Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
She gets to be near her family which seems important too.

I think the person living in them takes on the bills, but who knows - maybe the Crown pays for it.

Outrage over an NDA is hilarious though. All royal employees have NDAs. Angela Kelly seems to have been one of those manipulating-elderly-friends sort of person - or so she seems to me. 'Look how important and close I am to HMTQ!'
I thought she was from Liverpool? She’s moving to Yorkshire? Although I suppose she could have family there but as her new home will revert to the Crown maybe they didn’t want one in Liverpool?!

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
Ya is even worse with PMs I think. At least everyone knows they can't be king. In theory anyone should be able to become PM whether they've been to Oxbridge or not.
It seems that those who enjoy being a leader have some ego issue and superiority complex. That makes sense when you learn about many of their backgrounds, education, family etc.

laughing

VIP Member
It’s currently Charles, Camilla, Anne supported by Timothy, Edward, Sophie, William and Kate.
Princess Alexandria looks like she has possibly come to the end of her working life, Prince Edward still does bits and bobs I think, but has had 2 strokes at least and Prince Richard and his wife are also part time currently, I think.
I think the likes of George and Louis in particular and maybe Charlotte will be mid 20’s and post university/stint in the forces before they even think about full time Royalling.

Edward has had two strokes?

Andrews two girls also do visits for the RF

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Just watched this, it’s a video (it’s about 10pm a long) by two conservative commentators from America who watched the Coronation in London for their channels. Whilst on Reddit the past few days there was a lot of Americans who were crowing at the Coronation and saying negative things about the process but these two seem to really love the whole experience. I found it interesting what they said that every country needs the ability to unite around something, for Americans it’s the flag and for them they believe for the British it’s the Royal family. I’m not sure if I agree with the Royal family being a unifier for the British as there are quite a lot of difficulties within the history of the Royals, especially the devolved nations, but an interesting thought none the less.
As they are conservatives, they weren’t happy with how it was modernised - to the point one said she didn’t like the woman bishop.

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
Loving the Biden daughter's outfit and what I could see of Katy Perry's. Kate should consider different styles like this. The Biden one was graceful and Royal (no flashing) 😄
Apparently it’s a granddaughter, not sure if she’s the only one or she just got the best invitation 😂

NomDePlume

VIP Member
What is it with the press conveniently forgetting writers exist? Priyanka and Melissa did not write the scripts.
Pretty sure Catherine, as a public figure, can ignore that sort of stuff. The Little Mermaid one is clearly just because they’re both recognisable princess names (Diana was a guess in the original film too, and the mermaid makes a face at Eric’s guesses in that film too). You’ve misquoted the Citadel line, but either way it’s a laughably bad mouthful of a sentence and is probably because the writer isn’t a Catherine fan.
But the press trying to ‘six degrees of Kevin Bacon’ credit the lines to Meghan is such a reach.
And yet, Omid Scoby's buddy works for Disney. Omid, the unhinged, who is still busy excusing MM and all her lying 'misremembering'. Must be just another coincidence again.
There's already been some kind of statement to deny from Disney to prevent backlash.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Anyone see the headline about Boris apparently squaring up to Charles (before he was king) about the Rwanda scheme? Probably BS on Boris part, we know what he's like.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I wonder why the Duchess of Kent didn’t go. I know she’s been retired for some time but she has appeared sparingly at certain events.

travelbug20

It's more worrying that Charles felt an NDA was necessary IMO. The late Queen clearly trusted her immensely and it certainly seems that she was closer to the Queen than anyone in the last few years of her life. It's rather sad to think she would need an NDA to keep quiet and take the Queen's trust and secrets to the grave. The Queen may have given her permission to write the books whilst she was alive and could vet what went in them, it's a different story now she's no longer here to have a say.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
As per Debretts

i assume the Marquess of Bath issues arise because an IVF baby, even if the couples eggs and sperm are used there is paperwork around legal parentage?

Spid

VIP Member
Strange how we heard hardly anything for months then all at once we have awards, sightings and a chase .....
You missed the book launch? They've been in NYC a few times for awards, they were at Ellen's wedding vows renewal and probably plenty of others I don't recall

Spid

VIP Member
It gets more embarrassing. First the mayor, then the NYPD downplaying it now the pap agency Backgrid saying it was H&M that got pulled over by the police for erratic driving.
View attachment 2178164 Do you think perhaps they were worried about that story getting out and they thought they’d try and get in front of it by claiming it was a chase?
Backgrid could clear this up by releasing the videos they have, unless they are trying to get H&M to shoot themselves in the foot