparently said they took her drivers licence away but that doesn't mean anything if its still valid. She didn't need to have her drivers licence in her possession to drive in the UK. There were also reports that she was seen driving around London. So its not like she couldn't go anywhere.

I sympathise with her if she felt suicidal but her story has more holes in it than Swiss cheese particularly the two points mentioned above 🤷‍♀️.
I see your point, but the point about them having her passport is the Palace or whoever could withhold it if they didn't approve of her trip, so of course she could go abroad, but not without approval. I would find that a really controller situation. I presume they had their own safes etc so security wouldn't be the issue.

Reactions: 4
I see your point, but the point about them having her passport is the Palace or whoever could withhold it if they didn't approve of her trip, so of course she could go abroad, but not without approval. I would find that a really controller situation. I presume they had their own safes etc so security wouldn't be the issue.
File under "things Harry will have told her about beforehand but she happily signed up to take part in anyway".

Reactions: 6
The not naming the racist is pretty shrewd really because now they’re all under suspicion.

I’m pretty neutral about the Royals but Liz must be exhausted.

Reactions: 8
I’m just not sure it’s ok to make serious allegations about someone and not say who. These allegations are too serious to be made on a chat show and if indeed it’s true someone should be held accountable, regardless of age and seniority within the royal family. But it’s been done in totally the wrong arena the way it’s been lumped in with everything else.
This ^. To make a serious allegation like this but only give tantalising, gossipy tidbits was what swung my opinion. They know they have left several people in the lurch here with fingers being pointed everywhere. That's not 'setting the record straight', that's adding more fuel to the fire. I think that's very deliberate. To also put that out in the public domain without discussing Harry's past indiscretions was also very telling to me. It's like they want to apportion blame everywhere else but never take responsibility for their own behaviour. It is most telling that Meghan did not discuss her own trashy family who have publicly done so much worse to her than her in laws. I am no royalist but I can't help but think back to Prince Charles stepping up to walk her down the aisle while her father completely and utterly betrayed her and this is how she behaves. It's just sad.

Reactions: 14
Piers Morgan is horrible. He isn’t even good at phrasing those witty insults that make stuff like this fun to read. He is vile and on a hysterical meltdown.
I think his bosses should ask him to take a sabbatical and STFU at least.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The racist remark is not excusable at all but why haven’t they said what was said and who said it I want to know I don’t want a racist king running our country

Secondly Meghan mentioned titles in the interview and about how Archie wasn’t given the title , he will become prince when Charles becomes king it’s the monarchs grandkids who get titles and George got it because he would be king.

Meghan said she in the interview she knew about the legislation and mentioned George the V who set the legislation, Archie was offered a title the Earl of Dumbarton , and turned it down as she didn’t want archie to have titles , and she made it clear oh how can the other great grandkids get it and Archie can’t... being Williams kids that was a dig at them.

But also what about the poor Cambridge kids they will have to live with this a long time , I can’t imagine how that’s gonna affect thier mental health and the scrutiny they will get people at school today will know and they won’t have no idea what’s going on.
How interesting that she knew all about the legislation regarding titles for her children but didn't know how to curtsey or the words to God Save the Queen. And it sounds like she wants us to believe she'd never even heard of Harry before they met....................

Reactions: 15
Apparently it has been confirmed by Oprah today that the senior person that made the racist comment was neither the Queen or Prince Phillip.

Reactions: 6
Reactions: 2
I think it's very niave to think that the public would have been happy with a private wedding. They lost their tit over the christening.
Wasn't that more the media though?

It's OK though as Boris Johnson is apparently going to comment on it and we all know how anti racist he is 😁
Oh God, just when you think the situation can't possibly get worse............. in walks this clown. Can't wait for his comments on picaninnies.

Reactions: 5
Wasn't that more the media though?

Oh God, just when you think the situation can't possibly get worse............. in walks this clown. Can't wait for his comments on picaninnies.
There seemed to be a public furore about it, how we couldn't see the baby etc etc. But I wasn't that arsed about it all then so I could be wrong.

I know, you can't make this up can you about Boris 😩

Reactions: 2
I think Harry has burned his bridges with the RF now. I hope it doesn’t go tits up for him with Meghan. Racism within the RF isn’t that shocking. Anything goes with that lot. I think Meghan thought she would marry a Prince and become the nations new Queen of Hearts and her and Harry would be more popular than Will and Kate. Meghan seems full of herself though and I think what her sister had to say before their wedding is quite telling now about what she’s like as a person as she’s proving it. I’m by no means a Royalist but I’m team Queen on this

Reactions: 10
I don't know what the truth of this situation is and none of us may ever know the truth. But what I do know/feel is that Piers Morgan should be not be in the position he is in. Watching clips back from his performance this morning is actually quite shocking. He dismissed the suicidal thoughts of a woman as lies, Chris Ship and his co host took him to task over it but that was still broadcast.
I was seriously thinking about writing in to ITV about his toxic behaviour but I know it will fall on deaf ears because of ratings. I'm no fan of Meghan but his behaviour towards her is that of an abusive man who was rejected (which I think is the real story behind all of this). I've rejected men in the past and had a torrent of abuse levelled at me and this is exactly what he's doing. Except it's not just him and his horrible mates going after her, he has a national platform. It is disturbing to watch. He is totally unhinged.

Reactions: 19
So the comment was made by either, Charles, William or their wives. The mind boggles it really does.

Reactions: 7
Not seen any of it, just catching up with comments here.

My thoughts. I reckon it was Charles who asked about the colour of his skin, however I doubt it was meant in the negative way it was taken. Not saying it was right, but I think it's just a generational thing.

*disclaimer, I am not condoning the comment, it's just my thoughts on it, considering Charles age.
I have to say I agree. My nephew is mixed race as his mum is of Indian and my brother is white. His skin colour was brought up several times and it wasnt meant racist at all. His mum brought it up too.

It was also an issue post birth too as our poor baba had jaundice but due to his mixed race and not knowing "what colour" he was meant to be meant we didn't realise at first for the first couple of days.

Again at no point was it meant to be racist, that little boy is the center of all our worlds and we worship him as he was a long time coming and was much wanted by the entire family ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
No, some in the other thread are still moaning today that they won't tell us who the godparents are or what time Archie was born but they'll tell us they are having a girl now.

Don't really get the logic but there you go
I know those threads can be toxic but I think there is a wider point to be made about how she wanted her pregnancy kept very quiet (totally understandable imo) but then goes on Oprah revealing the gender of her unborn baby. It seems odd.

Reactions: 10
I have to say I agree. My nephew is mixed race as his mum is of Indian and my brother is white. His skin colour was brought up several times and it wasnt meant racist at all. His mum brought it up too.

It was also an issue post birth too as our poor baba had jaundice but due to his mixed race and not knowing "what colour" he was meant to be meant we didn't realise at first for the first couple of days.

Again at no point was it meant to be racist, that little boy is the center of all our worlds and we worship him as he was a long time coming and was much wanted by the entire family ❤
I was thinking the same !!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.