The Royal Family #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep, she acted then and she’s continued to do so now. She’s just not that convincing . If they felt that wronged by the alleged racial comments then she had a perfect opportunity to name who it was and call them out. But she never.
She would get hate if she did name them though so she can't win either way. Imagine it is Philip and she said it? People would go mad because of his current situation. She has every right to speak out if one of the family were racist to her.

Reactions: 11
She would get hate if she did name them though. Imagine it is Philip and she said it? People would go mad because of his current situation. She has every right to speak out if one of the family were racist to her.
If she feels so strongly and wants to remain true to herself then she should name who it was so it can be investigated. I never said she didn’t have the right to speak out.

I don’t think it was on purpose, I can imagine those events to be very very stressful. From what I saw, my interpretation wasn’t that Kate did it on purpose, more that the story the media published was that Meghan upset Kate and the Cambridge’s communication team did nothing to quell the rumours.
I did say it might not have been on purpose - and frankly none of us will ever know.

However the world’s media vilified M when they thought she’d made K cry and now it seems to be the other way round the same vilification is not happening for K. That in itself speaks volumes about the way the couples are treated so differently and illustrates H&M’s feelings and the allegations of racism whether you agree with them or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Totally missing the whole point of the revelations but I wish Wills would shave his head. His hair is so aging.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Totally missing the whole point of the revelations but I wish Wills would shave his head. His hair is so aging.
He makes my skin crawl I don't know why 😂 I just get really boring, unhappy vibes from him and Kate. I wouldn't say I dislike them as they are too vanilla for that, just very uninteresting.

Reactions: 15
We will never know what truly happened as neither party will admit any of their own mistakes . It really is a case of they said , we said.

Reactions: 9
He makes my skin crawl I don't know why 😂 I just get really boring, unhappy vibes from him and Kate. I wouldn't say I dislike them as they are too vanilla for that, just very uninteresting.
It's why I can't imagine him having an affair. He's so 😴😴😴😴. maybe he's a tiger between the sheets 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I wish she had named them as I'm nosey haha and I think they deserve to be called out publicly. But I'm not surprised that she didn't, especially if it is Philip because of the timing of him being in hospital.

I also think she would have got a lot of hate for naming them, and if Harry does hope to reconcile in the future it really would be the final nail in the coffin, if the bridges aren't burnt already.

An alternative would be to not mention it at all, but then I don't think she should have to choose between naming or be silent. The fact a member of the RF would make comments like that is vile and says a lot about them.

The anger should be about the fact it happened, not at her for saying it and not naming them.

Fk sake it was probably Prince Phillip, the older generation say this kind of thing without thinking . I think H is an utter bellend, totally henpecked and has betrayed his own family . We loved this couple when they married... and was fab but they’ve acted like toddlers since

Reactions: 13
Trying to imagine Harry when he wakes up today, thinking he's said his bit, line drawn etc, now they can all make up and get along. 😂
Reality is, he's shot himself in the foot as badly as Andrew did.

Reactions: 10
Firstly remember The Queen did not watch this she would have been briefed during breakfast for her advisors , maybe watch it herself even to see what was said.

She will also need to speak to the rest of TRF also because it could be anyone, she will also probs call Harry to discuss things with him also.

It will take time remember she’s 94 her husband is in hospital, we are in midst of a pandemic now this it’s a lot to take in for her.

Also remember Harry and Meghan also had a whole year to speak about this since they left , why not speak about it when they left and let people know the real reasons a year ago.

The Royal Family need to comment, they can't not. I assume they will just say they're disappointed. I'm not a Meghan fan, I find her somewhat insincere but she is entitled to share her feelings and her experiences and I would never question someone who says they felt so unsupported that they considered taking their own life. That's as important an issue as the alleged racism.
I didn't expect this to come out in this interview or that I would feel like I do, it now makes sense to me why the Palace issued counter allegations last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I’m just not sure it’s ok to make serious allegations about someone and not say who. These allegations are too serious to be made on a chat show and if indeed it’s true someone should be held accountable, regardless of age and seniority within the royal family. But it’s been done in totally the wrong arena the way it’s been lumped in with everything else.

Reactions: 18
Fk sake it was probably Prince Phillip, the older generation say this kind of thing without thinking . I think H is an utter bellend, totally henpecked and has betrayed his own family . We loved this couple when they married... and was fab but they’ve acted like toddlers since
Agree. I mean, whether we like it or not, it wouldn't be an unusual observation by someone of his generation. Not saying that makes it okay before anyone jumps on me...

Reactions: 4
I wish she had named them as I'm nosey haha and I think they deserve to be called out publicly. But I'm not surprised that she didn't, especially if it is Philip because of the timing of him being in hospital.

I also think she would have got a lot of hate for naming them, and if Harry does hope to reconcile in the future it really would be the final nail in the coffin, if the bridges aren't burnt already.

An alternative would be to not mention it at all, but then I don't think she should have to choose between naming or be silent. The fact a member of the RF would make comments like that is vile and says a lot about them.

The anger should be about the fact it happened, not at her for saying it and not naming them.
I see this differently.

I think by saying that "someone senior" made these comments (about the skin colour of their children) they throw mud at the BRF as a whole.
People will form opinions on who might have said it (like here) and ultimately believe their suspicions to be true. For example: If someone already perceives William to be a bit of a snob then they might be inclined to believe it was Wiliam who expressed these views.
This is unfair to all senior members of the BRF.

I think if Harry is not prepared to be completely transparent he should not have said anything at all.

Essentially he painted his family as racists and I cannot see how they could forgive him for that.

Reactions: 19
Philip has form, I was surprised that the crowns (work of fiction) interpretation of him didn't get more (bad) press but the British public tend to brush it aside as a case of foot in mouth. Charles has done a lot for other cultures and faiths, though people do say his charities benefit from those actions. Its hard to know what to believe anymore. It's a very serious issue though and it probably should be spoken about outside of magazine shows.

Reactions: 5
It isn’t for Meghan to name who made the comment, as it was made to Harry, who revealed the comment and then failed to provide any context whatsoever. I don’t dispute their experience and right to be upset about it. However, Harry has talked about wanting to repair his relationship with his father and brother - who has ultimately sent under the bus. I don’t think there’s any coming back from that. And I also think that acknowledging that the royals are prevented from making comments - which they didn’t like - but then proceeding to make a lot of allegations again people and speak for other people (H saying that C & W are trapped) when you know they don’t have the right to reply isn’t very fair. A lot of this should have been dealt with privately.

Reactions: 13
lol I'm genuinely don't understand people being shocked about the racist comments. The royal family is know for a lot but being anti-racist isn't one of them. Philip has said some disgusting things in the past so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him

Reactions: 16
Well I’m putting it down to Charles or Phil, I remembered the hospital visit Charlie did during lockdown and he came out eyes watery, so something went down there and it was couple days after interview was announced.
Philip has form, I was surprised that the crowns (work of fiction) interpretation of him didn't get more (bad) press but the British public tend to brush it aside as a case of foot in mouth. Charles has done a lot for other cultures and faiths, though people do say his charities benefit from those actions. Its hard to know what to believe anymore. It's a very serious issue though and it probably should be spoken about outside of magazine shows.
I don’t think William will speak to him again after his wife through Kate under the bus, that brother bond is broken.

It isn’t for Meghan to name who made the comment, as it was made to Harry, who revealed the comment and then failed to provide any context whatsoever. I don’t dispute their experience and right to be upset about it. However, Harry has talked about wanting to repair his relationship with his father and brother - who has ultimately sent under the bus. I don’t think there’s any coming back from that. And I also think that acknowledging that the royals are prevented from making comments - which they didn’t like - but then proceeding to make a lot of allegations again people and speak for other people (H saying that C & W are trapped) when you know they don’t have the right to reply isn’t very fair. A lot of this should have been dealt with privately.

Reactions: 2
I did say it might not have been on purpose - and frankly none of us will ever know.

However the world’s media vilified M when they thought she’d made K cry and now it seems to be the other way round the same vilification is not happening for K.
Ater many years as a police officer I can say with absolute certainty that just because someone makes a statement on record doesn’t make it true.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.