The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even being neutral on H&M is quite niche by now though, given that only 17% are. A strong dislike of them is more mainstream, going by both YouGov and day-to-day conversations here in England (at the hairdressers, GP’s waiting room and what have you). Personally, I’ve got to say I’ve never come across any of the 17%, let alone the 23/29% who support them 🤷‍♀️ Perhaps they tend to move in their own circles, IDK.
The only person I’ve heard say they like Harry and Meghan was my middle aged republican director at work. We were speaking about the royals after the funeral and there were 2 women on the team who couldn’t stand them. He also said he couldn’t stand Kate and thought she was a gold digger 🤷🏻‍♀️
---
I saw something yesterday that said Kate would be worth £1 billion if she gave up royal life and became an influencer. Maybe that’s the way forward for her 🤣
I really feel for her, she will never please everybody but will always be in the public eye. And yes she knew what she was getting into, but still it can’t be easy! I don’t know much about polls and rankings etc but I do know that pretty much everyone I know, in their early 40s or older, thinks she’s lovely and will be an amazing queen!
I think if Kate were to become and influencer and write a book Harry style that would be far more interesting. Coming in as an outsider and seeing the workings of the family, seeing others come and go in the family and the reasons. Raising the next heir to the throne and being married to one, making the decision at uni to enter a serious relationship with the heir. A lot of Harry’s book was about his mum who’s had so much wrote about her it isn’t that interesting or shocking anymore.

Reactions: 9
I think there is much space between bland and drama. I like Kate but there are some problems that can’t be ignored. I actually think she might be a pretty cool person in private. We will never know and that’s fine. But the public persona they sell needs some serious effort. Being so bland that people think you boring and lazy isn’t helpful.

I will say, that I like what their team did on the video front. They should build on that. The editing fit pretty much with the current style. The videos should be spread wider over the timeline though and either longer or less focused on one occasion.

I wonder if the current headlines about the Cambridges stealing the thunder at the coronation are tabloids needing new drama after H&M are getting stale or if BP is being petulant. It’s not wrong, but quite honestly, a dynasties biggest goal is power and persistence, so Charly should get over himself (if that is the problem) and push them even more into the spotlight. They could work and if they play it right, carry the institution into another 50years.

The only person I’ve heard say they like Harry and Meghan was my middle aged republican director at work. We were speaking about the royals after the funeral and there were 2 women on the team who couldn’t stand them. He also said he couldn’t stand Kate and thought she was a gold digger 🤷🏻‍♀️
---

I think if Kate were to become and influencer and write a book Harry style that would be far more interesting. Coming in as an outsider and seeing the workings of the family, seeing others come and go in the family and the reasons. Raising the next heir to the throne and being married to one, making the decision at uni to enter a serious relationship with the heir. A lot of Harry’s book was about his mum who’s had so much wrote about her it isn’t that interesting or shocking anymore.
I think she'd already decided on that before Uni!! *ducks*

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think there is much space between bland and drama. I like Kate but there are some problems that can’t be ignored. I actually think she might be a pretty cool person in private. We will never know and that’s fine. But the public persona they sell needs some serious effort. Being so bland that people think you boring and lazy isn’t helpful.

I will say, that I like what their team did on the video front. They should build on that. The editing fit pretty much with the current style. The videos should be spread wider over the timeline though and either longer or less focused on one occasion.

I wonder if the current headlines about the Cambridges stealing the thunder at the coronation are tabloids needing new drama after H&M are getting stale or if BP is being petulant. It’s not wrong, but quite honestly, a dynasties biggest goal is power and persistence, so Charly should get over himself (if that is the problem) and push them even more into the spotlight. They could work and if they play it right, carry the institution into another 50years.
I think the main problem for the tabloids is that things have settled down. Charles has been crowned, Camilla is Queen, Harry and Meghan haven’t particularly done anything of note, no one is really that interested in Andrew and the children are back in the box to school. It’s just a return to the bread and butter day to day business of Royalling with no big state occasions or newsworthy events. It’s back to how much Kate’s ear rings cost and Judi James trying to create a whole article on how she got out a car, or similar.

When they have literally had 5 years of headlines and stories that write themselves that run and run, then having to scrabble round for things to keep the stories going must be a bit of a shock. It’s conflict that gets the interest, whether it’s right, wrong or exaggerated for effect. I can’t imagine any editor getting excited over headlines that say everyone is lovely, everyone gets on famously and all in the garden is rosy.

Reactions: 10
I think the main problem for the tabloids is that things have settled down. Charles has been crowned, Camilla is Queen, Harry and Meghan haven’t particularly done anything of note, no one is really that interested in Andrew and the children are back in the box to school. It’s just a return to the bread and butter day to day business of Royalling with no big state occasions or newsworthy events. It’s back to how much Kate’s ear rings cost and Judi James trying to create a whole article on how she got out a car, or similar.

When they have literally had 5 years of headlines and stories that write themselves that run and run, then having to scrabble round for things to keep the stories going must be a bit of a shock. It’s conflict that gets the interest, whether it’s right, wrong or exaggerated for effect. I can’t imagine any editor getting excited over headlines that say everyone is lovely, everyone gets on famously and all in the garden is rosy.
The most exciting thing was seeing that the Duchess of Edinburgh can dance and has a great sense of rhythm at the concert, the rest of the adults looked like they were being pulled by invisible strings, apart from Mike Tindall who was Dad dancing massively.

Reactions: 4
The most exciting thing was seeing that the Duchess of Edinburgh can dance and has a great sense of rhythm the rest of the adults looked like they were being pulled by invisible strings, apart from Mike Tindall who was Dad dancing massively.
It was the DofE for me realising he was not moving in time with the music and stopping and starting again.

Fondle Friday though 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It was the DofE for me realising he was not moving in time with the music and stopping and starting again.

Fondle Friday though 😳
You know when you can’t unsee something and wished you’d never watched a programme …

• Haha
There’s been a BBC News announcement saying Harry and Meghan have. Even involved in a near catastrophic car chase lasting 2hrs

2 hours? Wouldn’t you call the police immediately so they could intervene?

Wasn’t it just yesterday that Harry was told that the UK police cannot be hired as security by wealthy people? And then this happens which shows everyone he needs security. What are the chances?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I wrote this on the M&H thread but “near catastrophic”…..so nothing actually happened. They are safe and well. If perhaps a little shaken up. Does not explain why this is breaking news or the only thing sky news are talking about.

I’m also struggling with an over two hour car chase in the streets of New York (a very busy 24/7 place). And why didn’t he just phone his security and police???

Reactions: 16
I wasn’t aware they had been told that @50sGirl
I do find it odd it’s coming out now after I thought there had been so much positive press on Megan’s award

I can’t believe they would make this up… surely not
---
Where was his security through all of this? They’re always papped with a group of armed men

Reactions: 3
100% staged. He's demanding his Met Police 24/7/365 anywhere he is in the world. A 2 hour car chase in NYC just wouldn't happen. They were photographed getting into taxis, not their security cars, after the event. Maybe Harry didn't like how the cabbies were driving or that people took pictures of them leaving.

The Oedipus complex is so big even Freud wouldn't deal with this.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I wasn’t aware they had been told that @50sGirl
I do find it odd it’s coming out now after I thought there had been so much positive press on Megan’s award

I can’t believe they would make this up… surely not
---
Where was his security through all of this? They’re always papped with a group of armed men
Here’s the article…

And why were they travelling in a taxI and not in their secure car? 🤔

2 hours? Wouldn’t you call the police immediately so they could intervene?

Wasn’t it just yesterday that Harry was told that the UK police cannot be hired as security by wealthy people? And then this happens which shows everyone he needs security. What are the chances?
Is it technically possible to have a multi car, 2 hour car chase in New York?

Reactions: 10
I’m just confused that in an age of social media and stars having their every sneeze shared online, why we only know today about this quite wild ordeal per their spokesperson and not yesterday night when it happened?

I’m keeping an open mind and waiting for details to dribble in.

Surely if it was that dangerous you’d call a hotel, arrange over the phone a room you could be shuffled inside to while you called the police and it was dealt with, not just driven around for two hours. I wonder how it was concluded in the end, I hope they trying to overrun the photographers given Diana’s fate

I'm feeling cynical......
I can't believe people honestly believe they'd make this up....

While the wording of this article is funny it is possible to get into a car chase for two hours - a chase usually involves two cars and can absolutely happen for two hours if the other car is trying to lose the other, traffic etc.

I'm waiting for more information on this but if most people immediate thought is they made it up no wonder they fucked off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.