The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was definitely grumpy at the lack of bling … Charles wanted sustainability … what is more sustainable than trotting off down to the vault and wearing something sparkly you’ve had for 100 years (and in the case of anything from Queen Mary was probably ‘gifted’ in the first place) rather than have someone craft a new mock-tiara that you’re going to have to pay for?
(still not over it 😀 )
Queen Mary was probably turning in her grave at the lack of bling

Reactions: 5
Was thinking yesterday about the curse of the spare

Queen’s kids
Charles - monarch
Anne - no nonsense and gets on with it
Andrew - well…..

Charles’s kids
William - heir
Harry - obviously not the same as Andrew but still out of the family inner circle

William’s kids
George - heir
Charlotte - will be very similar to Anne

Therefore to break the pattern Louis must be protected at all costs. I know things will change as he gets older but he is just such a sweetheart
I think William and Kate and doing a different and better job of parenting than others. Charles and Diana were more concerned with their own problems and The Queen and Philip were off seeing their realms for lengthy periods, Charles himself has spoken about how he thought his parents were rubbish at paretnting. The Wales children have their more normal grandparents on Kates side to keep them grounded as well.

Reactions: 17
Do we know what the Wales children call Camilla? Do they recognise her as their grandma?

Queen Mary was probably turning in her grave at the lack of bling
I did think imagine telling Queen Mary or Princess Margaret that Liz Truss turned up to a coronation in Karen Millen, wonder if she used a 10% discount code for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hear me out. I think there is beef between Kate and Camilla. I think C knew if K wore a tiara, it would take the focus away from her so she said no. K said F you, I won’t wear a tiara then…

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I was disappointed by no tiaras, perhaps an unpopular opinion but i think it made catherine’s headpiece look a bit cheap and she stood out as no one else was allowed one. Plus if Charles had said no tiaras, I doubt he was pleased with what she ended up using
Charles would have okayed it before yesterday, she didn't just turn up in it 😅 these things are carefully planned.

Reactions: 12
Hear me out. I think there is beef between Kate and Camilla. I think C knew if K wore a tiara, it would take the focus away from her so she said no. K said F you, I won’t wear a tiara then…
Sophie was wearing similar. It was carefully planned I’d say. A tiara, while beautiful is not a crown or Queen

Reactions: 15
I don’t have much problem with Camilla but my opinion has gone down a bit with her not attending the reception last night, not going to the Mall yesterday and with her looking so bored today.
She is either not in particularly good health or is acutely aware of the optics and isn't entirely comfortable herself with the whole Queen thing.
---
MVP though, was surely Penny "biceps" Mordaunt. Looking like an Olympic goddess with that sword, her arms must be killing her this morning.
I said that to my hubby this morning. :ROFLMAO:

Apparently she had been doing press-ups in preparation.

Dread to think how it would have gone down if Jacob Reece Mogg had had to do it. The sword would have weighed more than him !!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This made me laugh. What the royals enjoy eating.

Camilla enjoyed tinned beans on toast 😄
The Queen's favourite food was amusing too.

Reactions: 2
If be surprised if this is what Kate has stuck her neck out on the line for....

On thst note the coronation was a bit of a let down for me - no blunt and lots of "meh" outfits. I liked kates flower headband but wish she styled her hair different - it looked a bit severe for such a delicate piece.

It also confirmed to me that her and Carole share clothes - someone needs to tell her to stop dressing like a 60 year old...

She is either not in particularly good health or is acutely aware of the optics and isn't entirely comfortable herself with the whole Queen thing.
---

I said that to my hubby this morning. :ROFLMAO:

Apparently she had been doing press-ups in preparation.

Dread to think how it would have gone down if Jacob Reece Mogg had had to do it. The sword would have weighed more than him !!
She didn't have to carry it for the whole thing though, they gave her a sort of sling to take the weight of it at some point.

1683474798355.png

Anyone who is still banging the "Harry isn't Charles' son" drum needs to see this picture :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot_20230507_170959_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Hahaha that photo would never have seen the light of day if he was still in the firm 🤣

Reactions: 5
Has anyone seen the clip of C&C in the carriage, waiting to go into the Abbey? Sky News have used a lip reader on it. I dont know how accurate it is, but I was more interested in his facial expressions and body language.

After the fountain pen drama, and now this, what a miserable, short-tempered chap Charles seems to be. And that was after travelling in the comfy carriage. I hate to think what he was like after the return journey!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Camilla is his Carolean Queen and Carer though...No wonder the poor lady looks stressed and tired...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.