The Royal Family #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Papers have him dead and buried. The Queen was on an official engagement today, albeit over zoom, would she have done that if her husband of 70 odd years was dying.
It was Wednesday but the film only released today - suspect the Queen knows the younger genreation are quite pro Harry and Meghan so she has to be seen to be relvant and prevent support for the monarchy among their supporters dropping.

Reactions: 4
llllll
Papers have him dead and buried. The Queen was on an official engagement today, albeit over zoom, would she have done that if her husband of 70 odd years was dying.
Isn't it pretty much a case of the show must go on till the actual death?

Reactions: 16
I dont think it would that out of character for the Queen to keep working even if he's on his deathbed. Aside from seeing it as her duty, she seems like the sort of person who would view it as "well there's nothing I can do about it at this point, so keep calm and carry on".

Reactions: 21
I find her choice of outfit and dark liner look for the Oprah interview very interesting. I've heard she likes to emulate Diana and often chooses to wear very similar outfits to Diana in similar situations.
This seems to be another one of those.
Also who 'dressed' Harry, his outfit is a complete contrast to Meghans dark look.View attachment 461843View attachment 461844
But I'm pleased she's making the baby puke on the shoulder fashionable for all those tired, 'sicked' on parents 🤣
That is a terrible dress!

Can you imagine the hysteria if Phil pegs it a few days after the interview? It will be all ' he died of a broken heart' even though hes 99!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Papers are saying they've been urged to shelve the interview, like they have a choice.

Reactions: 2
Talking about outperforming Kate, Anne at the age of 67 in 2017 carried out more engagements than Philip, William, Kate and Harry put together, according to The Independent. Kate carried out the fewest engagements of all the royals though she was pregnant for five months of that year.

Sounds like it wouldn't be difficult to show her up, even while pregnant.

Reactions: 11
The stuff people have written on Twitter about the queen working and not giving a toss about her husband is actually sickening. People have proceeded to bully a 94 year old woman who is doing things to keep herself going but keeping Phil in her thoughts ( she is wearing her engagement broach again).

Big Phil wouldn’t want her to stop working and what else I saw was like let Harry live his life , umm so because the queen is working and keeping herself going that’s not ok, oh but it’s ok for Harry and meghan to live their lives and put on a show when his grandfather is very sick. Where is the respect from them and Oprah bloody Winfrey she don’t care.

If Oprah had a shred of respect or
Dignity she would postpone or pull the show, but nope she wants her ratings and her money whilst a poorly man is hospital.

But the queen bears the abuse for working and doing her duty.

I don’t get it at all.

I dont think it would that out of character for the Queen to keep working even if he's on his deathbed. Aside from seeing it as her duty, she seems like the sort of person who would view it as "well there's nothing I can do about it at this point, so keep calm and carry on".

Reactions: 15
So I read this morning that producers of the Oprah interview are unwilling to change the timing of it, regardless of what were to happen in the UK.

So the Harkles have no control over it - isn't this the opposite of what they wanted?
I wonder how they feel about it. They must really hope that PP recovers.

I feel very bad for PP and TQ seeing all the speculation about his health everywhere. This must be so distressing, difficult and worrying anyway and to have it played out in the press and public - not easy. But they might be used to it, who knows.

In any case, this interview will be the final nail in the coffin for Has - nobody will want to see him again in the UK. How can you bash your country so much? Does he not understand that by blaming the press he also blames the public (the readers)?

Reactions: 10
I’m actually so bored of the British media (Piers Morgan especially) constantly ranting about H&M every, single, day. It’s just boring and so biased, they hate the couple and they won’t publish anything positive. Meghan hasn’t even said one word yet in the interview that we’ve heard and yet Piers Morgan is crying about it, again! So he’s already made his mind up, so what’s the point in listening to him or any other reporter? I know that M&H have done many questionable things and I’m not their biggest fan but I feel like the British media are beginning to shoot themselves in the foot, I’m beginning to defend M&H because it’s very clear that nothing good will be written about them no matter what

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Talking about outperforming Kate, Anne at the age of 67 in 2017 carried out more engagements than Philip, William, Kate and Harry put together, according to The Independent. Kate carried out the fewest engagements of all the royals though she was pregnant for five months of that year.

Sounds like it wouldn't be difficult to show her up, even while pregnant.
Pregnant for 5 months, was she on maternity for any? Also she suffers from hyperemesis, which leaves her hospitalised. Think it would be a better comparison if you looked at a year when she wasn't pregnant.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m actually so bored of the British media (Piers Morgan especially) constantly ranting about H&M every, single, day. It’s just boring and so biased, they hate the couple and they won’t publish anything positive. Meghan hasn’t even said one word yet in the interview that we’ve heard and yet Piers Morgan is crying about it, again! So he’s already made his mind up, so what’s the point in listening to him or any other reporter? I know that M&H have done many questionable things and I’m not their biggest fan but I feel like the British media are beginning to shoot themselves in the foot, I’m beginning to defend M&H because it’s very clear that nothing good will be written about them no matter what
Piers Morgan has a really weird obsession with Meghan 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 17
So I read this morning that producers of the Oprah interview are unwilling to change the timing of it, regardless of what were to happen in the UK.

So the Harkles have no control over it - isn't this the opposite of what they wanted?
I wonder how they feel about it. They must really hope that PP recovers.

I feel very bad for PP and TQ seeing all the speculation about his health everywhere. This must be so distressing, difficult and worrying anyway and to have it played out in the press and public - not easy. But they might be used to it, who knows.

In any case, this interview will be the final nail in the coffin for Has - nobody will want to see him again in the UK. How can you bash your country so much? Does he not understand that by blaming the press he also blames the public (the readers)?
The US has nothing to do with the Royal Family. They arent beholdenbtonthem. They just like the gossip. . If whoever has bought the UK rights want to postpone it, it's up to them. CBS have already done the interview so Harry may ask for a postponement but he cant force a huge network to do what they want. It's up to the British press and broadcasters to publish what they want, and they will choose this story.

Pregnant for 5 months, was she on maternity for any? Also she suffers from hyperemesis, which leaves her hospitalised. Think it would be a better comparison if you looked at a year when she wasn't pregnant.
I think both William and Kate's engagements have never gone over about 150 a year. Even if they did one a day that's hardly any, and a lit of the time, these are about half an hour each. They are notoriously lazy.

Reactions: 13
The US has nothing to do with the Royal Family. They arent beholdenbtonthem. They just like the gossip. . If whoever has bought the UK rights want to postpone it, it's up to them. CBS have already done the interview so Harry may ask for a postponement but he cant force a huge network to do what they want. It's up to the British press and broadcasters to publish what they want, and they will choose this story.
Yes, I agree that a US network is mainly focused on profit and has nothing to do with the BRF.

My comment referred to H and M giving up control over the broadcasting of the interview.

If the broadcasting will be ill-timed it will still be H and M that get the blame for it as they created this position

Reactions: 2
They may as
Yes, I agree that a US network is mainly focused on profit and has nothing to do with the BRF.

My comment referred to H and M giving up control over the broadcasting of the interview.

If the broadcasting will be ill-timed it will still be H and M that get the blame for it as they created this position
Yes that's true, but they may as well do what they want at this stage, because The DM will go for them no matter what they do because they sued them and won.

Reactions: 5
What is upsetting about Harry most is he is trashing the UK but regardless of how he earns his keep now (which is most likely still through Charles snd therefore the UK taxpayer), his entire set up is from the UK. What did their wedding cost? £35m? Plain old Harry Windsor couldn’t fund an £11 LA mansion either and Meghan certainly couldn’t.
He’s ungrateful beyond belief.
I also can’t stick oh he lost his mum young brigade. Plenty of people have terrible tragedies occur in their youth - it isn’t a free pass to be an hole forever more.

Reactions: 30
They may as

Yes that's true, but they may as well do what they want at this stage, because The DM will go for them no matter what they do because they sued them and won.
It won't just be the DM that will go for them - even people that still had good will towards h and M will lose patience.

It is ironic that you demand privacy and then give interviews with large TV hosts left right and center, this cannot be denied.

They could have lived a quiet life according to their wishes, there is no need to talk (badly) about the BRF and the press. They already made their point by leaving and suing.

Reactions: 9
How convenient for the Royal family that Harry and Meghan decided to leave when they did. It certainly took the press attention off uncle Andy. Whatever happened with all that unsavoury business anyway? The media have gone rather quiet 🤫 where is the investigative journalism? Instead they are scrutinising Meghans terrible sense of style and choice of makeup. Good Lord!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.