Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
The cynic in me thinks that Harry and Meghan have been thrown to the lions in order to protect Andrew. It makes me so angry that they are getting so much abuse from the press when he’s getting away scot free, why isn’t Piers Morgan asking why Andrew has been extradited to the USA instead of slating H&M?

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Vanillaco

VIP Member
He slept with a 17 year old. In London, I believe? That’s over the age of consent here.

While that makes him a disgusting creep, it’s not illegal. Last time I looked, he is an outcast. We don’t see him anymore, quite rightly.
The age of consent doesnt matter if you sleep with a trafficked girl. I cant believe the lengths people go to to defend a middle aged man who wilfully decided to turn a blind eye to hordes of young girls being hawked around for sex at parties he attended. We dont know if he did something illegal or not, because he wont talk to the FBI, preferring to hide behind his mummy.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
There’s been lots of horrible speculation by the papers that Kate has an Eating disorder, don’t forget she had her breasts published in a magazine by a long lens photog too. The worst headline was ‘a plastic princess designed to breed’. She was called Waity Katy, ‘the mattress’ and chased down the street by photographers. Her family has been hounded, lots of articles on her Uncle and Brother alleging whatever when her brother was suicidal. She and her sister were called Wisteria sisters’, her mother ‘too common’ etc.
This is why I simply don’t get when MM alleges bad press treatment because of her race- it happens to all the women. It’s rank misogyny.
Dutchess of Pork, a poll in the paper that said 80% of men would rather sleep with a goat that Fergie.
camilla called a horse. Actually I was watching rerun of Would I lie to you the other day and Angus Deyton made a joke that it didn’t matter if Camilla needed a wee when she was out in the grounds of her castle because ‘she could just lift her tail up and piss on the ground like the other horses’

foul

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

sleepflowers

VIP Member
I think it's fair what they chose to do - the press were giving them a hard time, and if they felt it was a threat, then stepping away from the 'frontline' of the family was a good idea. However, this whole dragging up the issue again and again just makes them appear bitter and childish. They've left! They don't even live in England anymore! Why can't they just let go? They will never be able to live properly normal lives. They are in the most famous family in the world, not former pop stars who don't have hits anymore. There will always be interest in them.
It all reminds me of when you have an argument and it ends, then the other person keeps coming back like 'Oh, and another thing...'

Reactions: 35

BigMavis

VIP Member
Start a rave thread for Andrew and who ever wants to defend the dirty coward can do it there til their hearts content.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Baguette

VIP Member
@vikka about this bit

The Cambs were shit, too. The blind of going shopping in a car to a shop around the corner, meeting Meg on foot, chatting and realizing you go to the same place but not offering a lift? Like, come on. That's crap behaviour from anyone. If Kate preferred to shop alone, fine, could've offered a lift and then gone their espective ways, but she shops all the frikkin time, she could've set a couple of hours aside and shopped with Meg together. She gave birth soon after, but let's not pretend like she's a "normal" mum who's at it alone with 3 sprogs, a working husband and no help. She could've offered a few hours of her precious time every once in a while to get to know Meg and be there for her s-i-l. If they realize they are to different and don't get along, fine, don't meet up anymore. But there wasn't even an attempt at getting to know the new family member and thats shyte behaviour. They lived next to each other and shared offices ffs.
The Cambs also leaked about the Ssexes. Anyone would hate that.

The story there is that Megz had not only set up a paparazzi shot of Kate and Megz shopping, but the photos were already being shopped around the news desks before the outing took place. KP was tipped off and the shopping trip duly cancelled. And then Megz team leaked it to Lainey Gossip as 'Kate refused to give poor Meghan a lift'.

Right there is everything anyone would need to know someone's true intentions.

Reactions: 32

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I don’t want to watch two hours of them talking about how wronged they feel. I can only imagine that moving from a city where you got to go about your business as a free citizen is very different to life within the confines of the Royal Family. But this family weren’t just Joe Bloggs down the road, they are without doubt the most famous Royal Family in the world. The ups and downs, affairs, salacious gossips, misdemeanours, marriages, deaths, divorces, taxes, expenses have all been documented in detail for years and years. Meghan knew exactly what she was getting involved in and how big the change of lifestyle would be. She thought she could change the mighty machine but she couldn’t and that didn’t sit well with her. Strange that everyone that has ever been close to her are no longer close , for whatever reason. She’s out for herself and doesn’t care who she tramples on to get what she wants. Oprah is hardly a hard hitting journalist, she probably got an invite to the wedding as she promised Meghan a tell all platform if she ever felt the need to do it. She was networking and writing her future story before the ring was even on her finger. Harry is just a pawn in the game.

Reactions: 31

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
What is upsetting about Harry most is he is trashing the UK but regardless of how he earns his keep now (which is most likely still through Charles snd therefore the UK taxpayer), his entire set up is from the UK. What did their wedding cost? £35m? Plain old Harry Windsor couldn’t fund an £11 LA mansion either and Meghan certainly couldn’t.
He’s ungrateful beyond belief.
I also can’t stick oh he lost his mum young brigade. Plenty of people have terrible tragedies occur in their youth - it isn’t a free pass to be an arsehole forever more.

Reactions: 30

Scandalous_Purpose

I’m actually so bored of the British media (Piers Morgan especially) constantly ranting about H&M every, single, day. It’s just boring and so biased, they hate the couple and they won’t publish anything positive. Meghan hasn’t even said one word yet in the interview that we’ve heard and yet Piers Morgan is crying about it, again! So he’s already made his mind up, so what’s the point in listening to him or any other reporter? I know that M&H have done many questionable things and I’m not their biggest fan but I feel like the British media are beginning to shoot themselves in the foot, I’m beginning to defend M&H because it’s very clear that nothing good will be written about them no matter what

• Heart
Reactions: 29

igiveup

VIP Member
My cousin worked with Kate when she worked at jigsaw, he said the press was hanging around constantly even on days when she didn’t work, they were everywhere like pests.

He said Kate suffered so much from the press hounding her and it was just sad to see.

He did say Kate was great to work with and one of the most loveliest women he had worked with she was full of love and compassion for everyone.

he even got invited to the wedding 10 years ago.

And on top of that, the Palace gave her very little press protection when she was 'just' the girlfriend. I don't think this ever happened to Meghan.

Reactions: 29

BigMavis

VIP Member
I don't know what the truth of this situation is and none of us may ever know the truth. But what I do know/feel is that Piers Morgan should be not be in the position he is in. Watching clips back from his performance this morning is actually quite shocking. He dismissed the suicidal thoughts of a woman as lies, Chris Ship and his co host took him to task over it but that was still broadcast.

Reactions: 28

Definitely Maybe

VIP Member
I know that I'm stating the bleedin' obvious here BUT Meghan would never have given Harry a second glance if he wasn't a Royal Prince would she ?

• Heart
  • Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
We still really saying Meghan didn’t get a warm welcome in the U.K.

in fairness Kate was the one treated like dirt, she was the one followed around like Diana Meghan had the red carpet rolled out for her and could do no wrong until she showed her hand!

Of course MM knew what she was getting into, but she was hoping to be globally adored like Diana and making headlines for being "better" than Kate, Be a, Eugenie, Sophie et al, but the opposite happened and then she stormed off, sulking, and Has stormed off with her, holding the umbrella

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Eirawen

VIP Member
Many will object to me saying this but Kate did work for the fashion retailer " Jigsaw" before she married but was prone to working short days and having long lunchbreaks she then went and "worked" for her parents' party plan business. She really should have married a rich business man so that she would not have to work at all, and have a nanny at home and indulge in long lunches, playing tennis and shopping. Its unfortunate that her social climbing mother didn't think of this when she had her eye on William. These Royal duties are probably so tedious for her.

Their ' investigative journalism' has all gone out of the window. Apparently they were told they would lose access to photos of the Cambridge children if they went on too much about Andrew. He also still has all his honorary military titles, so Harry, who has done a ton of work for military charities and set up Invictus decides not to be a working Royal and loses his titles, yet Andrew, who even before Epstein was accused of consorting with several unsavoury characters for money and favours, who gave himself a cut of money given to his charity and allowed Davud Beckham to hold a ' Princess Party for his daughter at Buckingham Palace and allowed his dodgy mates to be photographed on official thrones is forced out of being a working Royal because he partied with paedophiles still has his, and it's hardly mentioned!
I think its sick the way Andrew seems to be protected while Harry is hauled over the coals. Harry seems easily led and a bit dim but I don't think he is as conniving as Andrew or has his undoubtable dark side.

• Heart

hannah123

VIP Member
We still really saying Meghan didn’t get a warm welcome in the U.K.

in fairness Kate was the one treated like dirt, she was the one followed around like Diana Meghan had the red carpet rolled out for her and could do no wrong until she showed her hand!
people love to compare Kate vs Meghan with the same 5 headlines of the avocado, the wedding flowers and some clothing ones

they ignore the videos of Kate crying in the street because she was so surrounded by the press, the headlines laughing at her because will hadn’t proposed at her 25th birthday, paparazzi hanging outside her work then calling her lazy because she decides to go work in the safety of the family business

people just didn’t pay attention when Kate was getting shit on for 10 years

Thegreenbush96

VIP Member
My Partner said he knows what’s gonna happen from this Interview.

People are gonna break lockdown and go and protest outside of Buckingham palace, Kensington palace , try jump fences and stuff etc there is going to trouble.

The young generation will cause so much trouble which is going to affect us all , lockdown won’t end and The Queen and PP will have to be under constant watch.

Whilst MM will be in her mansion in California happy with the trouble she will have unleashed
I very much doubt that.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

annapolly

There was hardly any coverage of this but I thought it was rather sweet thing to do. Twanna is a cancer survivor and made this sign.

39151169-B500-44B9-AFF9-07769B5DD80F.jpeg

• Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
That's the face you give your third child when he's been to pizza express and not brought you back a takeout. One is not amused.

• Haha