The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s allowed to exist. It’s not like she was getting papped during the ceremony.
Oh come on, it’s hardly a coincidence that she was “papped“ over the coronation weekend! I honestly thought she’d have the common sense to not make it so obvious and do it this weekend but no, a narcissist needs her fix. Sad really.

Reactions: 26
So what happens now, do they go on 'honeymoon'?
The honeymoon is well and truly over baby

Now the real work begins- showing the public they are worthy to get tax payers money 💰!
---
I actually think W and C (lol) have stepped up a bit this year. I guess their honeymoon is over too.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The honeymoon is well and truly over baby

Now the real work begins- showing the public they are worthy to get tax payers money 💰!
---
I actually think W and C (lol) have stepped up a bit this year. I guess their honeymoon is over too.
Not sure I know what they do apart from turn up at stuff. Not being facecitious I just honestly don't know.

Reactions: 4
Oh come on, it’s hardly a coincidence that she was “papped“ over the coronation weekend! I honestly thought she’d have the common sense to not make it so obvious and do it this weekend but no, a narcissist needs her fix. Sad really.
She is allowed to leave the house you know and if people didn't get so ridiculously outraged about her even breathing then there would be no call to print photos of her. If it weren't for this thread I'd not have know as she isn't part of my focus and all I've seem are (understandably) wall to wall coverage of the actual coronation and related concert

Reactions: 14
I don’t know what to think of the MM sighting. I can see both options. But she would definitely have been aware that people are trying to take her pictures this weekend. So going out was obviously going to result in something like this. But I also don’t think she should have stayed home just to avoid this if she wanted to go hiking or dinner or whatever. My personal wish would be for the tabloids to just stop reporting on them. Because 90% of the chatter is about some mundane tit or royal something. Their actual work/charity related stuff makes a really small portion. That’s why they sometimes look more important than they actually are. They have lost this game throughly. The monarchy will be just fine without them and if it gets abolished it has nothing to do with them. They need to find a way to be successful in their own right asap before no one takes them seriously anymore but only as bitter hanger ons. M seems to be better fitted to make. She can work hard, is beautiful and has all the connections now. If she could stop inserting her way too much into projects and ride in the back seat this whole production side branch could become very successful. She could become THE support for minority community scripts, screenwriters, production and post production personal and actors. Why not produce an all female staff movie? Why not embrace diverse cast and staff? It might not bring in a lot of money in the beginning but could pay off big time. Riding on this she could build herself as a respected voice in the industry and in the public,political sphere. Her biggest problems are probably her ego (hurt feelings) and her husband. H should step back. Accept that his pull was mostly based on being a working royal, becoming the stay at home parent to support his wife and just concentrate on Sentebale and Invictus.
These are from Backgrid. I'm not sure if you know but basically how that works is the client (Megan) tells the photographer where they'll be, they do some photos. The photos then get sent to the clients publicist they pick which can be sold on, then Backgrid sell them to the tabloids. They are very few random pap shots anymore, it's too costly to have photographers hanging about. There is more money in the staged pap shots and better quality images for the client as well as the narrative they want.

Reactions: 16
She is allowed to leave the house you know and if people didn't get so ridiculously outraged about her even breathing then there would be no call to print photos of her. If it weren't for this thread I'd not have know as she isn't part of my focus and all I've seem are (understandably) wall to wall coverage of the actual coronation and related concert
Yes, it was just a coincidence that she was “papped” this weekend. Of course it was! 😆
Want to buy some magic beans…? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Yes, it was just a coincidence that she was “papped” this weekend. Of course it was! 😆
Want to buy some magic beans…? 😉
But why does it annoy you, it’s barely been covered and, as I said, I’d not even have known if people like you weren’t going on about it. It’s not a news story for most of us.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I liked the symbolism of it actually, even if it was a mistake. They should keep it in future coronations. George (and his children?) to walk behind William at his ceremony. Would be good. Reflects stability and continuity.

btw, been thinking, what number King William will he be when his time comes? IV?
He will be V. William IV was the King before Victoria. That’s if he goes with William, of course. He also has Arthur, Philip and Louis to go at

Reactions: 1
I don’t know what to think of the MM sighting. I can see both options. But she would definitely have been aware that people are trying to take her pictures this weekend. So going out was obviously going to result in something like this. But I also don’t think she should have stayed home just to avoid this if she wanted to go hiking or dinner or whatever. My personal wish would be for the tabloids to just stop reporting on them. Because 90% of the chatter is about some mundane tit or royal something. Their actual work/charity related stuff makes a really small portion. That’s why they sometimes look more important than they actually are. They have lost this game throughly. The monarchy will be just fine without them and if it gets abolished it has nothing to do with them. They need to find a way to be successful in their own right asap before no one takes them seriously anymore but only as bitter hanger ons. M seems to be better fitted to make. She can work hard, is beautiful and has all the connections now. If she could stop inserting her way too much into projects and ride in the back seat this whole production side branch could become very successful. She could become THE support for minority community scripts, screenwriters, production and post production personal and actors. Why not produce an all female staff movie? Why not embrace diverse cast and staff? It might not bring in a lot of money in the beginning but could pay off big time. Riding on this she could build herself as a respected voice in the industry and in the public,political sphere. Her biggest problems are probably her ego (hurt feelings) and her husband. H should step back. Accept that his pull was mostly based on being a working royal, becoming the stay at home parent to support his wife and just concentrate on Sentebale and Invictus.
These are such good ideas. Producing is where the money is.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
To be fair, anyone with a camera phone these days is a potential pap for the likes of the Mail with their handy email address and phone number and instructions on how to send in your photos, so if you are going to get papped you might as well have control over it.

Reactions: 3
Yep,that's their work.
It's also likely to stay the backbone of their work - if William hasn't found something he truly cares about by the time he's now become Prince of Wales, it's unlikely he'll have time to develop it in the time he holds the title.

Charles was able to do a lot in his time as PoW, in part due to sheer longevity of the position, but also due to him genuinely seeming to have passions. His willingness to use his navy pension to start the prince's trust, and his commitment to environmental causes despite much ridicule before people accepted the science come foremost to mind. Love him or hate him, the good he's done in his time as PoW can't be denied.

I've not seen that same kind of drive in William, but perhaps he'll be able to use his time in the position to support and continue the work of his father, if he has no driving passions. Here's hoping.

Reactions: 16
They have been talking about charles and how long his reign could be. It got me wondering if the windsor genes are unique to European royals or are all the other European royals equally long living? Does anyone here know more on this?

Reactions: 2
It's also likely to stay the backbone of their work - if William hasn't found something he truly cares about by the time he's now become Prince of Wales, it's unlikely he'll have time to develop it in the time he holds the title.

Charles was able to do a lot in his time as PoW, in part due to sheer longevity of the position, but also due to him genuinely seeming to have passions. His willingness to use his navy pension to start the prince's trust, and his commitment to environmental causes despite much ridicule before people accepted the science come foremost to mind. Love him or hate him, the good he's done in his time as PoW can't be denied.

I've not seen that same kind of drive in William, but perhaps he'll be able to use his time in the position to support and continue the work of his father, if he has no driving passions. Here's hoping.
Honestly, William just comes across incredibly lazy. He has had all the time in the world to find a "passion project" - The mental health stuff he did with Kate, Harry and Megan before he left he could've continued or even put more effort into the Earth Shot project and he'd be set.

I know they are in peoples good books now but i don't think they are prepared for when they aren't and I've a feeling that might come alot soon than they think.

On the Megan pap pics i think she's damned if she does or doesnt - At least if she called the pap herself she has more control over what gets put out i guess.
---
They have been talking about charles and how long his reign could be. It got me wondering if the windsor genes are unique to European royals or are all the other European royals equally long living? Does anyone here know more on this?
Honestly - if you have the best healthcare money can get and no real life stresses I'm sure most of us could live long lives

Reactions: 7
They have very, erm, similar gene pools, so, no none of them appear to die young.

Reactions: 4
I think neither, W nor K are as passionate about something as Charles or PP were in their roles. This doesn’t have to be a bad thing- but they need to look busy non the less. W could have started to really get into the Duchy for the last ten years. The Princes Trust is a fantastic endeavour. There is no need to come up with another thing just to have something of your own. Dedicating your time to an already established and great operation is just as good.
Same goes for Kate.
If they really felt the need to come up with their own big (vanity) projects, they should have planned them out right after marriage. By now, they could be miles ahead in terms of professionalism and acceptance. Neither Earthshot nor Early Years will have the decades to get as successful. They are lacking but are pushed beyond what they are at this point because the Walses need the wins under their belt. Bit late for that.
I don’t begrudge them to be not passionate about something. But bloody hell you need to look invested and do the job if you want anyone to believe you are. Abysmal PR also plays a part here.

@Reraciara I am not too sure if they will have a problem with bad PR per se. They might be the golden couple now but they had some bad years when they were the whipping boys and H was the golden boy. He definitely believed his own hype. But W&K might be rational enough to realise that they all are villains or heros, depending on what will sell. They showed quite the backbone when everyone acted as if they were withholding their children from the public. In the end, they won.
Charles and HMTQ had times with horrible PR and dealt with the bad public opinion. As long as their grip on the crown isn’t threatened I don’t think anyone will care.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.