The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's under relentless pressure to be "perfect" in all aspects of her life.Yes she knew what she was taking on but even so...having some control over her diet may be comforting.

Reactions: 8
Wow, this reads as very judgemental about women's bodies and what you perceive to be the ideal. I rarely think Kate dresses well or looks good in her choice of outfit but presumably she likes it so fair enough.
No wonder so many woman in the public eye have problems with eating disorders with opinions like this.
I find the hypocrisy of these replies astonishing. On every page of this thread someone is commenting and being critical of Kate's figure. There have even been people who commented, that they too are naturally slim, but to no avail to those who body shame here ALL the time.

Am I to understand that it's only Kate who is allowed to be criticised here? No one else? The double standard seems to be that it's okay to be horrible about skinny people while fat should be applauded to make every overweight person feel better.

Being overweight is not just about looks, it's about health!!! This applies to both women and men, though men are never held to the same standard as women. I'm willing to bet that Catherine is in far better health than any of us commenting here.

I buried two relatives in just over a year. One died very prematurely and literally ate himself to death, despite having the best health care. The other died aged 99 but always ate simply and in moderation. It was no surprise to me as to who lived the healthiest and longest life.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Kate looks lovely today at the garden party. I love the cinched waist and flared skirt dress shape on her. I'm not sure about the silver shoes though but at least they're different.

Reactions: 4
Kate looks lovely today at the garden party. I love the cinched waist and flared skirt dress shape on her. I'm not sure about the silver shoes though but at least they're different.

See, again the static electricity net and pussy bow is giving me 1983 flashbacks.
I used to have a dress very similar to Sophie’s as well (although mine was Oasis, I think, and minus the chesticles rufflage)
it’s very disconcerting to find my late very unlamented 1980/early 90’s wardrobe pitching up worn by Royals.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
So how many working royals do we have now? I mean Anne is 72 and Charles and Camilla are in their 70's so lets say in 10 years time they are too old to do walkabout etc who's left just Wills and Kate because George will be 18 and more than likely in uni?

So how many working royals do we have now? I mean Anne is 72 and Charles and Camilla are in their 70's so lets say in 10 years time they are too old to do walkabout etc who's left just Wills and Kate because George will be 18 and more than likely in uni?
It’s currently Charles, Camilla, Anne supported by Timothy, Edward, Sophie, William and Kate.
Princess Alexandria looks like she has possibly come to the end of her working life, Prince Edward still does bits and bobs I think, but has had 2 strokes at least and Prince Richard and his wife are also part time currently, I think.
I think the likes of George and Louis in particular and maybe Charlotte will be mid 20’s and post university/stint in the forces before they even think about full time Royalling.

Reactions: 1
I think

See, again the static electricity net and pussy bow is giving me 1983 flashbacks.
I used to have a dress very similar to Sophie’s as well (although mine was Oasis, I think, and minus the chesticles rufflage)
it’s very disconcerting to find my late very unlamented 1980/early 90’s wardrobe pitching up worn by Royals.
Ya I don't love the pussy bow but I like the dress overall and I think the shape really suits Kate. Don't like the ruffle on Sophie's dress either. I think you need to be an A cup to get away with loads of detailing on the top of a dress.

I swear I’ve seen that dress from her before. I really love that colour on her. I think what Sophie is wearing is lovely too.

Reactions: 2
I swear I’ve seen that dress from her before. I really love that colour on her. I think what Sophie is wearing is lovely too.
Sophie wore hers at Ascot last year I think and Kate wore hers at Ascot in 2019. Same hats too

Being overweight is not just about looks, it's about health!!! This applies to both women and men
And yet your horrible comment conveniently only singled out women, and never once mentioned their health, only their figure, appearance, faces and fashion style.
If you're gonna write judgmental, cruel, sexist comments at least have the balls to own it instead of pathetically hiding behind health concerns.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
And yet your horrible comment conveniently only singled out women, and never once mentioned their health, only their figure, appearance, faces and fashion style.
If you're gonna write judgmental, cruel, sexist comments at least have the balls to own it instead of pathetically hiding behind health concerns.
Added to which it was primarily about body shape and not size and the women spoken of were hardly unhealthily overweight, Meghan had just had a baby for gods sake so it’s not unreasonable that she’d put on some weight. The comments were definitely unnecessarily judgemental and based on what that person thinks is acceptable. Bugger all to do with health.

Reactions: 13
Ya she looks more regal. I don't know if it's Charles' posture or what but he looks a bit dishevelled and like he's in fancy dress in some of the photos.
He looks swamped by it all. The robes are wearing him not the other way around. In the one of him and Camilla they look like they're posing at a friend's wedding. It all looks so... blah. There's no poise or elegance that you see in the photos of the Queen, or King George V and Queen Mary.

The first garden party and Charles and Camilla weren’t there. I’m wondering if she’s pretty ill and that’s why we’re seeing so much more of Kate and Will.

Charles was out and about today in Cambridge but Camilla wasn’t with him.

I think Camilla definitely hurt herself somehow - there's probably credence to the 'threw out her back' comments. She is not nearly as robust as her husband.

Reactions: 5
He looks swamped by it all. The robes are wearing him not the other way around. In the one of him and Camilla they look like they're posing at a friend's wedding. It all looks so... blah. There's no poise or elegance that you see in the photos of the Queen, or King George V and Queen Mary.
I think part of it is Charles lack of height, or at least how short he looks on them. The Windsor men have always looked quite slim but well built and tall so they just look stereotypically more statesmen like. I think someone said it as well that the quality helps, when it’s black and white and a bit grainy it’s easier to look better. High quality on instagram and it makes the purple shirt look like he raided the kids dress up box.

Reactions: 2
It’s currently Charles, Camilla, Anne supported by Timothy, Edward, Sophie, William and Kate.
Princess Alexandria looks like she has possibly come to the end of her working life, Prince Edward still does bits and bobs I think, but has had 2 strokes at least and Prince Richard and his wife are also part time currently, I think.
I think the likes of George and Louis in particular and maybe Charlotte will be mid 20’s and post university/stint in the forces before they even think about full time Royalling.

Edward has had two strokes?

Andrews two girls also do visits for the RF

Edward has had two strokes?

Andrews two girls also do visits for the RF
The other Prince Edward the Duke of Kent.
---
The first garden party and Charles and Camilla weren’t there. I’m wondering if she’s pretty ill and that’s why we’re seeing so much more of Kate and Will.

Charles was out and about today in Cambridge but Camilla wasn’t with him.
It’s not the first garden party, it’s the second one and Charles and Camilla were at the first one.

I’m not sure why people think Camilla is ill?! She wouldn’t have been able to attend the Coronation or the concert if she was that ill.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.