The Royal Family #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She hadn’t met Oprah before the wedding by all accounts
I read that too...same with George and Amal Clooney. Social climbing at its finest. She’s so
‘obvious’ with what she does. She will probably write a book next .

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I don't think their popularity will drop much more - the younger pro camp will stay supportive due to the racism/fighting the media issues.

Reactions: 2
I wonder how interested the American audience will be , she was never a big star there was she.

Reactions: 13
I wonder how interested the American audience will be , she was never a big star there was she.
Now if they had held on for a bit and done some more work with their patronages, gone on tour to America, Meghan wore stylish clothes that put her on the top dressed lists, etc and then left the Royal Family they would have a better shot at getting work in America because the people would know them. But right now, because they worked for so little time whilst married, they haven’t been able to make their mark and stand out.

Reactions: 17
These two are going to be whining and complaining at the same time that Prince Philip has been transferred to a heart hospital and may not even be alive by then 😮

Wow, could they get any lower? 😱

Reactions: 20
What’s so weird Harry knows his grandfather is sick in hospital and rather then put out a statement out sending his wishes to his grandfather to show they are thinking about him.

He does the opposite and appears with her in clips of Oprah.

Meghan has no shame she lost her family and now Harry will do the same, we should have listened to her family when they said what she was like.

His grandparents both have big bdays this year and rather then celebrate with them, Meghan wants to destroy them.

I pray that PP gets through and makes his 100th bday and is reunited with his wife. PP gave up a so much for the queen, he has to obey her he gave it all up , and he did that out of love.

These two are going to be whining and complaining at the same time that Prince Philip has been transferred to a heart hospital and may not even be alive by then 😮

Wow, could they get any lower? 😱

Reactions: 14
Do we know that Harry hasn't been in touch with his grandparents? I haven't read anything around that (hark at me making it sound like I read anything, I totally rely on tattle to give me the news 😆😆)

Is everyone watching the interview? I'm not. I wonder if people who say how much they hate Harry and Meghan and their thirst for publicity will actually tune in 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Media says he supposedly has but I don’t believe it. If he had any concern he would be here to be here for his grandfather.

I won’t watch it because it’s Meghan acting and fake, she can put her emotions on and I don’t want to give Oprah any of my time watching.

Do we know that Harry hasn't been in touch with his grandparents? I haven't read anything around that (hark at me making it sound like I read anything, I totally rely on tattle to give me the news 😆😆)

Is everyone watching the interview? I'm not. I wonder if people who say how much they hate Harry and Meghan and their thirst for publicity will actually tune in 😆

Reactions: 1
Philip being moved to St Barts makes me wonder if he was originally admitted to hospital with a heart/lung infection. Harry wouldn't have caused it but he's certainly not helping by adding a wheelbarrow full of stress to the situation. I just hope the family are keeping Phil in the dark so he can rest.

Reactions: 8
I am! People might say ‘eurgh, you have no life’ and they’d be 100% correct 😂
I think Meghan’s choice of make up, hair and clothing is interesting for the Oprah interview. She usually has it down, but if it’s up it’s messy. When doing confessional type interviews you usually wear light colours (she’s wearing black, which might be nothing because she likes to dress in black) and clean ‘natural’ make up but she’s gone for a very heavy eye which looks a bit out of place. Harry looks ‘fresh’ in his light grey suit, no tie and open buttons but Meghan looks like she’s ready for a fight with her sleek updo and heavy eyelook. Those two look the opposite of each other, like night and day. It’s not very cohesive from an aesthetic point of view. Also it looks like a bird shat on her shoulder with that white detailing.

• Haha
I am! People might say ‘eurgh, you have no life’ and they’d be 100% correct 😂
I think Meghan’s choice of make up, hair and clothing is interesting for the Oprah interview. She usually has it down, but if it’s up it’s messy. When doing confessional type interviews you usually wear light colours (she’s wearing black, which might be nothing because she likes to dress in black) and clean ‘natural’ make up but she’s gone for a very heavy eye which looks a bit out of place. Harry looks ‘fresh’ in his light grey suit, no tie and open buttons but Meghan looks like she’s ready for a fight with her sleek updo and heavy eyelook. Those two look the opposite of each other, like night and day. It’s not very cohesive from an aesthetic point of view.
If they interest you fair enough. My point was those that dislike them and still watch it. I don't understand that personally

Reactions: 5
I'm not quite sure why anyone thinks Meghan owes it to the royals to give up her life for them. I'm not that keen on her but I can see why they left, life as a second string royal must be boring and they got a lot of hassle. I think a lot of the ultra royalists problems are that if senior members can up and leave then they can't be that special, the royal family hinges on the idea they're some how special and different from the rest of us. As soon as they're not, what is the point?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think people are forgetting that the Royal Family aren’t a normal family and none of us know what is happening behind the scenes. Harry will no doubt be kept in the loop around his Grandfather’s health but will be towing the family line when it comes to statements i.e. none. They will all take instructions from The Queen as usual and she will be listening to her advisers around what to reveal. Harry will be told whether to come home or to stay away and he will listen.
At the end of the day he was only ever a ‘spare’ in the family not required once Wills started to reproduce, no doubt both sides are annoyed about different things but less face it the Royal Family will be most concerned about the adverse publicity.
Saying that he is family, they do love him and he loves them, he’ll be as concerned as everyone else and he will be speaking to them. People seem to think they know the situation due to a few very biased news reports and limited statements. None of us really know anything do we? Apart from they now live in America, there is an Oprah interview and are having another baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
If they interest you fair enough. My point was those that dislike them and still watch it. I don't understand that personally
On one hand, I agree. If you're so bothered by some people, people you don't even know, people who aren't living off of your taxes anymore, why get all this rage? Sometimes I'm annoyed by the expression, but in this case it fits perfectly: Living rent free in some people's heads.
Also, if you want interest to die, then you can't click on the articles, blog posts etc.

On the other hand, I think that if you're going to comment, you better watch and then be fair. As example just the most recent interview with James C, going by the way the headlines were written and the quotes etc it looked like a massive train wreck. Rapping with James, like, really?? But then watching it was a whole other thing and the "rap" was more of a recital of a couple of lines of a lyric goaded by James.

On the suggestion of putting out a statement by Harry of well wishes for Phil: Just no. That would go over like a lead balloon with the family, Phil and the public. You just don't do that. And whatever happens to Phil, it's only Phil's office/the family who puts out a statement and no one else.

I won’t watch but I will tattle about it. Don’t want to add to the viewing figures!
There are ways of watching without adding viewing figures ;)
Tbh I don't want to add to the figures, either, no way. But there are links, so you can watch a million times and it's not going to be logged.

Reactions: 6
I thought they would have gone for more casual clothing and a more dewy look for Meghan's makeup. It wouldve made them appear more relateable.

Apparently she is wearing a bracelet of Diana's for it. Between the dress that cost thousands, the diamonds and the multi million dollar house its hard to feel sorry for them.

Reactions: 21
On one hand, I agree. If you're so bothered by some people, people you don't even know, people who aren't living off of your taxes anymore, why get all this rage? Sometimes I'm annoyed by the expression, but in this case it fits perfectly: Living rent free in some people's heads.
Also, if you want interest to die, then you can't click on the articles, blog posts etc.

On the other hand, I think that if you're going to comment, you better watch and then be fair. As example just the most recent interview with James C, going by the way the headlines were written and the quotes etc it looked like a massive train wreck. Rapping with James, like, really?? But then watching it was a whole other thing and the "rap" was more of a recital of a couple of lines of a lyric goaded by James.

On the suggestion of putting out a statement by Harry of well wishes for Phil: Just no. That would go over like a lead balloon with the family, Phil and the public. You just don't do that. And whatever happens to Phil, it's only Phil's office/the family who puts out a statement and no one else.

There are ways of watching without adding viewing figures ;)
Tbh I don't want to add to the figures, either, no way. But there are links, so you can watch a million times and it's not going to be logged.
I can see your point. But there’s a theme with the type of programmes he’s going on and who’s interviewing. James Corden, Oprah, will it be Ellen next and the whole audience get a copy of Megs first book ‘ Living with the Royals - My Story’ . It’s all very reality show. I don’t know the answer but I really don’t think people are as interested in them as they like to think.

Reactions: 6
I can see your point. But there’s a theme with the type of programmes he’s going on and who’s interviewing. James Corden, Oprah, will it be Ellen next and the whole audience get a copy of Megs first book ‘ Living with the Royals - My Story’ . It’s all very reality show. I don’t know the answer but I really don’t think people are as interested in them as they like to think.

You get a book, you get a book, everybody gets a book.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I'm not quite sure why anyone thinks Meghan owes it to the royals to give up her life for them. I'm not that keen on her but I can see why they left, life as a second string royal must be boring and they got a lot of hassle. I think a lot of the ultra royalists problems are that if senior members can up and leave then they can't be that special, the royal family hinges on the idea they're some how special and different from the rest of us. As soon as they're not, what is the point?
Probably best to not date and marry a royal Prince then. She must have known what it involved. Whether you like the royals or not, It's without doubt a stuffy institution, but it's an ultra privileged life. Nobody can tell me she was that naive as she's obviously intelligent. She is certainly living a cushy life now she's married Harry. Multi million dollar mansion, no doubt flying from location to location, having a kid with another on the way, all while telling us about climate change and the importance of protecting the climate.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.