Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I'd happily watch a slim Catherine over some pudgy fat princess waddling around any day. In all the royal houses there are very, very few who are overweight. Those who are, are hardly worth looking at from a fashion perspective and I love fashion. No one looks twice at Princess Charlene and her awful cover-up fashion, to go with her permanently miserable face. Same with the Dutch Princess, who also can never manage a smile. So the extra weight certainly doesn't help with confidence and a sparkling personality, unlike her mother, the fabulous Queen Maxima.
Princess Mary, Queen Rania, Queen Letizia, Princess Olympia, Princess Caroline, Rajwa Al Saif and many others always look amazing. Also can't imagine Charlotte Casiraghi representing Chanel while waddling like a duck either. Instead she gets her svelte figure on her horse and rides the Chanel show.
I may not like all of Catherine's fashion choices, but she'd look a lot worse if she were overweight. Of course the taller lean women with good proportions always look better than e.g. a Meghan who though now is slimmer again, still has that odd Sponge Bob figure. So slim is not always a guarantee to looking fabulous, but if you're prepared to tailor for the short squat ones, you can look great. Zara doesn't have a waist either, but she has a great stylist, who dresses her well to disguise that little flaw and she looks amazing.
No wonder so many woman in the public eye have problems with eating disorders with opinions like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I don’t have much problem with Camilla but my opinion has gone down a bit with her not attending the reception last night, not going to the Mall yesterday and with her looking so bored today.
I thought she looked scared witless for most of it.

Reactions: 42

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
I'd happily watch a slim Catherine over some pudgy fat princess waddling around any day. In all the royal houses there are very, very few who are overweight. Those who are, are hardly worth looking at from a fashion perspective and I love fashion. No one looks twice at Princess Charlene and her awful cover-up fashion, to go with her permanently miserable face. Same with the Dutch Princess, who also can never manage a smile. So the extra weight certainly doesn't help with confidence and a sparkling personality, unlike her mother, the fabulous Queen Maxima.
Princess Mary, Queen Rania, Queen Letizia, Princess Olympia, Princess Caroline, Rajwa Al Saif and many others always look amazing. Also can't imagine Charlotte Casiraghi representing Chanel while waddling like a duck either. Instead she gets her svelte figure on her horse and rides the Chanel show.
I may not like all of Catherine's fashion choices, but she'd look a lot worse if she were overweight. Of course the taller lean women with good proportions always look better than e.g. a Meghan who though now is slimmer again, still has that odd Sponge Bob figure. So slim is not always a guarantee to looking fabulous, but if you're prepared to tailor for the short squat ones, you can look great. Zara doesn't have a waist either, but she has a great stylist, who dresses her well to disguise that little flaw and she looks amazing.
Wow, this reads as very judgemental about women's bodies and what you perceive to be the ideal. I rarely think Kate dresses well or looks good in her choice of outfit but presumably she likes it so fair enough.

Reactions: 38

kingseven

VIP Member
I hate the way Louis has become stereotyped so quickly, just by behaving like a normal 4/5 year old during family occasions which feel very long and boring for someone his age.

I loved during the Jubilee Weekend when his parents had been trying to keep him occupied for some time and he asked for ‘Pa’ and William turned and asked ‘Grandpa, can Louis sit on your knee?’ It reminds you they are human just like us.

I hope he grows up to become his own man comfortable in his own right and identity and doesn’t feel burdened by the weight of being the ‘Spare’.

Reactions: 30

Blonde_moment

Chatty Member
Don’t think there’s any need for the body shaming. I’m a size 10, but I’m quite boyish without much of a waist, boobs or hips. Can’t do anything about that, but I won’t let it stop me feeling good in my clothes! We all come in different shapes and sizes and can choose clothes to flatter. I think all the women in the royal family can look lovely when dressed well.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
What tv coverage did you watch? I watched BBC and felt I missed all the guests arriviny, including the Royals.
Yes and that was the only bit I was bothered about! I'm going to have a look for it on iPlayer later.

I must say, I thought the floral headdresses were beautiful. Don't get me wrong, I love a tiara, but I felt the floral ones looked very modern and appropriate. And the children looked absolutely adorable yesterday. Charlotte would've looked like she was playing dress up in Claire's Accessories with a bling tiara. Their look was perfection.

Screenshot_20230507_072031_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230507_021143_Facebook.jpg

MVP though, was surely Penny "biceps" Mordaunt. Looking like an Olympic goddess with that sword, her arms must be killing her this morning.

• Heart

kingseven

VIP Member
Camilla's not always in the best of health, so I could see her trying to relax as much as possible to conserve her strength for tomorrow.
I've always felt that Queening is not something she is overly keen on and merely the price she pays for being with the man she loves. (Thus speaketh the gullible hopeless romantic in me!) I'm sure she would be happier to spend her remaining years at home with the occasional G&T and visits from Grandchildren.

I wouldn't like to be in her shoes either. I think I would be endlessly conscious of walking in the shadow of both QE2 and Princess Diana.

I do think she is an integral component in making KCIII the best person and Monarch he can be. She appears to be able to pre-empt his moods and manage them appropriately diffusing any outbursts. (The Northern Ireland leaky pen is my best evidence here). He is clearly an emotional character and needs someone to help manage and channel that emotion in a positive way. Diana at such a young age never stood a chance at being able to be the supporting act for such a complex character.

I also love to see how comfortable they are in each others company and how much they laugh together.

(Also as a sidenote this post is more gushing than my usual style but I love the pomp and circumstance of our Royal Family and live for big events like these so I may have had some wines to celebrate :D:coronation:)

• Heart

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Being overweight is not just about looks, it's about health!!! This applies to both women and men
And yet your horrible comment conveniently only singled out women, and never once mentioned their health, only their figure, appearance, faces and fashion style.
If you're gonna write judgmental, cruel, sexist comments at least have the balls to own it instead of pathetically hiding behind health concerns.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

50sGirl

VIP Member
She’s allowed to exist. It’s not like she was getting papped during the ceremony.
Oh come on, it’s hardly a coincidence that she was “papped“ over the coronation weekend! I honestly thought she’d have the common sense to not make it so obvious and do it this weekend but no, a narcissist needs her fix. Sad really.

Reactions: 26

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
I can't believe people honestly believe they'd make this up....

While the wording of this article is funny it is possible to get into a car chase for two hours - a chase usually involves two cars and can absolutely happen for two hours if the other car is trying to lose the other, traffic etc.

I'm waiting for more information on this but if most people immediate thought is they made it up no wonder they fucked off.
If people can’t take what he says at face value because he’s prone to lying or exaggerating then that’s on him.

Reactions: 26

50sGirl

VIP Member
Yes I hope we aren’t going down that route again. Sarah Ferguson was treated appallingly by the tabloids in the 80s. It’s no wonder they are so scared to put on a pound or two. I think Beatrice was mocked for a while too - although not on the same scale as her mother Sarah.

Reactions: 25

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Yeah i tend to agree with others saying he is looking for issues now it seems and he's obviously not in the right headspace. God knows what his mentality is like, but he isn't able to stay quiet and live his life in California.
I’ve always said that Harry just has the type of personality that will never be comtent. He will always be looking over the fence and thinking the grass is greener and that he would only be happy if he could join the Army/have less press interest/have a family of his own/be out of the Royal bubble but every time he gets his if it’s not enough and off he goes looking for the next if and eyeing up the grass over the next fence.

Reactions: 25

MoodyBlue

VIP Member
Is it mean to ask why didn’t they just leave Princess Alexandra out? Most people won’t know who she is and she’s literally being held up by 2 people, it just looks silly. It’s not exactly the slimmed down monarchy he speaks of.
Maybe he felt after all her years of service and loyalty, she deserved to be in the official photographs, before she departs this mortal coil.

Reactions: 24

50sGirl

VIP Member
There’s been a BBC News announcement saying Harry and Meghan have. Even involved in a near catastrophic car chase lasting 2hrs

2 hours? Wouldn’t you call the police immediately so they could intervene?

Wasn’t it just yesterday that Harry was told that the UK police cannot be hired as security by wealthy people? And then this happens which shows everyone he needs security. What are the chances?

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Lammington

VIP Member
Added to which it was primarily about body shape and not size and the women spoken of were hardly unhealthily overweight, Meghan had just had a baby for gods sake so it’s not unreasonable that she’d put on some weight. The comments were definitely unnecessarily judgemental and based on what that person thinks is acceptable. Bugger all to do with health.
Personally, I am not a fan of many of the comments on the bodies of the royal women on here. There is a lot of shaming of Kate for her body being apparently too slim, then shaming of Meghan for her body apparently not being thin enough.
Why are we still pulling the same messy misogyny of pitting women against each other using their weight as a weapon?

• Heart
Reactions: 23