The Royal Family #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's an excellent piece in the New York Post, I'm rubbish at linking things. Calls her out, don't think this is going as well as they'd imagined.

Reactions: 3
@georg I agree it shouldn't be off limits for anyone. But can everyone understand how racism presents, its not always obvious. Piers Morgan showed a very very unpleasant side of himself this morning, Chaka Khan and Patricia Goddard spoke about an issue they have first hand experience of and they were not listened to. That's not OK.

Reactions: 25
Well, I believe her, not ever been very struck with her but I felt like that when I was pregnant with my second child over stuff going on at work. I remember saying the words, I want to go, I don't want to be here,as in alive. It's horrendous and the phase she used rang very true. I can’t believe they took her passport, that would feel like such a violation. Diana was driven to feeling suicidal, why is it hard to believe the same happened to Meghan?
Regarding who asked how dark the baby would be, it's got to be someone senior. I'm guessing William, Charles or Camilla. I think racism can be a lot more subtle than many white people imagine and I've no doubt she experienced it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I understood that the conversations about the baby's skin apparently took place early in the relationship, before they were married.

If this were to be the case then I don't understand why they didn't leave the institution before the wedding. Harry could have left and went to the US and they could have been married there. Or just have their private wedding in the UK, which they had anyway, and then quietly leave the BRF and live wherever they wanted.
So the Royal Family, who are Heads of not only many Caribbean countries, not to mention indigenous people in Australia and Canada, and Black and minority people in the UK and all previously mentioned countries and were celebrating the Commonwealth yesterday are allowed to be racist to a member of their own family as long as its swept under the carpet?

Well, I believe her, not ever been very struck with her but I felt like that when I was pregnant with my second child over stuff going on at work. I remember saying the words, I want to go, I don't want to be here,as in alive. It's horrendous and the phase she used rang very true. I can’t believe they took her passport, that would feel like such a violation. Diana was driven to feeling suicidal, why is it hard to believe the same happened to Meghan?
Regarding who asked how dark the baby would be, it's got to be someone senior. I'm guessing William, Charles or Camilla. I think racism can be a lot more subtle than many white people imagine and I've no doubt she experienced it.
I dont think Charles is racist. My guess is Phillip, who has form, after all.

Reactions: 9
@georg I agree it shouldn't be off limits for anyone. But can everyone understand how racism presents, its not always obvious. Piers Morgan showed a very very unpleasant side of himself this morning, Chaka Khan and Patricia Goddard spoke about an issue they have first hand experience of and they were not listened to. That's not OK.
Racism is absolutely something that everyone needs to discuss. But is absolutely not on that Piers Morgan tells people what is racist and what is not.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
So they got married three days previously and the actress acted out her royal wedding day at tax payers expense and she’s been acting ever since. It’s a farce and she’s a fake.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Lol at Kate’s perfect brand taking a dent.

I have been wondering if this is Harry’s revenge for his Mum.

Reactions: 9
Just listening to Sky News. There saying Opera is on CBS tonight talking about her interview and there are still clips and segments that will be shown that didn’t make the final show. This could run for days with all this new material

Reactions: 4
Everyone can speak about racism, even the controversial Piers. I don't think topics should be forbidden according the colour of your skin.
How can you speak about racism if you've never experienced it? Piers Morgan may have experienced many things. Racism is not one of them. I could say Homophobia doesn't exist because I've never seen it, well of course I've never seen it, I'm a straight woman! I would say I don't think it should exist and I have never experienced straight people being homophobic, but I would defer to the experience of a gay person.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
How can you speak about racism if you've never experienced it? Piers Morgan may have experienced many things. Racism is not one of them.
He is so awful, at any time. He is so weird about Meghan, I've wondered from the start what the real story is between them.
He doesn't add any insight to any story, it's all vein popping ranting.

Reactions: 12
I'm happy to post a link but it's probably not allowed as it's to another forum, but ...

Someone has said that Prince Philip was hospitalised due to a reaction to the COVID vaccination (like Captain Tom) - the other stories are all a cover.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Social media reaction is actually a lot more balanced that the British press would have us believe. Just scrolling through Twitter and a lot of people appear to support M&H. Especially younger people. It might not play in the RFs favour.

Reactions: 7
How can you speak about racism if you've never experienced it? Piers Morgan may have experienced many things. Racism is not one of them.
I'm not here to defend Piers. I really don't care about him. But I strongly believe that subjects should not be compartmentalized according to people's skin color. Everyone should be able to talk about everything. That's a sign of a society with strong democratic vitality. Here we are speaking about royal life that none of us has never experienced and will never experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I wander if The Duke will be released from hospital today. Most developments have tended to happen on a Monday morning.

Not seen any of it, just catching up with comments here.

My thoughts. I reckon it was Charles who asked about the colour of his skin, however I doubt it was meant in the negative way it was taken. Not saying it was right, but I think it's just a generational thing.

*disclaimer, I am not condoning the comment, it's just my thoughts on it, considering Charles age.

Reactions: 3
All I have to say about Piers Morgan is that he is even more abhorrent than I ever thought he could be - Dismissing her suicidal thoughts he contributed to and being a racist on morning television. Someone needs to sack him from GMB.

I've only seen points from the interview but it sounds like it was an even bigger car crash than I thought but I think this is all going to blow up in the Royals faces now - not commenting on the Kate / Megan story, Charles not talking to Harry, whoever made the comments about Archie's skin (My guess is Philip or Princess Michael who wore the racist brooch)

I'm not here to defend Piers. I really don't care about him. But I strongly believe that subjects should not be compartmentalized according to people's skin color. Everyone should be able to talk about everything. That's a sign of a society with strong democratic vitality. Here we are speaking about royal life that none of us has never experienced and will never experience.
I think there's a massive difference between discussing racism in conversation and a white, privileged man like Piers deciding what's racist or not.

Reactions: 16
not the biggest H&M fan (I mostly just feel indifferent) but god if I were meghan I'd want a restraining order from Piers. he is so utterly OBSSESSED with her and it's actually quite disturbing.

you can imagine him going around his day to day life, drinking a coffee, having a shower, making dinner and thinking about how much he hates meghan
Absolutely. He is incapable of having a balanced argument as he feels so wronged by her for some reason. He wants us to feel the way he does but I honestly don’t think the British public have that much passion either way about Harry and Meghan.
I’m also not convinced by the good cop act that Susannah put on, she just sat there making faces. If she really disagreed that strongly she should have made more of an effort to confront him.

Reactions: 8
I haven’t watched it yet, but I find it very hard to believe that Kate would make anyone cry.

Also Archie isnt that dark, and in fact is the spitting image of Harry.
Kate wouldn't have sent flowers and an apology if she hadn't made Meghan cry? She may not have intended to upset M but her actions afterwards suggest she then realised she had and so made the apology

Reactions: 4
The Royal Family need to comment, they can't not. I assume they will just say they're disappointed. I'm not a Meghan fan, I find her somewhat insincere but she is entitled to share her feelings and her experiences and I would never question someone who says they felt so unsupported that they considered taking their own life. That's as important an issue as the alleged racism.
I didn't expect this to come out in this interview or that I would feel like I do, it now makes sense to me why the Palace issued counter allegations last week.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.