The Royal Family #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's difficult really isn't it. Nobody knows the truth but you can't take any of it as fact. It's a CLAIM that Meghan has made. There are two sides to every story.

Reactions: 10
The racist remark is not excusable at all but why haven’t they said what was said and who said it I want to know I don’t want a racist king running our country

Secondly Meghan mentioned titles in the interview and about how Archie wasn’t given the title , he will become prince when Charles becomes king it’s the monarchs grandkids who get titles and George got it because he would be king.

Meghan said she in the interview she knew about the legislation and mentioned George the V who set the legislation, Archie was offered a title the Earl of Dumbarton , and turned it down as she didn’t want archie to have titles , and she made it clear oh how can the other great grandkids get it and Archie can’t... being Williams kids that was a dig at them.

But also what about the poor Cambridge kids they will have to live with this a long time , I can’t imagine how that’s gonna affect thier mental health and the scrutiny they will get people at school today will know and they won’t have no idea what’s going on.

Reactions: 7
One thing that cracks me up is that the same people who are adament that PP had a hand in the death of Diana are the same thinking he couldn't possible have said something like that and that Harry and Meghan should think about his poor fragile heart 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The racist remark is not excusable at all but why haven’t they said what was said and who said it I want to know I don’t want a racist king running our country

Secondly Meghan mentioned titles in the interview and about how Archie wasn’t given the title , he will become prince when Charles becomes king it’s the monarchs grandkids who get titles and George got it because he would be king.

Meghan said she in the interview she knew about the legislation and mentioned George the V who set the legislation, Archie was offered a title the Earl of Dumbarton , and turned it down as she didn’t want archie to have titles , and she made it clear oh how can the other great grandkids get it and Archie can’t... being Williams kids that was a dig at them.

But also what about the poor Cambridge kids they will have to live with this a long time , I can’t imagine how that’s gonna affect thier mental health when they are older.
Chris ship this morning on GMB said he has sources who can confirm it was not HMTQ or Philip but was a senior member of the royal family. If you search it on Twitter the clip comes up. Could be a load of bollocks as no one knows really but interesting.

Reactions: 3
Article from the live discussion about Meghan and Harry in the Guardian....

The anti-monarchy group Republic said an honest debate about the future of the institution was needed following the revelations in the Oprah Winfrey interview.

Graham Smith from the campaign group said: “The monarchy has just been hit by its worst crisis since the abdication in 1936. Whether for the sake of Britain or for the sake of the younger royals this rotten institution needs to go.

“Some people will say: ‘Well, you would say that,’ but this interview has only served to highlight what a lot of people have known for years: the monarchy is rotten to the core and does not reflect British values.

“Most people in the UK don’t give a second thought to the royals. They’re just not that interested. The monarchy is tolerated because of a carefully managed but dishonest image that’s been created over the past few decades.

“Now people are getting a much clearer picture of what the monarchy is really like. And it doesn’t look good. With the Queen likely to be replaced by King Charles during this decade the position of the monarchy has rarely looked weaker.

“We now need honesty in the monarchy debate that has been sorely lacking until now.”

He said there must be honest about “the democratic alternative”. He added: “Britain is better than this. We deserve better than this. The monarchy will always be part of our history. It mustn’t be part of our future.”

Reactions: 8
Nobody asked for my opinion but here goes, I met older generations that 100% said what colour the baby be, as literally a throw away comment so I 100% believe it was said and probably by more than one person.
I do think the royal family is a toxic environment, as someone who lost a parent really young, watching Harry having to publicly grieve at her funeral breaks my heart. He’ll have been told to be brave and let’s all remember the queen would have been a driving force when everyone feels sorry for a 94 year old. My grandmother is 92 and let me tell you she had quite the quip tongue still.
Ultimately do I agree with the interview, no.Mostly because lawyers will have gone over it all within an inch so really is was pointless as they wouldn’t have been able to say much. And it reflects badly on them.
I’m not a huge Megan fan but she’s also a human and the media did gun for her

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ater many years as a police officer I can say with absolute certainty that just because someone makes a statement on record doesn’t make it true.
Did I say anywhere I thought / knew what was true? I'm well aware that anything said on record is not necessarily true and I certainly don't take anything I hear on TV or read in a paper as being gospel.

The point I was making that in response to two allegations about the same issue the two people involved have not been treated in the same way for the alleged incident.

What about the fact they got married in secret and got married spent £32 million on another wedding paid by the British public when they were married already.

I’m sure people would have been just as happy for them getting married in secret, if they said to the public we got married in secret I’d have been thrilled.

And also they wanted to continued to be funded when they left during a pandemic and wanted tax payers to pay for security in another country especially during a pandemic when countries were suffering financially.

Canada said they wouldn’t pay for their security either, Harry had an inheritance he could have paid for this and like he said Charles gave them money to help set up their new lives - wasn’t that good enough?

They wanted to be financially independent and pay for things out of their own money this would include security no ?

Those two things annoyed me.

I really do believe we need to know who spoke about Archies skintone being dark ! The palace needs to be sort that because it’s not acceptable I’d it’s one of our future kings they need to be taken off the line of succession.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Labour have called for an investigation into the Palace racism.

I wonder how they feel this morning?

Reactions: 3
What about the fact they got married in secret and got married spent £32 million on another wedding paid by the British public when they were married already.

I’m sure people would have been just as happy for them getting married in secret, if they said to the public we got married in secret I’d have been thrilled.

And also they wanted to continued to be funded when they left during a pandemic and wanted tax payers to pay for security in another country especially during a pandemic when countries were suffering financially.

Canada said they wouldn’t pay for their security either, Harry had an inheritance he could have paid for this and like he said Charles gave them money to help set up their new lives - wasn’t that good enough?

They wanted to be financially independent and pay for things out of their own money this would include security no ?

Those two things annoyed me.

I really do believe we need to know who spoke about Archies skintone being dark ! The palace needs to be sort that because it’s not acceptable I’d it’s one of our future kings they need to be taken off the line of succession.
I think it's very niave to think that the public would have been happy with a private wedding. They lost their tit over the christening.

That top comment is along the lines of "I'm not racist, I've got black friends". Ffs.
The Royals cant be racist because they are desperate to cling to the remnants of Empire is the stupidest argument ever, and no more than I would expect from UKIP 😄. How is it so unbelievable that a family that is literally based on it's own superiority over others and preserving their bloodline is either openly racist or holds racist views?

• Haha
The Royals cant be racist because they are desperate to cling to the remnants of Empire is the stupidest argument ever, and no more than I would expect from UKIP 😄. How is it so unbelievable that a family that is literally based on it's own superiority over others and preserving their bloodline is either openly racist or holds racist views?
It's OK though as Boris Johnson is apparently going to comment on it and we all know how anti racist he is 😁

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.