The Royal Family #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Queen had probably promised the tiara to Eugenie, I expect such things are discussed and the girls get their pick. I don't think it was personal but the entitled pricks took it that way. Honestly the pair of them sound like nightmares. Should have got married in a registry office but instead we all had to pretend for the day.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yeah with something like that I'm sure people who've grown up around it have asked years in advance for their favourite.
Oh shite has her lawyer already commented on the bullying stuff today?

Reactions: 3
The tiara story grew its own legs.
It's not that she didn't get to wear the one she wanted (how would she even have known about the emerald tiara when it wasn't an option and therefore wouldn't have been shown to M? It's also not a tiara that's been seen much or ever before Eug. Makes no sense), but she wanted access to it whenever for trials etc and that's not how it works, you need an appointment with Angela Kelly and the Ssexes wanted to circumvent AK. This has been as such pretty much confirmed by BP.

The bullying allegations are old, but now they are pretty much confirmed.

I think Kate’s dress is my least favourite out of the recent Royals. She looks stunning but for some reason I don’t like lace, although I think it looks lovely on others.

I think Meghan looked incredible, her dress was gorgeous and definitely my favourite.

I loved how vintage Beatrice’s dress was and I loved how extravagant yet simple Eugenie’s dress was. For two sister who were absolutely ripped apart over their fashion choices at Kate and Will’s wedding, they sure did wear some absolutely stunning dresses.
Same! Meg's is my favourite along with Eug's.
Bea's is the sweetest sentiment-wise and she looked great in it. Videos would've made it look even better (the sparkles!).

Ultimate princess bride for me is Madeleine of Sweden though. Princess-perfection. The only thing that wasn't great was that she'd lost loads of weight prior to the wedding due to stress (like most brides) and then it ended up being too big, it was altered already and couldn't be taken in any further, so the shoulder sleeves kept slipping.

Victoria's was at first underwhelming, but I've grown to like it and I think it'll probably age well as a type of timeless simple elegance.

Lace has been very overdone over the past decade, esp. considering all the lace day dresses as well.

Maxima's wedding dress was also great.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I can't risk publically commenting on meghan as i know people in real life who might use it to report me for racism.

I didn’t see GMB but saw a clip and even Susana changed her tune too.

I think when Harry married her he wanted her to get eveything she wanted and he threw tantrums if Meghan was refused things.

The whole tiara thing for the wedding Harry was pissed of because Meghan couldn’t wear a tiara she wanted and said what Meghan wants Meghan gets.

I can’t remember if she got it in the end to wear the tiara of her choice.
Susana has been a clone of Piers a lot recently on many issues - she rarely disagrees with him anymore.

Last edited:
I have always given Meghan the benefit of the doubt, and I do think she and Harry have been thrown to the wolves to protect Andrew and possibly William as well. But I can’t shake the feeling that she seems to fall out with people a lot, we can’t get on with everyone we know. But sometimes you have to just make an effort and be civil to keep the peace.

Im also interested to know about the dynamic between Meghan and her mother. She was absent for a large part of Meghans childhood which is why Meghan was raised by her Dad and his girlfriend. The girlfriend and Meghan were said to be close, although not any more which seems to the story of Meghan’s life.

Reactions: 15
I can't risk publically commenting on meghan as i know people have me on a racist watchlist.
You can criticise her without being racist, there is absolutely no excuse to be racist whatsoever, and if you are then your entire argument becomes invalid. If you’re on some kind of “racist watchlist” whatever that is, then maybe rethink the way you speak about people.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
You can criticise her without being racist, there is absolutely no excuse to be racist whatsoever, and if you are then your entire argument becomes invalid. If you’re on some kind of “racist watchlist” whatever that is, then maybe rethink the way you speak about people.
A lot of people I know see any criticism as racism because to them only racists dislike her.

Reactions: 8
This is true, my kids are woke.:rolleyes: I think I'm fair in my attitude but the young people will not allow criticism of Meghan. Something has definitely shifted in society, maybe its a good thing 🤔

Reactions: 1
As far as I'm concerned Meghan is a complete narcissist. My father was a narcissist so I recognise them when I see them. I also think she's abusing Harry. Not in a physical way but the whole 'love bombing' him and seperating him from his family. I think Harry needed to get away from the life of royalty for his mental health but he'd have been happy to move to Africa and be involved in conservation projects out of the public eye. Which is what he needed. Instead, he's in L.A. totally in the public eye without his family to back him up. She's out to make as much money as possible out of his background and that's the only reason she married him. I wouldn't trust her as far as I can spit her. I'm not a fan of the Royal family though I have utmost respect for the Queen, but no one deserves to be in an abusive relationship. And the only thing you can do with narcissists is run as far away as possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
A lot of people I know see any criticism as racism because to them only racists dislike her.

It's a really stupid attitude to believe that any criticism of a member of a different race = racism. It is pretty much reducing the individual to having nothing about them other than their race or the colour of their skin. To my mind that is actually probably more racist than whatever the criticism being accused of racism actually is.

Reactions: 13
Why haven't ITV press office stated the broadcast time for the Oprah interview? It's being generally reported as going out at 8 pm on Monday but the length seems unclear.

Wonder what they are waiting for, and whether the UK will get an edited version?

Reactions: 1
It's a really stupid attitude to believe that any criticism of a member of a different race = racism. It is pretty much reducing the individual to having nothing about them other than their race or the colour of their skin. To my mind that is actually probably more racist than whatever the criticism being accused of racism actually is.
But conversely ignoring the racism that has happened or not acknowledging that race is an issue is just as bad. Racism isn't always overt.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Why haven't ITV press office stated the broadcast time for the Oprah interview? It's being generally reported as going out at 8 pm on Monday but the length seems unclear.

Wonder what they are waiting for, and whether the UK will get an edited version?
I suspect they are waiting to see what happens regarding Philip. If he dies and they show it in the immediate aftermath it will cause a tit storm, and they won’t want the bad publicity as they rely advertising revenue.

Reactions: 7
I have always given Meghan the benefit of the doubt, and I do think she and Harry have been thrown to the wolves to protect Andrew and possibly William as well. But I can’t shake the feeling that she seems to fall out with people a lot, we can’t get on with everyone we know. But sometimes you have to just make an effort and be civil to keep the peace.

Im also interested to know about the dynamic between Meghan and her mother. She was absent for a large part of Meghans childhood which is why Meghan was raised by her Dad and his girlfriend. The girlfriend and Meghan were said to be close, although not any more which seems to the story of Meghan’s life.
That's because nothing's black and white, but a million shades of grey.

None of them come out of this smelling like roses, they all have tit sticking to them.

The Ssexes were thrown to the wolves for Andy and the Cambs.
The Ssexes also behaved terribly and had ideas that are incompatible with royal life, esp. Meghan. It is clear they didn't want to leave, their idea was to stay but also pursue whatever they wanted. Instead, they were given an either or option and that's it. So they were effectively cast out with the option of a return, but last summer it was clear that wasn't happening (Netflix, Spotify deals). Plus her using people, ghosting them etc. Her character never came out looking good, ever.

The Cambs were tit, too. The blind of going shopping in a car to a shop around the corner, meeting Meg on foot, chatting and realizing you go to the same place but not offering a lift? Like, come on. That's crap behaviour from anyone. If Kate preferred to shop alone, fine, could've offered a lift and then gone their espective ways, but she shops all the frikkin time, she could've set a couple of hours aside and shopped with Meg together. She gave birth soon after, but let's not pretend like she's a "normal" mum who's at it alone with 3 sprogs, a working husband and no help. She could've offered a few hours of her precious time every once in a while to get to know Meg and be there for her s-i-l. If they realize they are to different and don't get along, fine, don't meet up anymore. But there wasn't even an attempt at getting to know the new family member and thats shyte behaviour. They lived next to each other and shared offices ffs.
The Cambs also leaked about the Ssexes. Anyone would hate that.

Why the Ssexes think their defence and stories will have the public sympathetic is beyond me. Just the story of them wanting to land from Canada or whereever and go straight to Liz for a talk (confrontation actually) is baffling. You don't spring that on your average grandparent or parent, never mind a 90 year old and never mind your boss. What the heck.

And Liz allowed anything to get her beloved Andy off the heat.

Plus the family's inability to protect their staff from bullying through an employer (Harry begging Jason to drop the "issue") is devastating to their track record as employers.

This all speaks volumes and the conclusion is they're all shyte.
But that's hardly new or news.
It's just confirmation, time and time again.

This is true, my kids are woke.:rolleyes: I think I'm fair in my attitude but the young people will not allow criticism of Meghan. Something has definitely shifted in society, maybe its a good thing 🤔
Not really. It's really bad nowadays I find, because any dicourse is stifled. Criticise something simple, which makes sense, and you're a racist. Praise when there is something to praise and the other camp accuses you of being a sugar or a "paid troll". Not to go toooo OT, but what JK Rowling wrote for instance was good, but it was taken apart and spun into something entirely else and it's "be supportive (of whatever) or be cancelled" and that's not healthy. That's not progress and the opposite of discourse, which is always important in any discussion to allow various opinions for a rounded view.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I know that I'm stating the bleedin' obvious here BUT Meghan would never have given Harry a second glance if he wasn't a Royal Prince would she ?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
@vikka about this bit

The Cambs were tit, too. The blind of going shopping in a car to a shop around the corner, meeting Meg on foot, chatting and realizing you go to the same place but not offering a lift? Like, come on. That's crap behaviour from anyone. If Kate preferred to shop alone, fine, could've offered a lift and then gone their espective ways, but she shops all the frikkin time, she could've set a couple of hours aside and shopped with Meg together. She gave birth soon after, but let's not pretend like she's a "normal" mum who's at it alone with 3 sprogs, a working husband and no help. She could've offered a few hours of her precious time every once in a while to get to know Meg and be there for her s-i-l. If they realize they are to different and don't get along, fine, don't meet up anymore. But there wasn't even an attempt at getting to know the new family member and thats shyte behaviour. They lived next to each other and shared offices ffs.

The story there is that Megz had not only set up a paparazzi shot of Kate and Megz shopping, but the photos were already being shopped around the news desks before the outing took place. KP was tipped off and the shopping trip duly cancelled. And then Megz team leaked it to Lainey Gossip as 'Kate refused to give poor Meghan a lift'.

Right there is everything anyone would need to know someone's true intentions.

Reactions: 32
@vikka about this bit

The story there is that Megz had not only set up a paparazzi shot of Kate and Megz shopping, but the photos were already being shopped around the news desks before the outing took place. KP was tipped off and the shopping trip duly cancelled. And then Megz team leaked it to Lainey Gossip as 'Kate refused to give poor Meghan a lift'.

Right there is everything anyone would need to know someone's true intentions.
I haven't heard that, if true, it's obvs tit from M.

Doesn't negate the tit behaviour from the Cambs still though, like never socializing. How cold hearted and self centered can you be? If you hear sth on the grape vine, you should still try, in the end it's just come back to bite them all in the ass.

Where was that said, that Meg had paps set up? If true, it's a real low.
Thanks for the info, Baguette!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.