The Royal Family #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The amount of people on social media and other places defending the claims of racism is eye opening. I can’t believe how many people are acting like the Royal family is a poor, innocent institution. It’s quite funny that after all these years of how they’ve treated people that it’s come to bite them on the bum.

Reactions: 19
Not seen any of it, just catching up with comments here.

My thoughts. I reckon it was Charles who asked about the colour of his skin, however I doubt it was meant in the negative way it was taken. Not saying it was right, but I think it's just a generational thing.

*disclaimer, I am not condoning the comment, it's just my thoughts on it, considering Charles age.
I thought Charles or Philip.

There's an excellent piece in the New York Post, I'm rubbish at linking things. Calls her out, don't think this is going as well as they'd imagined.
I just read this one...there’s a few, some supportive but this one not so much! Here is the link to the non supportive one, is this the one you refer to?

Thanks to @NOID-phal for the info

Reactions: 5
I don't really want to venture into their thread but I don't know how to feel about H&M after all this. I wasn't interested in the interview and thought it would be airing dirty laundry but I do believe the alleged racism. I'm no RF fan but it's sad to see all of this has happened in the space of a few years and I doubt Harry can go back now.

Reactions: 6
Haven't seen the interview. Won't watch it. But seeing the news clips and headlines this morning etc does anybody else think the undercurrent is to turn everyone against Charles?
Every one was eagerly awaiting to hear if they attacked TQ but i think they are definitely hinting towards all issues and problems stemming from Charlie boy 🥴🥴

Guess they didn't quite have the guts (or maybe they actually found some common sense) to not bad mouth Queenie

Reactions: 3
Good point that I saw being made was that Meghan was talking about being silenced and Harry said how the other family members were trapped, and yet Meghan said all that stuff about Kate that they know she won’t be able to respond to.

I like Meghan and Harry but they never really seem to help themselves, I feel for them but surely they’re smarter than thinking doing a tell-all interview will be the way to heal the rift?

Reactions: 7
I don't really want to venture into their thread but I don't know how to feel about H&M after all this. I wasn't interested in the interview and thought it would be airing dirty laundry but I do believe the alleged racism. I'm no RF fan but it's sad to see all of this has happened in the space of a few years and I doubt Harry can go back now.
Haha my advice is don’t. I’ve already been told I was in the wrong thread because I didn’t agree with certain things they were saying in there. I think the alleged racism is true as well, the RF have previous for racism, Harry himself. I wonder if Harry will show up to the statue unveiling and how he will be received.

Reactions: 6
Kate wouldn't have sent flowers and an apology if she hadn't made Meghan cry? She may not have intended to upset M but her actions afterwards suggest she then realised she had and so made the apology
She may have sent flowers and an apology for upsetting Meghan, but I find it hard to believe she would have upset her on purpose.

Reactions: 2
Haha my advice is don’t. I’ve already been told I was in the wrong thread because I didn’t agree with certain things they were saying in there. I think the alleged racism is true as well, the RF have previous for racism, Harry himself. I wonder if Harry will show up to the statue unveiling and how he will be received.

Also, it’s so bizarre that people are just saying that H&M are lying about certain things. Like how does Gary from Bradford know more about what happened than literal Prince Harry?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Never complain. Never explain.

I think Harry and Meghan can learn a thing or two off the Queen. It's astounding that Harry would do this to his 94 year old grandmother who's worried about her 99 year old husband surviving after serious surgery. I don't think Meghan should be calling out someone for racism then not name them. If it's true tell people who it is. All they have done now is put everyone in the family as a suspect and that's not fair on them that they will be gossiped about and people will be wondering if it's them. Meghan also claimed the press was at her from the very start. Excuse me that wasn't the case at all. The papers were forever full of front page stories about how in love they are, very modern royal family etc. She was very much accepted.

Reactions: 20
Also, it’s so bizarre that people are just saying that H&M are lying about certain things. Like how does Gary from Bradford know more about what happened than literal Prince Harry?
Yeah those were my thoughts. Everything else aside, I hope they were honest because there's no coming back from that now.

Reactions: 8
Yeah I’ve seen all over social media (Twitter and Facebook and sometimes on Instagram) that Archie is a doll and that Meghan was never pregnant. These echo chambers are wild!

Reactions: 10
She may have sent flowers and an apology for upsetting Meghan, but I find it hard to believe she would have upset her on purpose.
I don’t think it was on purpose, I can imagine those events to be very very stressful. From what I saw, my interpretation wasn’t that Kate did it on purpose, more that the story the media published was that Meghan upset Kate and the Cambridge’s communication team did nothing to quell the rumours.

Reactions: 7
A lot of TV commentary is talking about how “damning” the allegations of racism are from H&M, saying that it’s unfair to say about the dark skinned comment when the family can’t respond. It seems that there’s more outrage that H&M have actually spoken up than what they’re speaking about. The outrage isn’t that someone made this absolutely awful and hideous comment, it’s that it would ruin the reputation of whoever said it, which is somehow... worse than the comment itself?

Reactions: 8
A lot of TV commentary is talking about how “damning” the allegations of racism are from H&M, saying that it’s unfair to say about the dark skinned comment when the family can’t respond. It seems that there’s more outrage that H&M have actually spoken up than what they’re speaking about. The outrage isn’t that someone made this absolutely awful and hideous comment, it’s that it would ruin the reputation of whoever said it, which is somehow... worse than the comment itself?
People always get more bothered by the fact they get called racist then they do about the fact they said something racist.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I like the end of that NY Post article. Nailed it.

"In the run-up to tonight’s special, Meghan and Harry announced that this would be their final word, for real. They’ve said all they’ve had to say and will be furthermore unavailable for comment.

What? You don’t believe them?"

• Haha
I did think that Oprah asked a very very leading question and almost forced Meghan to say that Archie didn’t get a title because of his skin colour. I thought the interview (what I saw) was going pretty well but this seemed unprofessional to me.
I wonder who said about Archie’s skin colour? I missed that bit.
It was quite leading, Oprah was fishing, the Ssexes played along and the whole thing was tailored for a US audience, where the Ssexes want to make their fortune and base all their work.

They didn't want to say it, but I think they wanted to imply it was Will (partly because all articles since forever have been about a falling out between the brothers), though I don't believe this allegation at all. Charles stopped taking H's calls during Megxit, which was quite a bombshell and one of the most truthful things they said.

I am convinced they both lied throughout. Partly because they want to stand their ground and partly because this is for a US audience so you need to spin the story accordingly.

And yeah, they "married" 3 days before the wedding, except there were no witnesses and no one aside from the two of them and the archbishop, therefore it's de facto illegal and doesn't count as "wedding". She name dropped the archbishop basically... :rolleyes:
They had "personalized" vows, I find the traditional vows perfect as they are (you know, good times and bad etc etc)

Reactions: 5
The amount of people on social media and other places defending the claims of racism is eye opening. I can’t believe how many people are acting like the Royal family is a poor, innocent institution. It’s quite funny that after all these years of how they’ve treated people that it’s come to bite them on the bum.
Exactly this. I believe Meghan's experience as the RF seem totally capable of behaving that way. They have a very toxic history.

Reactions: 9
It was quite leading, Oprah was fishing, the Ssexes played along and the whole thing was tailored for a US audience, where the Ssexes want to make their fortune and base all their work.

I am convinced they both lied throughout. Partly because they want to stand their ground and partly because this is for a US audience so you need to spin the story accordingly.

And yeah, they "married" 3 days before the wedding, except there were no witnesses and no one aside from the two of them and the archbishop, therefore it's de facto illegal and doesn't count as "wedding". She name dropped the archbishop basically... :rolleyes:
They had "personalized" vows, I find the traditional vows perfect as they are (you know, good times and bad etc etc)
Yep, she acted then and she’s continued to do so now. She’s just not that convincing . If they felt that wronged by the alleged racial comments then she had a perfect opportunity to name who it was and call them out. But she never.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.