The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the newly released pics. George is at a very interesting and transitional time of his life though. If they had managed to somewhat shelter him up until now, the death of Queen Elizabeth and his grandfather's coronation means that he very much knows that being King is his destiny. William and Catherine seem to be doing a great job so far - as the kids get older though they need to decide if George is treated differently or exactly the same as Charlotte and Louis. We all know that the exactly the same thing ended up very badly for William and Harry. How do they try to ensure that Charlotte and Louis don't become jealous of George (because that's what's at the heart of Harry's issues - fueled of course by drug taking and mental health issues). One thing that I am concerned about (this may be unpopular) is the media narrative around Louis being boisterous and a bit of a ratbag etc. Harry was painted for years as easy going and fun (it was all BS), but look where things ended up there. At least I guess the kids should be out of the spotlight for a few years (unless something major happens to intervene) so hopefully the narrative dies down, but I suspect not.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I hate the way Louis has become stereotyped so quickly, just by behaving like a normal 4/5 year old during family occasions which feel very long and boring for someone his age.

I loved during the Jubilee Weekend when his parents had been trying to keep him occupied for some time and he asked for ‘Pa’ and William turned and asked ‘Grandpa, can Louis sit on your knee?’ It reminds you they are human just like us.

I hope he grows up to become his own man comfortable in his own right and identity and doesn’t feel burdened by the weight of being the ‘Spare’.

Reactions: 30
Louis isn’t the spare it’s Charlotte.
I think William is a strong stubborn character and learning from his own experience growing up (where the Queen Mother and the older generation treated him differently to Harry) will ensure they’ll get a grounded upbringing. His family circle is closer and more supportive than his own upbringing. I think they’ll be ok.

Reactions: 13
Though he now has the burden of a character the public expect of him, Louis doesn't have that of the "spare" - Charlotte is next in line after George.
Louis is in the same position as Edward, effectively, which might allow him not to follow in the footsteps of Harry and Andrew with the jealousy.

Reactions: 6
Louis isn’t the spare it’s Charlotte.
I think William is a strong stubborn character and learning from his own experience growing up (where the Queen Mother and the older generation treated him differently to Harry) will ensure they’ll get a grounded upbringing. His family circle is closer and more supportive than his own upbringing. I think they’ll be ok.
That is correct she is but it feels like the media want to champion her as the reliable, supportive Princess Anne type and Louis will come under much heavier scrutiny from them.

I have no doubt the Queen Mother favoured William hugely over his brother but find it weird considering she married a ‘spare’

Reactions: 6
The tit bit for Louis is that the kids get put into the same mould as an older royal by the media.

Charlotte's being likened to Anne, the most popular royal in popularity polls. Not entirely unreasonable, since she's also a sister to the heir, and Charlotte will likely get the Princess Royal title when William becomes King.

Unfortunately for Louis, he's likened to Harry. And we all know how Harry turned out. However the reality is that Louis is unlikely to turn out like Harry - his circumstances are different, he doesn't seem to be being favoured like Harry was by Diana, and they seem to be being proactive with him like taking him out of the coronation for a little while when it was too much, not at the coronation concert because it was too late.

Thankfully, the lack of contact between the brothers means that Louis isn't going to be seen with Harry any time soon. The next event they'll both be at is probably Charles' funeral. Hopefully with time and distance the comparison to Harry will disappear, especially as Louis grows up and is a bit more mature.

Reactions: 9
The tit bit for Louis is that the kids get put into the same mould as an older royal by the media.

Charlotte's being likened to Anne, the most popular royal in popularity polls. Not entirely unreasonable, since she's also a sister to the heir, and Charlotte will likely get the Princess Royal title when William becomes King.

Unfortunately for Louis, he's likened to Harry. And we all know how Harry turned out. However the reality is that Louis is unlikely to turn out like Harry - his circumstances are different, he doesn't seem to be being favoured like Harry was by Diana, and they seem to be being proactive with him like taking him out of the coronation for a little while when it was too much, not at the coronation concert because it was too late.

Thankfully, the lack of contact between the brothers means that Louis isn't going to be seen with Harry any time soon. The next event they'll both be at is probably Charles' funeral. Hopefully with time and distance the comparison to Harry will disappear, especially as Louis grows up and is a bit more mature.
Despite how badly Harry has behaved I feel for him and William and what they endured about the way their parent’s toxic divorce was so very public and the way they were paraded about right after their mother’s death and the general hysteria around it all.

Hopefully the Middletons will be a stabilising presence for the three Wales children.

Despite how badly Harry has behaved I feel for him and William and what they endured about the way their parent’s toxic divorce was so very public and the way they were paraded about right after their mother’s death and the general hysteria around it all.

Hopefully the Middletons will be a stabilising presence for the three Wales children.
It's no wonder Harry's got obvious emotional issues when you think about those things. But I also think that part of Harry's issues stem from the fact that he was initially brought up as 'equal' to his brother, despite their entire position being based on a hierarchy that William was always going to be higher in. I don't think Harry was ever going to be truly happy after realising that wasn't true, because he wasn't prepared for it, and didn't have a plan for his own life other than co-ruling with Willy.

I think Kate and her family are going to be positive for Louis, as is having another sibling who's also not the heir. I also think the distance from Harry is good for him too. There's benefits to being the spare (C+L have the freedom to choose their own lives, where G does not), but those will be difficult to see if he's around someone who's clearly so angry that he was ever in that role.

Reactions: 10

Diana didn’t come from a stable family and neither did Charles - it’s no wonder that Harry and William have issues (in regards to stories about William’s anger, but of course we will never know the full story with him). The Middletons seem as normal a family as you can get in those circles. So hopefully they will keep the three Wales children grounded.

Talking of the Middletons, I wonder why they were invited - I would get it if it was William’s/George’s coronation but for Charles it seems a bit unusual, especially as places were scarce.

I don't think issues stem from treating the kids as "equal," but rather trying to consistently make it up to the younger what is perceived they lose out on by not being heir.
It's like allowing a younger child a present on their sibling's birthday, or to "help" blow out the candles. It can help avoid a meltdown when they're very young, but the older they get, if you continue to allow it they begin to see it as their right to have a share of the celebrations of others.

Reactions: 15
With the parents as lazy as they are I highly doubt George, Charlotte, and Louis will have raging work ethics in the lines of grandpa or great-aunt Anne. I doubt George would stat working as a royal til his mid to late twenties at the earliest - William took til nearly 40 and still barely works.

If William and Kate continue with their 'quality not quantity,' i.e. excuses to remain lazy where quality is simply showing up once in awhile to do something once a month or twice a month, will there be anything left? Will their unfettered support remain? They are the only 'young' ones in the family, the ones that a younger generation could potentially support as said demographic grows older.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.