The Royal Family #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Kate’s dress is my least favourite out of the recent Royals. She looks stunning but for some reason I don’t like lace, although I think it looks lovely on others.

I think Meghan looked incredible, her dress was gorgeous and definitely my favourite.

I loved how vintage Beatrice’s dress was and I loved how extravagant yet simple Eugenie’s dress was. For two sister who were absolutely ripped apart over their fashion choices at Kate and Will’s wedding, they sure did wear some absolutely stunning dresses.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Fantastic pics!

In these pics Soraya and Farah look like twins!!
Fawzia, the shah's first wife, was also a beauty.

Seems that his mother and sisters made all his wives' lives hell (been reading up a bit on them spurred by these pics!).
Glad you like the pictures! The Shah had great taste in women! Yes, the sisters and mother were a very odd bunch. They viewed the wives as a threat for some reason.

Reactions: 4
Still catching up here. But totally agree with the person who said Kate Middleton is bone idle. She never had a full time job in her life. She is no role model for my 16 year daughter. What, spend your 20s chasing a wealthy man? Well apparently William's bodyguards called her the mattress. I totally believe William has had affairs Her past behaviour suggests that she will put up with anything, just to be in the position she is in.

Reactions: 22
Yes once you start calling a woman you don't know and who has done absolutely nothing to you the C word and the b word, you need to start taking a long hard look at yourself. She is easily avoidable, but they love it too much, and they know it!
It's a bullying thing someone like Piers Morgan can whip up hatred for an individual and people who already have racist tendencies love it and the DM newspaper is a master at this kind of thing eventually the weak minded sheep will follow and shout insults whilst waving their pitchforks around going along for the ride.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Is anybody surprised by the new bullying accusations? They are not totally new, it has been alluded to in the press before.

Not a good look for the palace, now it seems that they don't investigate bullying properly...

Still catching up here. But totally agree with the person who said Kate Middleton is bone idle. She never had a full time job in her life. She is no role model for my 16 year daughter. What, spend your 20s chasing a wealthy man? Well apparently William's bodyguards called her the mattress. I totally believe William has had affairs Her past behaviour suggests that she will put up with anything, just to be in the position she is in.
To be honest I wouldn't use any of the Royal Family as role models for my kids, and they wouldnt even think of them as role models either but yes definitely, I'd be disappointed if my daughter sat around waiting for a rich man to marry her for 10 years after I'd worked my socks off to send her to Marlborough, but I'm not Carole Middleton!

• Heart
Is anybody surprised by the new bullying accusations? They are not totally new, it has been alluded to in the press before.

Not a good look for the palace, now it seems that they don't investigate bullying properly...
I always assumed the bullying allegations were false. But clearly not, the times is not the kind of paper to run sensationalist stories like the sun or mail. And it seems reading the full article they have their 'receipts' all in order.
This looks terrible for Meghan, Harry and Buckingham palace. It seems the palace did all they could to protect Meghan when they should have been protecting their staff from her.
There is only so long you can brush things under the carpet before things start to spill out.

Reactions: 17
Does anyone know any good books on the Iranian or other middle easter Royals?

@annapolly The mother and sisters are probably like a lot of families, close to the boys when they’re the central women in their lives, but demoted to extended family once the boy marries. It seems to be an ironic side effect of the mental load. Women are expected to run the social calendar and when it becomes a wifes job over the mother’s of course she will be more likely to favour her own sides commitments over her husbands side. If the mans parents had raised him to be responsible for his own family commitments from the start he’d probably still prioritise them once married.

Reactions: 3
I always assumed the bullying allegations were false. But clearly not, the times is not the kind of paper to run sensationalist stories like the sun or mail. And it seems reading the full article they have their 'receipts' all in order.
This looks terrible for Meghan, Harry and Buckingham palace. It seems the palace did all they could to protect Meghan when they should have been protecting their staff from her.
There is only so long you can brush things under the carpet before things start to spill out.
I agree with you.

And it also undermines Oprah's credibility - she based the interview on the victim / racism narrative by the looks of it and now it becomes clear that she wasn't aware of all these other problems which doesn't reflect well on her and her "big revealing interview, nothing is off limits, some pretty shocking stuff had been said".

Oprah won't like it and might feel resentment against the H and M if they - which is likely - did not tell her about all this stuff about bullying and the earrings that now came out.

The interview is still a few days away... I wonder what story will break on Friday or Saturday, in time for the weekend.

H and M must be shitting themselves. This must be so stressful for them. Is it really worth it?

It's interesting that Jason Knauf is named as one of the people she bullied, because he's also one of the Palace team the daily mail say wrote that letter to her father. All very murky...

It's interesting that Jason Knauf is named as one of the people she bullied, because he's also one of the Palace team the daily mail say wrote that letter to her father. All very murky...
Oh, I read it as him having written the email about bullying of other (female?) staff members. Did I misunderstand this?

On GMB it was also said that the allegedly bullied staff members did not want to pursue the complaint once they were approached - so I understood Jason Knauf sent the email to the responsible people, they approached the affected team members asking about it and the affected team members said that they did not wish the complaint to be pursued/ investigated. I might be wrong.

Reactions: 6
Oh, I read it as him having written the email about bullying of other (female?) staff members. Did I misunderstand this?

On GMB it was also said that the allegedly bullied staff members did not want to pursue the complaint once they were approached - so I understood Jason Knauf sent the email to the responsible people, they approached the affected team members asking about it and the affected team members said that they did not wish the complaint to be pursued/ investigated. I might be wrong.
I think you're right, haven't had coffee yet. 😂
It's still interesting that he's involved, he definitely knows where all the bodies are buried. It's also interesting that Meghan would act that way, you'd think she would have spent the first few years learning her new role. What a mess it all is, personally there's no amount of money that would make it worthwhile to air all my dirty laundry in public, which is what H&M will have to do to stay relevant and earn money.

Reactions: 7

This is what l have taken from it too. It seems that they left and let's be honest, this is frequently what happens when there are bullying allegations.

I remember a long standing aide leaving after 17 years and Meghan causing issues with her 'up and at 'em' attitude. I also recall the story of Meghan upsetting Kate before the wedding was officially refuted. That seemed unusual at the time but now it is what was not denied that speaks volumes.

The timing of this though 😬 it doesn't look good that this has come out. It seems that the allegations are true but were not proven. The statement from the Sussexes is telling me there is something very serious going on here. This is more than just about media attention as seems to have been alleged. There is a serious rift between the two camps.

Andrew Neil made me laugh referring to Harry as Mr Markle and saying the sooner they go away the better...!

Reactions: 6
I missed Piers was it good? Haven't read the allegations yet either 😕
I believe Meghan is capable of it, didn't her and Harry go through a lot of staff. She's a disruptor.

Reactions: 5
I didn’t see GMB but saw a clip and even Susana changed her tune too.

I think when Harry married her he wanted her to get eveything she wanted and he threw tantrums if Meghan was refused things.

The whole tiara thing for the wedding Harry was pissed of because Meghan couldn’t wear a tiara she wanted and said what Meghan wants Meghan gets.

I can’t remember if she got it in the end to wear the tiara of her choice.

I missed Piers was it good? Haven't read the allegations yet either 😕
I believe Meghan is capable of it, didn't her and Harry go through a lot of staff. She's a disruptor.

Reactions: 2
I didn’t see GMB but saw a clip and even Susana changed her tune too.

I think when Harry married her he wanted her to get eveything she wanted and he threw tantrums if Meghan was refused things.

The whole tiara thing for the wedding Harry was pissed of because Meghan couldn’t wear a tiara she wanted and said what Meghan wants Meghan gets.

I can’t remember if she got it in the end to wear the tiara of her choice.
No she didn't get the tiara that she originally wanted, but was given a selection to choose from by the Queen. Wasn't the one that Eugenie wore one of Megan's choices or did I read that wrong? 😂

Reactions: 5
Omg yes now I remember the one Eugenie wore is the one Meghan wanted to wear. Harry was pissed that Meghan couldn’t wear that one

No she didn't get the tiara that she originally wanted, but was given a selection to choose from by the Queen. Wasn't the one that Eugenie wore one of Megan's choices or did I read that wrong? 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.