The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe people honestly believe they'd make this up....

While the wording of this article is funny it is possible to get into a car chase for two hours - a chase usually involves two cars and can absolutely happen for two hours if the other car is trying to lose the other, traffic etc.

I'm waiting for more information on this but if most people immediate thought is they made it up no wonder they fucked off.
Not made up - just massively exaggerated I think. The timing is uncanny following the police security comment? Surely even the staunchest stans can see that?

Reactions: 19
The BBC news app now says:

There are now claims the chase that followed involved half a dozen cars, with reckless driving including going through red lights, driving on the pavement, carrying out blocking moves, and reversing down a one way-way street - as well as taking photographs while driving.

The DM app has deleted the article they had on it and now doesn’t mention it at all oddly

Reactions: 4

While the wording of this article is funny it is possible to get into a car chase for two hours - a chase usually involves two cars and can absolutely happen for two hours if the other car is trying to lose the other, traffic etc.

I'm waiting for more information on this but if most people immediate thought is they made it up no wonder they fucked off.
If people can’t take what he says at face value because he’s prone to lying or exaggerating then that’s on him.

Reactions: 26
Think people are just a bit cynical because if it was such a chaotic car chase, with cars on the pavement and driving through lights surely someone would have heard or shared about it before their publicist? There are videos showing their taxi surrounded by paps which I’m sure was awful, especially for Harry and his trauma, but it doesn’t look like a near catastrophic event by any means.

Reactions: 18

To be fair, ’chase’ implies speed. If half a dozen cars were bombing round New York, driving on pavements, scattering pedestrians and jumping traffic lights … would the Police have let it go on for 2 hours?

edit: it seems like the Police were involved? 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Strange how we heard hardly anything for months then all at once we have awards, sightings and a chase .....

Reactions: 6
NYPD would be involved, there’d be a press conference, et cetera. NYPD got zero reports. It was them stuck in traffic. Why would they be in a taxi, where’s their security? It makes zero sense. This isn’t some wild car chase on the 405!

Reactions: 6
From the photos I’ve seen, none are wearing seatbelts. After what happened to his mother I’m gobsmacked.
I fear this will not end well for Harry. 😕

• Wow
Reactions: 21

Their account was supported at least in part by a local law enforcement source, who said that the couple were followed by a “swarm” of paparazzi after leaving the event. The incident did not result in a crash, the source said.
A local law enforcement source corroborated some of the couple’s account, saying that a group of paparazzi followed Harry and Meghan in cars, motorcycles, scooters after they left the event on Tuesday. A protective team from the New York Police Department (NYPD) followed Harry and Meghan in another car, and was forced to make some avoiding maneuvers to get away from the paparazzi, the source said.
Paparazzi on scooters and bikes zoomed down the sidewalk to keep up, the source said. There were many close calls, including short stops between front and backs of cars, but none resulted in a crash, the source added.
I guess more will trickle out.

I think the main problem for the tabloids is that things have settled down. Charles has been crowned, Camilla is Queen, Harry and Meghan haven’t particularly done anything of note, no one is really that interested in Andrew and the children are back in the box to school. It’s just a return to the bread and butter day to day business of Royalling with no big state occasions or newsworthy events. It’s back to how much Kate’s ear rings cost and Judi James trying to create a whole article on how she got out a car, or similar.

When they have literally had 5 years of headlines and stories that write themselves that run and run, then having to scrabble round for things to keep the stories going must be a bit of a shock. It’s conflict that gets the interest, whether it’s right, wrong or exaggerated for effect. I can’t imagine any editor getting excited over headlines that say everyone is lovely, everyone gets on famously and all in the garden is rosy.
Well, that didn’t age well from half past 11 this morning.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Strange how we heard hardly anything for months then all at once we have awards, sightings and a chase .....
You missed the book launch? They've been in NYC a few times for awards, they were at Ellen's wedding vows renewal and probably plenty of others I don't recall

Seems a bit odd why the paparazzi would be so focused on them and scrambling for photos/videos. She isn't on the level of fame as Diana was when she was dating al fayed, and he is not exactly a sought after royal any longer. I could be wrong, but then the paparazzi are weirdos.

Reactions: 10
To be fair, ’chase’ implies speed. If half a dozen cars were bombing round New York, driving on pavements, scattering pedestrians and jumping traffic lights … would the Police have let it go on for 2 hours?

edit: it seems like the Police were involved? 🤷‍♀️
It doesn't sound that plausible. I can believe they were followed by paparazzi but I don't buy that there was a 2 hour 'chase' in NYC of all places.

Reactions: 12
Harry wants nothing to do with the royals, but he still wants royal privileges not offered to non working royals.

What he really aims to get by suing Ravec, is International Protected Person status. This is his endgame. That would mean that any country he goes to/lives in, would need pay for his personal security.

Personal security is hugely expensive, especially for non royals who want to globe trot and play at being royal. Big security,motorcades and car chases, also makes one look ever so important.

I could well believe that Harry, or his wife more likely, deliberately tipped off every possible pap known to man, to deliberately recreate a Diana car chase situation, in order to win that court case.

The timing of this is a little too convenient to be pure coincidence. No one in the US cares that much about H&M. His mother also used to call paps herself, when it suited her. That didn't end very well for her.

Reactions: 20
I’m always amused that (still) people lay into Kate and it’s Ok, but heaven forbid anyone say anything about Megan and everyone’s racist or jealous.

I truly wonder what the Royal women have to do these days to be accepted.
I love it when royal fans praise members of the RF for ''shining light'' on this or that charity. So basically you expect royals to act as influencers. :sneaky:

Reactions: 2
Why does there even need to be a chase? They were at a public event. Plenty of pictures of them already. Who wants a pic of them in a car when there's full length pics of them everywhere? 2 hour car chase? Please. 🙄

Was he not filming it as he usually does? Pics or it didn't happen, Harold.

Reactions: 10
I love it when royal fans praise members of the RF for ''shining light'' on this or that charity. So basically you expect royals to act as influencers. :sneaky:
did You mean to quote me? I wasn’t aware i was expecting Royals to act as influencers. I also wouldn’t class myself as a royal fan but having lived in the U.K. a long time it’s hard to ignore them.
I have Followed this thread for some time, don’t always comment, and generally fino the history incredibly interesting (especially all that past talk of tiaras)

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.